Windows 10: Please help with installing Store app via Powershell

Discus and support Please help with installing Store app via Powershell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been trying to download and install Gears of War 4 via the store but it always fails and or never completes downloading the game for me. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shadow85, Sep 28, 2018.

1. shadow85 Win User

Please help with installing Store app via Powershell

I have been trying to download and install Gears of War 4 via the store but it always fails and or never completes downloading the game for me.

So I went ahead and used fiddler to download the full game file directly and install it using Powershell method. The file downloaded to my "D:" but I want to install the game on my "C:" drive, but when I add package with powershell the game always seems to get installed to my "D:\WindowsApps" directory. I have changed the default save locations in system settings to "C:", but still the game always only installs to my "D:" drive.

So I then tried to copy and paste the fully installed folder from the "D:" to the "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps" directory but then I get some error message "your organisation does not allow you to place files here"

Can anyone body help me here, is there one way or another I can have the damm game installed to my "C:" drive. Thanks

:)

shadow85, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Store - cannot open, delete or update some apps

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the current status and sorry for the delay response.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install the photo/mail and calendar app and check. Follow the below steps to un-install the app.

To uninstall mail and calendar app follow the below the steps.

• Type Windows in the search box and right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Type get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage
      on the PowerShell and hit Enter.
    To uninstall the camera app follow the below the steps..

• Type Windows in the search box and right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Type get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage on the PowerShell and hit Enter.
    Once you un-install the app, you can install it again from Windows store.

Hope this helps. Keep posting with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 28, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Please help with installing Store app via Powershell - Similar Threads - Please help installing

2. Microsoft Store won't install via PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't install via PowerShell: I had to uninstall the store because it wasn't launching properly. To reinstall it, I've launched PowerShell as administrator and have pasted the following commands:Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  3. Microsoft Store won't install via PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store won't install via PowerShell: I had to uninstall the store because it wasn't launching properly. To reinstall it, I've launched PowerShell as administrator and have pasted the following commands:Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  4. how to install "simple weather app" via the powershell

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to install "simple weather app" via the powershell: Hello,Would someone kindly tell me how to install for all users the simple weather app here using the powershell. Thanks,abpc555 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-simple-weather-app-via-the/eeb9e42b-92ba-477d-b5e7-2ea91897a953
  5. how to install "simple weather app" via the powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install "simple weather app" via the powershell: Hello,Would someone kindly tell me how to install for all users the simple weather app here using the powershell. Thanks,abpc555 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-simple-weather-app-via-the/eeb9e42b-92ba-477d-b5e7-2ea91897a953
  6. how to install "simple weather app" via the powershell

7. Microsoft Store Install via PowerShell fails

Microsoft Store Install via PowerShell fails: I need to reinstall the MS Store. using the PowerShell command I get: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF0, Package could not be opened. error 0x80070003: Opening file from location: AppxBundleManifest.xml failed with error: The system cannot find...
  8. Microsoft Store Not Re-installing via Powershell.

Microsoft Store Not Re-installing via Powershell.: After attempting to install Sea of Thieves via the Microsoft Store, and failing due to some error. I have tried to reinstall the Microsoft Store, as a previous thread said I had to enter the the command: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program...
  9. Please help with installing Store app via Powershell

Please help with installing Store app via Powershell: I have been trying to download and install Gears of War 4 via the store but it always fails and or never completes downloading the game for me. So I went ahead and used fiddler to download the full game file directly and install it using Powershell method. The file...
  10. Install apps via Powershell cmd line OR via Chocholatey GUI App (easy)

Install apps via Powershell cmd line OR via Chocholatey GUI App (easy): Despite the abundance of endless text here, it's just my way of being very clear and yes sometimes redundant. The actual 'labor' lol required to install this takes a whopping 1 minute if that. I just provided a tad more info than might be required here instead of just...