Windows 10: Please help with installing Store app via Powershell

Discus and support Please help with installing Store app via Powershell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been trying to download and install Gears of War 4 via the store but it always fails and or never completes downloading the game for me. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shadow85, Sep 28, 2018.

1. shadow85 Win User

Please help with installing Store app via Powershell

I have been trying to download and install Gears of War 4 via the store but it always fails and or never completes downloading the game for me.

So I went ahead and used fiddler to download the full game file directly and install it using Powershell method. The file downloaded to my "D:" but I want to install the game on my "C:" drive, but when I add package with powershell the game always seems to get installed to my "D:\WindowsApps" directory. I have changed the default save locations in system settings to "C:", but still the game always only installs to my "D:" drive.

So I then tried to copy and paste the fully installed folder from the "D:" to the "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps" directory but then I get some error message "your organisation does not allow you to place files here"

Can anyone body help me here, is there one way or another I can have the damm game installed to my "C:" drive. Thanks

:)

shadow85, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Store - cannot open, delete or update some apps

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the current status and sorry for the delay response.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install the photo/mail and calendar app and check. Follow the below steps to un-install the app.

To uninstall mail and calendar app follow the below the steps.

• Type Windows in the search box and right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Type get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage
      on the PowerShell and hit Enter.
    To uninstall the camera app follow the below the steps..

• Type Windows in the search box and right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Type get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage on the PowerShell and hit Enter.
    Once you un-install the app, you can install it again from Windows store.

Hope this helps. Keep posting with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 28, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Please help with installing Store app via Powershell - Similar Threads - Please help installing

2. Please help with installing Store app via Powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help with installing Store app via Powershell: I have been trying to download and install Gears of War 4 via the store but it always fails and or never completes downloading the game for me. So I went ahead and used fiddler to download the full game file directly and install it using Powershell method. The file...
  3. Install Debian LXSS via PowerShell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Debian LXSS via PowerShell: Hello, I googled and found instructions on how to install Ubuntu LXSS via PowerShell with Code: Get-AppxPackage https://aka.ms/Ubuntu...[/quote] (I dont rememer exact wording here). Now I want to do the same with Debian? Which command to be used to LIST SEARCH Debian LXSS...
  4. Two Apps updated via Store

Two Apps updated via Store: Windows Maps Shazam Both Updated via the Store 38047
  5. Install apps via Powershell cmd line OR via Chocholatey GUI App (easy)

Install apps via Powershell cmd line OR via Chocholatey GUI App (easy): Despite the abundance of endless text here, it's just my way of being very clear and yes sometimes redundant. The actual 'labor' lol required to install this takes a whopping 1 minute if that. I just provided a tad more info than might be required here instead of just...
  6. Help please. Windows Store App icons, all missing :/

Help please. Windows Store App icons, all missing :/: Hey guys, so I have a strange problem which has happened before after a Windows update. No more restore points so that's not an option. Basically all of the icons for Windows App store apps are missing, including Edge and the Store icons themselves. I have tried clearing...
  7. Windows Store Error - Can't Install Apps - HELP!

Windows Store Error - Can't Install Apps - HELP!: Every time i try to install an app or game from the windows store, the program doesnt download. Instead I I get error 0x800706d9. It was working before. But I think I may have disabled some services which might have affected the store. I dont rememeber which services. But how...
  8. Help please, No sound via HDMI to ASUS Monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help please, No sound via HDMI to ASUS Monitor?: My problem is that when I connect my Motherboard to my ASUS VS247HR 23.6 Monitor via HDMI, I get display/video output fine but no sound through its speakers. Device Manager Screenshot: [img] Hardware and Sound: [img] System Specs: Windows 10 Pro...
  9. App Store Not Downloading Or Installing Apps

App Store Not Downloading Or Installing Apps: First off, thank you microsoft for turning solitaire into a competition game, ... And because hearts is no longer part of what is installed in windows, I figured I'd hit up the Store app and fetch me one. Open the store. Search for "Hearts" Click on "Games" in the...
  10. Please Help To Undo PowerShell Operation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Please Help To Undo PowerShell Operation.: Hello, So I have 51GB .eappx file that needed to be decrypt-ed. I launched powershell and put in the command line Add-appxpackage "File location here".eappx I had to run powershell as admin to properly execute the operation but I did not. It said Deployment...