Windows 10: Please help with slow boot time on SSD, Winlogin Init Phase, Win 10

Discus and support Please help with slow boot time on SSD, Winlogin Init Phase, Win 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I would kindly appreciate some help on figuring out why I have long boot times (just over a minute) on my SSD. I have tried to use Windows Performance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by batmanrobin, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Please help with slow boot time on SSD, Winlogin Init Phase, Win 10

I would kindly appreciate some help on figuring out why I have long boot times (just over a minute) on my SSD. I have tried to use Windows Performance Analyzers and Sysinternals ProcessMonitor to diagnose the problem but have been unsuccessful. The majority of the boot time is in the Winlogin Init phase. I have attached some selected images of what looked like problems to me in the tracing. ProcessMonitor seems to indicate that most of the time spent booting is prior to any processes being loaded. I would be happy to upload by tracing and would be grateful if someone would be willing to analyze it. I also have a Windows boot log.

I have tried sfc /scannow (which did correct some errors), disabling fast boot, uninstalling my video card drivers, windows startup repair and booting into safe mode without any changes. Thank you Please help with slow boot time on SSD, Winlogin Init Phase, Win 10 :)

:)

batmanrobin, Oct 4, 2018

2. Boot time very slow with SSD

Done. What should I look for?
    UI Delays? Boot phases?
    Weirdly, it shows the session init phase taking just 7 seconds, while it actually takes 85-86.
    Edit: Here's a screenshot of its results:

Please help with slow boot time on SSD, Winlogin Init Phase, Win 10 [​IMG]

At the bottom, it says the duration is 146 seconds, but all the phases together are less than 40 seconds!

mohamed3on, Oct 4, 2018
  3. zinou Win User
    VERY slow boot, only when restarting [SSD EVO 250gb]

In your first post you said that it takes 2 min to your your system to boot !From the boot trace I see that your desktop is shown after 17s !

Apart the pre-session init & Session Init phases that took 5s each (Above the normal for an SSD Disk), the other phases's duration is correct. In the Pre-session init phase there is a delay of 3s, originated by the IDE Channel. Have any PCI IDE card on your Mother boeard ? or an IDE device ?

zinou, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Please help with slow boot time on SSD, Winlogin Init Phase, Win 10

Help! Insanely Slow Boot Time!

Hi all,

So I have been having problems with my pc booting from day 1 when I bought it from CyberPowerPC. I have all my drivers installed and Windows 7 running on a 128GB SSD and a 2TB drive for storage. It can take up to 5-10 minutes for my pc to boot, it will get stuck at certain points during booting and I will have to hard boot my pc and switch off the psu and start again. Sometimes it will take just a minute for it to boot, though from my understanding it should be under 10 seconds from an SSD. I am thinking it is a problem with my mobo, please help!

(My full specs are listed under my name on the left hand side)

The_Edster, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Please help with slow boot time on SSD, Winlogin Init Phase, Win 10

1. Please help with slow boot time on SSD, Winlogin Init Phase, Win 10 - Similar Threads - Please help slow

2. SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!: Hi,I installed Windows 11 on my pc a few months later, and the boot time was really good, it almost booted up in 20/10 secs.But now it almost takes 10 mins to boot. The performance is the same, it is not affected, But the Boot time is affected.Any fix?#Microsoft...
  3. SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!: Hi,I installed Windows 11 on my pc a few months later, and the boot time was really good, it almost booted up in 20/10 secs.But now it almost takes 10 mins to boot. The performance is the same, it is not affected, But the Boot time is affected.Any fix?#Microsoft...
  4. Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD: Hello, I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one. [img] Any ideas? 168564
  5. WinLogin Init took lot of time (Boot - 2minutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WinLogin Init took lot of time (Boot - 2minutes): Hello, I recently bought a new laptop (Lenovo Ideapad S145 - 15ILU) with pre-installed Windows 10. Laptop Configuration: [img] Microsoft Windows Version 2004 (OS BUILD 19041) It is literally taking 2-2.5 minutes before I am presented with the windows login screen. I...
  6. Please can you help me with Slow Boot Time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please can you help me with Slow Boot Time?: Hello all, I've been having some very slow boot up time, several minutes on spinning circles before login screen. I know that Windows 10 is the culprit cos this seemed to get worse with every update. I remember one time after a Windows feature update, the problem went away...
  7. Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high.

Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high.: Hi, I am experiencing slow boot on windows 10. The boot time was close to 200 seconds initially when i started diagnosing it. Now, after reading few posts here, i have manged to reduce it to 82 seconds. Thanks Zinou! I followed this post and executed the xbootmgr -trace...
  8. slow boot time on ssd

slow boot time on ssd: Hi all, I know there are a wide range of posts about this issue but I couldn't find any direct solution.. I have a laptop with i7 8750h, 16gb ram and 512gb intel 7600p ssd. Boot time takes about 50 seconds, some times 40. Here is the link of Windows Performance Recorder test...
  9. Boot time very slow with SSD

Boot time very slow with SSD: I have Windows 10 with the latest updates, my hardware is: i5-6600k running at 4.4GHZ and 1.3v Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 8GB RAM Z170-HD3 RX 480 4GB I'm on windows 10 1703 My boot time has recently been extremely slow (almost 2 minutes) Interestingly Windows boot...
  10. Quite slow please help..booting takes time too.

Quite slow please help..booting takes time too.: I have a i5 laptop but the laptop is too slow it even takes a long time to boot...please help as soon as possible.*Smile 64096

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pre-seeion init long boot phase