Windows 10: Please improve Taskbar in Windows 11

Discus and support Please improve Taskbar in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't know if this is a right place to ask for features, but I don't like the Windows 11 taskbar. Here's why:The height of taskbar is very high, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdarshWase, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Please improve Taskbar in Windows 11

I don't know if this is a right place to ask for features, but I don't like the Windows 11 taskbar. Here's why:The height of taskbar is very high, it is hiding my icon's name. There should be a feature where we can shorten the height of taskbar a little. See the screenshot below:- I like to arrange my icons in horizontal fashion in lower left corner. You can see in the screenshot that the taskbar is hiding the name "Google Chrome", and it's just showing "Google". In Windows 10, it was good.Please improve it. By the way, Windows 11 is beautiful!

:)

AdarshWase, Oct 10, 2021

2. internet explorer 11 taskbar not grouping and invisible IE HELP!

Hi john,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to reset Explorer.exe and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below.

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer and verify the result.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting Internet Explorer Settings will reset all user-defined settings including those set by installed extensions, toolbars and other add-ons to IE Defaults. This includes all Security,
    Privacy and Zone settings. Also this will clear browsing history, delete all temporary Internet Files, cookies, form data and especially all stored passwords.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 10, 2021
  3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2021
  4. Please improve Taskbar in Windows 11

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

Please improve Taskbar in Windows 11

1. Please improve Taskbar in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Please improve Taskbar

2. Essential Windows 11 Improvement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Essential Windows 11 Improvement: Having just upgraded to Windows 11 there is one catastrophic failure in my opinion - the start menu. Unless you know the name of the program you want to start it is difficult to find what you are looking for and impossible to browse what options you might have to achieve a...
  3. Essential Windows 11 Improvement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Essential Windows 11 Improvement: Having just upgraded to Windows 11 there is one catastrophic failure in my opinion - the start menu. Unless you know the name of the program you want to start it is difficult to find what you are looking for and impossible to browse what options you might have to achieve a...
  4. Will Windows 11 compatability be improved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 11 compatability be improved?: I have an HP laptop with a Pentium Processor quad-core 1.6mhz, but for some reason it's not compatible with Windows 11. Is this just temporary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-11-compatability-be-improved/6b1a4532-f940-435f-8a58-760a4553e619
  5. Will Windows 11 compatability be improved?

Will Windows 11 compatability be improved?: I have an HP laptop with a Pentium Processor quad-core 1.6mhz, but for some reason it's not compatible with Windows 11. Is this just temporary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-11-compatability-be-improved/6b1a4532-f940-435f-8a58-760a4553e619
  6. Please improve windows 11 clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please improve windows 11 clock: Microsoft Windows 11 taskbar doesn’t come with a full-fledged right-click context menu and it is no longer possible to drag a file or app to the taskbar. At that time, we also discovered that the modern taskbar does not allow users to ungroup items/apps.In addition to these...
  7. Please improve Windows 11 clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please improve Windows 11 clock: Microsoft Windows 11 taskbar doesn’t come with a full-fledged right-click context menu and it is no longer possible to drag a file or app to the taskbar. At that time, we also discovered that the modern taskbar does not allow users to ungroup items/apps.In addition to these...
  8. Please improve windows 11 clock

Please improve windows 11 clock: Microsoft Windows 11 taskbar doesn’t come with a full-fledged right-click context menu and it is no longer possible to drag a file or app to the taskbar. At that time, we also discovered that the modern taskbar does not allow users to ungroup items/apps.In addition to these...
  9. Please improve Windows 11 clock

Please improve Windows 11 clock: Microsoft Windows 11 taskbar doesn’t come with a full-fledged right-click context menu and it is no longer possible to drag a file or app to the taskbar. At that time, we also discovered that the modern taskbar does not allow users to ungroup items/apps.In addition to these...
  10. Please improve Taskbar in Windows 11

Please improve Taskbar in Windows 11: I don't know if this is a right place to ask for features, but I don't like the Windows 11 taskbar. Here's why:The height of taskbar is very high, it is hiding my icon's name. There should be a feature where we can shorten the height of taskbar a little. See the screenshot...