Windows 10: Please help windows 10 webcam not working, doesn't appear in device manager

Discus and support Please help windows 10 webcam not working, doesn't appear in device manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I recently tried to use my webcam, and it isn't working. It doesn't work for any programs (it is undetected) and it doesn't appear in the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mud Muddington, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Please help windows 10 webcam not working, doesn't appear in device manager

So I recently tried to use my webcam, and it isn't working. It doesn't work for any programs (it is undetected) and it doesn't appear in the device manager at all. It is built in to the laptop, and it has worked in the past. I am using windows 10. Any help?

:)

Mud Muddington, Nov 16, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Borolad57 Win User
    USB Webcam showing as Hidden in Device Manager

Hi Likhitha V,

I’m not convinced this is a driver issue at all as the issue appears to be that something has decided to make the device hidden hence the other apps on the PC not being able to find it. However here are the steps I have just tried as outlined in your
    reply.

• The webcam I have is an eSecure webcam, this is connected to a USB port and I know that power is being supplied to the Camera as the lights on the camera can be turned on.

• Opened the Camera App (as supplied with Windows 10) and the “We can’t find your camera message” appears.

• Opened Device Manager

• Expanded Imaging devices. Used the menu option under View to Show Hidden Devices. USB2.0 Camera is then listed.

• Right clicked on the device and selected Uninstall. Message box asking me to confirm Uninstall appears and I select OK.

• Webcam is removed from Device Manager list.

• Removed Webcam from USB port.

• Restarted PC and opened Device Manager. As anticipated no Webcam under Imaging devices even when Hidden Devices is selected.

• Re-attached Webcam to USB port. Device is still not visible under Imaging Devices.

• Opened Camera App and the “We can’t find your camera message” still appears.

• Scanned for hardware changes in Device Manager and the Webcam is still not visible.

• Power still being supplied to Webcam as the lights still operate.
    So now I have a webcam attached to the system that I cannot see in Device Manager or use under any app.

When I ended up in a similar state to this before, by following similar steps (as described in other forums found by searching Google for this issue) I had to restore my PC back to a previous Restore point.
    To get the Webcam to be visible in Device manager again.

Regarding drivers, the manual supplied with the webcam states that the “eSecure Webcam does not require an installation driver CD. Simply plug in the USB wire to your computer and the drivers will automatically
    be installed”. As mentioned in my original post the Webcam worked when it was first attached but something, somewhere chose to make it invisible to the system.

The help on the error message mentions it may be blocked by Antivirus software. I have Windows Defender running and cannot see any setting that may be causing this blocking to happen but I'm not certain that
    I know enough to state that this categorically not the case.

Do you have any other ideas for me to try? Do I revert back to the restore point to at least get the PC to recognise the Device (albeit in a hidden state)?

Any further help would be appreciated.

Borolad57, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Please help windows 10 webcam not working, doesn't appear in device manager

Webcam not working after installing Windows 10

Hi Sorry for the delay in answering,

Web Cam Labtec.

Windows Build (10240)

I followed your suggestions, but to no avail,

went to Device Manager, tried following your link but it doesn´t list my camera

or any camera,

Have you any more suggestions Please.

bronzed and spanish., Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Please help windows 10 webcam not working, doesn't appear in device manager

1. Please help windows 10 webcam not working, doesn't appear in device manager - Similar Threads - Please help webcam

2. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  3. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  4. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Webcam doesn't appear after I've uninstalled it from the device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam doesn't appear after I've uninstalled it from the device manager: Good evening!I've been facing problems with my internal camera that won't turn on because of an error code 0xA00F42440xC00D36D5. I've tried to fix it with the help of youtube but no use and now I can't find the web cam which is driver 10.0.19041.1741. I've tried finding my...
  6. Webcam doesn't appear after I've uninstalled it from the device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam doesn't appear after I've uninstalled it from the device manager: Good evening!I've been facing problems with my internal camera that won't turn on because of an error code 0xA00F42440xC00D36D5. I've tried to fix it with the help of youtube but no use and now I can't find the web cam which is driver 10.0.19041.1741. I've tried finding my...
  7. Webcam Doesn't Show In Device Manager

Webcam Doesn't Show In Device Manager: Hello, I was in a google meet when my webcam completely shut down and stopped working. I have an integrated webcam and have already looked at a fair amount of the similar threads to this to try and solve the issue but nothing has worked so far. I have a Samsung Notebook 5 and...
  8. webcam doesnt work PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    webcam doesnt work PLEASE HELP: So i bought a webcam for my pc a few months ago and mostly it works fine but sometimes it just stops working at all like it gets recognized as a camera i can select it but it just shows nothing it shows black i literally got a test in 2 hours and i need a camera for it...
  9. No webcam in device manager

No webcam in device manager: Imaging devices are not in Device Manager, There is no Webcam listed, Windows 10 isn't showing the webcam, The manufacturer used the Windows default driver so there are no legacy drivers to download. For some reason I can't even select a webcam in the install legacy device...
  10. Webcam doesn't show in device manager. Doesn't work.

Webcam doesn't show in device manager. Doesn't work.: I have an HP model 15-bs289wm. I tried accessing the integrated webcam for work and when I use the Microsoft camera app I get a message that says "We can't find your camera. Check to be sure it is connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by anti-virus...