Windows 10: Please...how can I make the gray bar at the bottom smaller so I can actually see everything...

Discus and support Please...how can I make the gray bar at the bottom smaller so I can actually see everything... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OmegaMalkior [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OmegaMalkior, May 14, 2020.

1. Please...how can I make the gray bar at the bottom smaller so I can actually see everything...

/u/OmegaMalkior, May 14, 2020

2. Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, May 14, 2020
  3. Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

Hi Aries,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start?
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the following scans to repair missing or corrupted system files:

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, May 14, 2020
  4. Please...how can I make the gray bar at the bottom smaller so I can actually see everything...

"Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Please...how can I make the gray bar at the bottom smaller so I can actually see everything...

1. Please...how can I make the gray bar at the bottom smaller so I can actually see everything... - Similar Threads - Please gray bar

2. I see everything I type in the bottom of the display! How can I disable this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I see everything I type in the bottom of the display! How can I disable this?: Just doing everyday work then took a break, shut down my laptop. Then after turning the laptop on, everything I type is being show per keystroke on the bottom of the screen....
  3. I see everything I type in the bottom of the display! How can I disable this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I see everything I type in the bottom of the display! How can I disable this?: Just doing everyday work then took a break, shut down my laptop. Then after turning the laptop on, everything I type is being show per keystroke on the bottom of the screen....
  4. I see everything I type in the bottom of the display!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I see everything I type in the bottom of the display!: I use windows 11. When I type in my keyboard, I see everything I type in the bottom of the display!. You can see the attachement.Can you help me to get rid of it?!. I'm turnoff all option typing....
  5. How do i make it so I can see all windows for an application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i make it so I can see all windows for an application: In mac when I click an app in the dock or alt-tab to an app it shows me all the windows for that app. In windows it then makes me pick which window I want. How do I make windows behave like mac, it used to do it and it's very frustrating and makes me a lot less efficient the...
  6. How do i make it so I can see all windows for an application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i make it so I can see all windows for an application: In mac when I click an app in the dock or alt-tab to an app it shows me all the windows for that app. In windows it then makes me pick which window I want. How do I make windows behave like mac, it used to do it and it's very frustrating and makes me a lot less efficient the...
  7. How do i make it so I can see all windows for an application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I see everything I type in the bottom of the display!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I see everything I type in the bottom of the display!: When I type in my keyboard, I see everything I type in the bottom of the display, keystroke by keystroke! Doesn't matter what application, what web browser. I've disabled, "Show text suggestions as I type," and my language is set to English.I am not aware of any changes prior...
  9. recycle bin icon is to big how can I make it smaller

in Windows 10 Customization
    recycle bin icon is to big how can I make it smaller: how to change the size of the recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-icon-is-to-big-how-can-i-make-it-smaller/f8d047d0-7586-4894-b905-343259fe1272
  10. How can i increase the size of the taskbar so i can see it?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i increase the size of the taskbar so i can see it?: I have windows 10 update ver. 1908. In taskbar settings, there is only one size option; small and smaller. I need a Large! Here is a shot of my taskbar with the taskbar icon size setting set to the off position [img] Here the switch is on: [img] Small or smaller is not...