Windows 10: Please help! Windows 10 Upgrade freezes several times... last time this happened lost...

Discus and support Please help! Windows 10 Upgrade freezes several times... last time this happened lost... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Windows 10 2019 upgrade keeps freezing.. undo changes several times... Last time I went through an upgrade I had to reinstall everything from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricLasch, Jan 19, 2020.

1. EricLasch Win User

Please help! Windows 10 Upgrade freezes several times... last time this happened lost...

The Windows 10 2019 upgrade keeps freezing.. undo changes several times... Last time I went through an upgrade I had to reinstall everything from scratch and lost a lot of files and important stuff on my disk!!
    Do I have to complete the upgrade? Is there a way to complete the upgrade?
    Thank-you, desperately, eric lasch

:)

EricLasch, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 20, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Please help! Windows 10 Upgrade freezes several times... last time this happened lost...

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Please help! Windows 10 Upgrade freezes several times... last time this happened lost... - Similar Threads - Please help Upgrade

2. BSOD happening for several times on Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD happening for several times on Win 11: Dear all,I am facing a huge amount of WIN 11 BSOD right now. Today I got 4, and a few days ago another one. Usually, they are BAD POOL CALLER but sometimes also others i.e. once PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA. In a pinch, I tried to update to very recent drivers and version of...
  3. Games freeze for several seconds at a time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games freeze for several seconds at a time: Hello everyone,My laptop has started freezing during gaming. The freezing is frequent and lasts for about 10-15 seconds at a time. Also, the games I play aren't that graphically demanding. I've no idea why this has started happening and can't figure out what's causing the...
  4. Games freeze for several seconds at a time

Games freeze for several seconds at a time: Hello everyone,My laptop has started freezing during gaming. The freezing is frequent and lasts for about 10-15 seconds at a time. Also, the games I play aren't that graphically demanding. I've no idea why this has started happening and can't figure out what's causing the...
  5. BSOD several times. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD several times. Please help!: Recently, my friend helped me upgrade my cpu from an old i5-3570 to i5-10400. First couple of days went smoothly but yesterday, my pc started getting different bsod. Stop codes includes "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" twice, "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL",...
  6. BSOD several times. Please help!

BSOD several times. Please help!: Recently, my friend helped me upgrade my cpu from an old i5-3570 to i5-10400. First couple of days went smoothly but yesterday, my pc started getting different bsod. Stop codes includes "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" twice, "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL",...
  7. BSOD several times. Please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My PC is crashing several times...Please help

My PC is crashing several times...Please help: My PC is crashing several times...please help me out...here is the minidump files - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EXG8KqvceNxh99kMs3q7OsIWpLjiS_d8/view?usp=sharing...
  9. If you happen to have the time, please help me!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If you happen to have the time, please help me!: So my computer genius dad is away from home and I managed to do something to my computer. When I startup, after a few minutes, everything freezes and I have to force a restart. I tried finding a solution online and it led me to a blue help screen with a troubleshoot option,...
  10. Blue Screen Happening Several Times a Day

Blue Screen Happening Several Times a Day: Hey, Recently my Computer has been Blue Screening several times a day, ever since I did some windows updates. I have uploaded the dump files to one drive and was wondering if someone could give me some insight into what might be causing the problem? Thanks Sam...