Windows 10: Please help with upgrading a laptop from HDD to SSD

Discus and support Please help with upgrading a laptop from HDD to SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, As per title please help if possible. I’ve not used windows aside from at work for over ten years. My partner’s grandfather has kindly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cruiseon, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Please help with upgrading a laptop from HDD to SSD

Hello all,

As per title please help if possible. I’ve not used windows aside from at work for over ten years. My partner’s grandfather has kindly gifted her a basic HP laptop. I have bought an 8Gb stick of ram which I have installed as it only had 4Gb before and from what we have researched that should help. It has a 1tb HDD which is only 5400rpm. I have bought a 120GB SSD and a USB-SATA cable if that sounds right?

Please help with how I can move everything from the HDD to the SSD - I have watched numerous YouTube videos and followed guides on google and whenever I install the SSD it says that there is no boot drive found before the BIOS.

Could anyone tell me how to install windows onto the SSD so I can replace the HDD with a SSD so it boots from that and runs from that which should make it much quicker for my partner.

Thank you very much in advance Please help with upgrading a laptop from HDD to SSD :)

submitted by /u/cruiseon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cruiseon, Aug 6, 2020

2. Copying Windows 10 to new SSD from existing HDD while upgrading to SSD from HDD.

Hi,

I'm thinking about updating my 2 years old laptop from HDD to SSD. Since my HDD is still in working condition, I plan to use it as an external HDD. I have a pre-installed Windows 10 Home on my laptop.
    Is it possible for me to transfer it to the new SSD while upgrading? If then please tell me the steps to follow.

Thanks and Regards,

Arjun.

Arjun Dinesh, Aug 6, 2020
  3. jr1107 Win User
    Upgrading from HDD to SSD on Windows 10

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my current HDD (on my laptop) to a Samsung Evo SSD and I have some queries regarding the process. I am aware of the whole media creating process but I'd just wanna know if there would be any activation issues. I believe these are
    the steps involved.

1. Download the media creation tool. (Please confirm which one)

2. Replace HDD by SSD.

3. Boot from USB Drive and install on SSD. (It should not ask for a license)

4. Install all drivers.

Is this it? Did I miss any step?

Thank you

jr1107, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Please help with upgrading a laptop from HDD to SSD

Changing from HDD to SSD on a laptop

Hi, so I changed the HDD in my laptop that is running windows 10 (free upgrade from 8) to an SSD and I want to transfer my license to the SSD. Is that possible and can I get the product key for my laptop?

SenseiKazuma, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Please help with upgrading a laptop from HDD to SSD

1. Please help with upgrading a laptop from HDD to SSD - Similar Threads - Please help upgrading

2. Upgrade Laptop HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Laptop HDD to SSD: I want to replace the slow HDD in my Dell refurb Latitude laptop with an SSD. Win 10 Pro product key is on sticker on bottom of computer. Do I just clone the HDD to SSD or do something else?...
  3. Upgradation of HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgradation of HDD to SSD: I want to upgrade my laptop's hardware configuration. I want to change my HDD to SSD. But If i want a fresh installation of Windows 10 to my new SSD then how I will put my Product key there as it is OEM provided....
  4. Laptop with SSD,HDD and W8.1: remove HDD before upgrading ?

Laptop with SSD,HDD and W8.1: remove HDD before upgrading ?: hi, Im runnig a laptop (MSI GT72-2QD, i7, GTX 970M) with an internal SSD (256 GB) and an internal HDD (1TB) . Win 8.1 came preinstalled with this machine. Id like to upgrade the machine to W10 *only* but I do not want to clean instal W10 (not yet). My question: Should i...
  5. Clean install but upgrade from hdd to ssd.

Clean install but upgrade from hdd to ssd.: current setup: hdd running 1903 primary boot target: 1909 upgrade/clean install on ssd then primary boot 1903 still bootable on hdd secondary/backup boot in case of failures of any kind. how would i manage that without an optical which is being replaced by a tray caddy...
  6. upgrade hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Customization
    upgrade hdd to ssd: Good Morning/Evening, I would like to upgrade the hdd of my laptop to ssd. I need all my files and os unchange. May you folks advise me the procedure? thanks beforehand for your help. regards mark...
  7. upgrade from HDD to SSd

upgrade from HDD to SSd: HI, I have a Lenovo desktop with an AMD E1 processor and a conventional 500gb hard drive. I'm thinking about upgrading this hard drive to an SSD in order to improve performance. How much more responsive would the computer be?? Is it worth it to make this switch?? Thanks...
  8. Upgrade to SSD from HDD

Upgrade to SSD from HDD: I have old Sony Vaio AIO desktop that I want to replace the HDD with 256GB SSD. Current OS is latest version of Windows 10. Computer has Legacy bios and uses Std Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller. I plan to do a clean install of windows 10 . I understand that I need to change...
  9. Upgrade Samsung Laptop HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Samsung Laptop HDD to SSD: Evening All, I would like to upgrade this ole Samsung Laptop, with a Samsung 850 EVO SSD, but I'm not sure because of the iSSD P4 8GB (used for Express Cache). I know I won't need it anymore, but is there going to be conflicts/issues ? Specs: Operating System Windows...
  10. Laptop not resuming from sleep after HDD-to-SSD upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not resuming from sleep after HDD-to-SSD upgrade: I have a new problem with my laptop which I had never had in the 3 years previously, whether it ran Windows 8, 8.1 and then 10. Usually, when I go to bed at night I close my laptop screen and it goes into sleep. I then wake it up the next day without any issues. But...