Windows 10: Please help. Windows AntiMalware Service Executable using too many resources. Can't play...

Discus and support Please help. Windows AntiMalware Service Executable using too many resources. Can't play... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have a fairly high-end PC running Windows 10 Pro but recently this Windows AntiMalware Executable (WAME) process is using so many resources... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/silentvelcr0, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Please help. Windows AntiMalware Service Executable using too many resources. Can't play...

Hello. I have a fairly high-end PC running Windows 10 Pro but recently this Windows AntiMalware Executable (WAME) process is using so many resources that my browsers lag and freeze...same with games. Anytime I launch a game the game + WAME will be using 99-100% of CPU. I don't know what caused Windows Defender to do this. It was never like this except for the past month.

I have tried every fix on google to get rid of it: Editing registry, using the command prompt. Group policy editor. Many websites suggested running another anti-virus will prompt Windows defender to not run, that hasn't worked either. I cannot get it to stop and I am losing my mind. Windows itself is preventing my PC from running smoothly. I don't know if it's against policy but I would gladly paypal or venmo anyone who can actually get rid of this issue for good without needing to re-install windows.

submitted by /u/silentvelcr0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/silentvelcr0, Mar 6, 2021

2. Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Please help. Windows AntiMalware Service Executable using too many resources. Can't play...

Jsssssssss, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Please help. Windows AntiMalware Service Executable using too many resources. Can't play...

1. Please help. Windows AntiMalware Service Executable using too many resources. Can't play... - Similar Threads - Please help AntiMalware

2. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU: I have a Windows 10 computer. I have the same problem as many other users, the Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU. I have already followed the steps...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU: I have a Windows 10 computer. I have the same problem as many other users, the Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU. I have already followed the steps...
  4. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory: In Task Manager, Antimalware Service Executable is using >300MB of memory and absolutely destroying my experience of Windows. I've done a whole bunch of suggested fixes, such as turning off live protection and adding the MsMpEng.exe exclusion, but none of them worked. Also, I...
  6. Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory: In Task Manager, Antimalware Service Executable is using >300MB of memory and absolutely destroying my experience of Windows. I've done a whole bunch of suggested fixes, such as turning off live protection and adding the MsMpEng.exe exclusion, but none of them worked. Also, I...
  7. Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory: hiA few days after the latest update, antimalware service executable / windows defender has been slowing my computer right down to a snails pace and i cannot stop it whatever i try. it is using at least 100MB at all times. it took me 32 actual seconds to open the start menu....
  8. Antimalware Service Executable using too many resources.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable using too many resources.: As the subject states, Antimalware Service Executable constantly uses between 8 and 11gb of my RAM, high amounts of CPU and disk power. It does this every single day, and despite being told and trying in many ways to disable real-time protection, it keeps reactivating itself....
  9. Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging: I have done everything I can to turn off Windows Defender and finally got it turned off and this file process is still robbing over 35% of my resources. I have ran antimalware with 3 different software and no malware found. I do not know what else to do. This is preventing me...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable is killing me.. please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable is killing me.. please help: A few days ago I sat at my computer only to find it burning hot (by far the hottest I’ve ever felt it), as Antimalware Service Executable was sucking nearly all the CPU & Ram. It has been days, I have tried everything I can find and have spent hours trying to fix this issue....