Windows 10: PLEASE HELP WITH GPT DISK PARTITION ERROR

Discus and support PLEASE HELP WITH GPT DISK PARTITION ERROR in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Now I'm at the point of getting frustrated. I did a clean install on my laptop Asus S56CM, at the moment hard drive is wiped clean no OS. I boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IbkAdam, Oct 6, 2018.

1. IbkAdam Win User

PLEASE HELP WITH GPT DISK PARTITION ERROR

Now I'm at the point of getting frustrated. I did a clean install on my laptop Asus S56CM, at the moment hard drive is wiped clean no OS.

I boot from USB disk to install windows and I got to the disk type is of Gpt style for two days now I don't know what to do.

My bios doesn't seems to have an option to disable or Enable UEFI and I can't find UEFI setting under Advance Option. Please expert should please walk me through how to install Windows 10 on my drive because this is where I have been stuck for the past two days

Image uploaded here https://imgur.com/a/aNNTqhi

Please Help

:)

IbkAdam, Oct 6, 2018

2. clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

Hi,

1. You cannot convert mbr to gpt without data loss. otherwise, you can follow directions here:

FROM WINDOWS RECOVERY CONSOLE:

To change a master boot record disk into a GUID partition table disk using a command line

• Back up or move the data on the basic master boot record (MBR) disk you want to convert into a GUID partition table (GPT) disk.

• Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator) and type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 6.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

2. I'd suggest converting your vista drive to a virtual machine, load that up on your windows 10 system and use a program like virtualbox to run it.

CoatH4nger, Oct 6, 2018
  3. OS on MBR, other disks GPT

Hi,

Problem

I don't see the Data Disks in the Windows Explorer

History: What I had before the problem occurred (worked fine)

• Disk 0: 450GB / NTFS / 4 Partitions / used as Windows Home Server OS Disk
    • Disk 1: 4TB / GPT / Used as Data Disk
    • Disk 2: 4TB / GPT / Used as Data Disk
    • Disk 3: 4TB / GPT / Used as Data Disk

What I actually have

• Disk 0: 450GB / NTFS / 2 Partitions / used as Windows 10 Pro OS Disk
    • Disk 1: 4TB / GPT / Used as Data Disk
    • Disk 2: 4TB / GPT / Used as Data Disk
    • Disk 3: 4TB / GPT / Used as Data Disk
    What I see in the Windows Disk Management

• Disk 0: Basic, Online

System Reserved, 500MB NTFS, Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partition)

(CPLEASE HELP WITH GPT DISK PARTITION ERROR :), 465 GB NTFS, Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)
    • Disk 1: Basic, Online

2048 GB, Healthy (GPT Protective Partition)

1678 GB, Unallocated
    • Disk 2: Basic, Online

1678 GB, Unallocated
    • Disk 3: Basic, Online

1678 GB, Unallocated
    • Disk 4: Basic, Online

1678 GB, Unallocated
    What I see in the Windows Explorer

• Local Disk (CPLEASE HELP WITH GPT DISK PARTITION ERROR :)
    What am I doing wrong?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

MarcWampfler, Oct 6, 2018
  4. PLEASE HELP WITH GPT DISK PARTITION ERROR

Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

PLEASE HELP WITH GPT DISK PARTITION ERROR

1. PLEASE HELP WITH GPT DISK PARTITION ERROR - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP GPT

2. convert disks to gpt help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert disks to gpt help: For context I have a 2tb hard drive and a 500mb ssd and im trying to upgrade to windows 11. So I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11 and I had to activate tpm Which I did with no issues and enable secure boot. After a little research I found I had to convert my drives to gpt,...
  3. convert disks to gpt help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    convert disks to gpt help: For context I have a 2tb hard drive and a 500mb ssd and im trying to upgrade to windows 11. So I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11 and I had to activate tpm Which I did with no issues and enable secure boot. After a little research I found I had to convert my drives to gpt,...
  4. convert disks to gpt help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. GPT needed but disk has OEM partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPT needed but disk has OEM partition: Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home from 32-bit to 64-bit. After booting from the USB flash drive which, following instructions on the MIcrosoft site had the installation media put on it by the Media Creation tool it asks where do you want to install Windows. This shows...
  6. Please help i erase all disk partitions!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help i erase all disk partitions!!!: Please help i was trying to install w10 on a laptop but the HDd didnt let me. So i decided to use Diskpart to erase the gpt format on the especific partition but instead i erase all the partitions on the disk!!!. Is there any way to Fix it.??? I need to recover all the data...
  7. mbr gpt partition help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mbr gpt partition help: hello guys I need help, in windows 10 I converted the ssd disk with mbr partition to gpt using the mbr2gpt / convert command from cmd. Everything works perfect and windows works in uefi mode. but it turns out that I want to install on another partition of another hard drive...
  8. GPT Reserved Partition showing as Local Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPT Reserved Partition showing as Local Disk: Hi I have a two laptops with Windows 10 x64. Recently I noticed new partition with next available letter. Size is 128mb and it can't be accessed. I checked in Disk Management but this partition is not listed there as per the below screen: [img] I used MiniTool...
  9. Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk): Last night I wiped out my ASUS T100 tablet to clean install TH2. But there is a 7GB Recovery partition from Windows 8.1 that I can't get rid off using Diskpart. Can someone please assist me? [img] 29808
  10. DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk: How to: DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk [img] Information Some time ago in another thread I promised a fellow Ten Forums member, esteemed geek and a good friend of mine Tony K to make him a custom DISKPART script when needed: My system at present is...