Windows 10: PLEASE HELP!!! Windows Update ruined my Search Index, WSearch service won't start,...

Discus and support PLEASE HELP!!! Windows Update ruined my Search Index, WSearch service won't start,... in Cortana to solve the problem; I've been dealing with this problem for several weeks, after installing a usual windows update it appears it has completely stuffed my Windows Search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by messy1977, Apr 22, 2020.

1. messy1977 Win User

PLEASE HELP!!! Windows Update ruined my Search Index, WSearch service won't start,...

I've been dealing with this problem for several weeks, after installing a usual windows update it appears it has completely stuffed my Windows Search Service, which in turn is obviously effecting my Search Indexing. I have done pretty much everything to try and fix this and nothing works. Even reinstalling windows didn't work. Can someone please help me here? I don't know what else i can do.​

PLEASE HELP!!! Windows Update ruined my Search Index, WSearch service won't start,... 3e29e6a0-2e58-4e57-b3ad-1cc1e9cc6818?upload=true.png

I can't rebuild the index because when i click on it, it just sits there and indexing nothing. In fact, I can't even change the Index location path to an actual thing.

PLEASE HELP!!! Windows Update ruined my Search Index, WSearch service won't start,... c2ea150a-9e87-47cf-b714-08dbc4d983e9?upload=true.png

My Windows Search Service is showing up as ''WSearch'' for some reason and when i try to start the service, it just says this.

I feel like i am stuck, I've tried everything : Any help will be greatly appreciated

:)

messy1977, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Jon Doe Win User

Not indexing (searching) truecrypt volume

I can't get windows 10 to search mounted truecrypt volumes, ie, type part of the file name into the "search windows" box and it doesn't bring up a "best match", I just get "no results found".
    I have added the volumes to indexing locations in the indexing options (eg local disk W) and it appears to be indexing it. They are listed in the "included locations" and after a few minutes indexed items goes up from 3,000 to 10,000 but the search box doesn't find any of the files.
    I have tried restarting the services
    net stop wmpnetworksvc
    net stop WSearch
    net start Wsearch
    net start wmpnetworksvc
    And also "rebuild index" but it still doesn't function.

Any suggestions?

Jon Doe, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

PLEASE HELP!!! Windows Update ruined my Search Index, WSearch service won't start,...

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. PLEASE HELP!!! Windows Update ruined my Search Index, WSearch service won't start,... - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP Update

2. WSearch service not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSearch service not starting: After updating to win11 22h2, I think the WSearch service is not starting, When I try to start the service, It says Error 5 Access Denied, Error 2 for Failing to read the description occurs in the Service description section. When I looked into the properties of the...
  3. WSearch service not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSearch service not starting: After updating to win11 22h2, I think the WSearch service is not starting, When I try to start the service, It says Error 5 Access Denied, Error 2 for Failing to read the description occurs in the Service description section. When I looked into the properties of the...
  4. Windows Search Service Won't Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Service Won't Start: Noticed that Outlook wasn't returning searched items. Then saw that Windows Search Indexing wasn't enabled. Tried to restart the service and got the following error: "Windows could not start windows search service on local. Error 5: Access is denied". I ran Services as an...
  5. Windows Search Service Won't Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Service Won't Start: Noticed that Outlook wasn't returning searched items. Then saw that Windows Search Indexing wasn't enabled. Tried to restart the service and got the following error: "Windows could not start windows search service on local. Error 5: Access is denied". I ran Services as an...
  6. Update ruined my pc. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update ruined my pc. Please help!: I have a Dell G7 i7 9th Gen NVIDIA RTX 2060. There had been a 'restart and update' option appearing for a while. I had some free time and thought what the hell? It was my biggest mistake because ever since I did the update my PC has become a fancy paperweight. It simply...
  7. Please help, windows search service

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help, windows search service: So i wanted to search a file with file explorer but apparently search indexing was turned off, so i went ahead and tried to turn it on, guess what i couldn't, "modify" is greyed out and rebuild in the advanced tab does absolutely nothing. i looked it up and it seemed to have...
  8. Update completely ruined my Search Index, even reinstalling windows doesn't work.

in Cortana
    Update completely ruined my Search Index, even reinstalling windows doesn't work.: Several weeks ago i updated Windows and realized my Search Indexing wasn't working, so i went to rebuild the index and i get this. https://i.imgur.com/uLh7m8S.png I can't rebuild the index and i can't even change the path to an actual path. Windows Service won't start,...
  9. Windows Search Service wont start, Index fails to rebuild

in Cortana
    Windows Search Service wont start, Index fails to rebuild: I go the same problem as here, but nothing in the thread helped: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-service-wont-start-index-fails-to/e651a51d-0264-432c-a8e8-830f630242c3?page=2 I tried every single suggestion that I could find out there,...
  10. Windows Search service won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Search service won't start: The Windows Search service on my Windows 10 PC won't start. When I try to start it in the Services app, I receive the following error message: [ATTACH] In the Properties dialogue box for the service, it says it's looking for what I assume is the file referred to in that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://www.wssearch.com

2. indexing on my computer ruined my searches