Windows 10: please how do i solve camera failure problems on windows11

Discus and support please how do i solve camera failure problems on windows11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my camera does not work in my acer aspire laptop after i updated my laptop from window10 to windows 11, i have tried installing new divers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ojong ashu, Jan 31, 2023.

1. please how do i solve camera failure problems on windows11

my camera does not work in my acer aspire laptop after i updated my laptop from window10 to windows 11, i have tried installing new divers, troubleshoot and even trying to reset it but it does not work. it does not even appear in the device manager i really dont know what to any more i really need help here . please someone save me from this mess.

:)

ojong ashu, Jan 31, 2023

2. Sound and camera

Hi Riel,

Troubleshooter did not fix the problem. Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Jose

Thank you for your reply.

Since the previous troubleshooting steps didn't resolve the issue, we suggest performing a
    System Restore to get your computer back to its previous state.

Note: System Restore will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed but won't affect your personal files.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Hi. Unfortunatelly System Restore only had one restore date and it did not solve the problem. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Jose

Jose L. Gil, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Windows Camera

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use the integrated webcam. There could be a possibility that the
    device driver not installed or out of date or the installed driver failed.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the model number of the Lenovo Desktop?
    • Is Lenovo Vantage utility app installed on the PC?

• Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try few steps.

Step 1: Check Camera Settings.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Privacy and select Camera from the left pane.
    3. Click on Change check if it is toggled to On.
    4. Also toggle the switch to On under Allow apps to access your camera
    Step 2:Update Webcam driver.

We would suggest you to update the Webcam driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

If the behavior persists, I suggest you follow the steps in the article below and see if it solves the problem:
    Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

You may also refer these articles for additional information:

Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy

How to use the Camera app

If it persists, I recommend that you contact the Lenovo Technical Support to carry out tests related to the camera.

Let us know the results.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 1, 2023
  4. please how do i solve camera failure problems on windows11

Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

please how do i solve camera failure problems on windows11

1. please how do i solve camera failure problems on windows11 - Similar Threads - please solve camera

2. How do i solve a windows update problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i solve a windows update problem?: Hi there, i have been having a windows update problem Download error: 0x80248007 for KB5034763 & KB5034441.This problem wont go away even after trying a lot of techniques.I have tried trouble shooting windows updateI have tried the deployment image servicing and management to...
  3. How do I solve this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I solve this problem?: Hello there, I'm having a problem where whenever I boot up my pc I encounter something that is trying to open a file. I tried to open the file using microsoft word and Notes softwares and this is what it gives me:[28A8:0228][2023-12-03T10:42:03]i001: Burn v3.10.4.4718,...
  4. How do I solve this problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I solve this problem?: Hello there, I'm having a problem where whenever I boot up my pc I encounter something that is trying to open a file. I tried to open the file using microsoft word and Notes softwares and this is what it gives me:[28A8:0228][2023-12-03T10:42:03]i001: Burn v3.10.4.4718,...
  5. How do I solve this problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. how do i solve this problem of pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i solve this problem of pop up: [25C8:5364][2023-08-22T12:36:07]i001: Burn v3.10.4.4718, Windows v10.0 Build 22621: Service Pack 0, path: C:\Windows\Temp\{94E0795C-FB59-4BBC-812B-4F553683B724}\.cr\VC_redist.x64.exe [25C8:5364][2023-08-22T12:36:07]i009: Command Line:...
  7. please how do i solve camera failure problems on windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please how do i solve camera failure problems on windows11: my camera does not work in my acer aspire laptop after i updated my laptop from window10 to windows 11, i have tried installing new divers, troubleshoot and even trying to reset it but it does not work. it does not even appear in the device manager i really dont know what to...
  8. Please Solve My Problem!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Please Solve My Problem!!: My laptop is fully charged but when I open zoom for around 10 -15 mins laptop completely turns off, now I had to work in zoom with my charger plugged in. Can anyone solve this problem!?...
  9. How do I solve this? Help please

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I solve this? Help please: Hi, I've received this message and I don't know to solve it, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-this-help-please/28965ded-1b88-4fb6-8dc0-da8aa49b2862
  10. How to solve this problem? please help me

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to solve this problem? please help me: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.ArgumentException: Invalid JSON primitive: . at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvokeControl caller,...