Windows 10: "please insert a disk into SCHC" fix???

Discus and support "please insert a disk into SCHC" fix??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to make disk images for my raspberry pi but then when i go into the sd card, it says "please insert a disk into SCHC." I tried every fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VictorSosa_392, Nov 17, 2018.

1. "please insert a disk into SCHC" fix???

I'm trying to make disk images for my raspberry pi but then when i go into the sd card, it says "please insert a disk into SCHC."

I tried every fix known, but all of them are useless.

Please reply, or i'll strongly think about installing Linux.

:)

VictorSosa_392, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

I get the insert a disk message repeatedly in Windows 10

Hi,

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to insert the disk into the drive and go to disk Management, then there change the drive letter to the DVD/CD drive.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Disk Management.

• Click on Change the driver latter and path.
    If the issue persist, go to device Manager, then right click on the DVD/CD driver and click uninstall the driver and restart pc, then PC will install the driver automatically which will remove this error.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • click on DVD/CD Rom driver.
    • Right click on the DVD/CD rom driver and select driver tab.
    • Click on uninstall.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue "please insert a disk into SCHC" fix??? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

"please insert a disk into SCHC" fix???

Error insert removable disk g

Hi Brandon,

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide the best solution possible, we need additional information:

• Did you insert a removable drive storage, like a USB Flashdrive, on your device?
    • Have you tried using other ports to insert the removable storage?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Anne Ros, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

"please insert a disk into SCHC" fix???

1. "please insert a disk into SCHC" fix??? - Similar Threads - please insert disk

2. Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:: Hi although I know it states OneDrive does not support an external hard disk. I run out of space of my windows11 laptop internal hard drive and brought an external Hard Drive a couple of years ago. This has been synchronising perfectly well with my laptop ever since until...
  3. Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:: Hi although I know it states OneDrive does not support an external hard disk. I run out of space of my windows11 laptop internal hard drive and brought an external Hard Drive a couple of years ago. This has been synchronising perfectly well with my laptop ever since until...
  4. "Please insert a disk drive in Disk Drive D:"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Please insert a disk drive in Disk Drive D:": Hello!A friend of mine was moving some files into a USB flash drive and, after the operation was completed he used the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media to check if it was safe to remove the drive. After he confirmed that it was safe to do so he removed the drive just to...
  5. Please insert a disk in to USB Drive

Please insert a disk in to USB Drive: Up until midday the stick was working perfectly. I did an eject, popped it in another pc, copied a file on, did an eject and now all I can get is the above message. Lots of work on it - not irreplaceable I'd rather not have to do the whole lot again. I've tried a few software...
  6. Please insert disk

Please insert disk: Win 10 pro. Whenever I put a dvd in, it spins, ejects and says "please insert disk" I did a repair install with a usb stick, dvd's were recognized. Machine then updated, no dvd's recognized. Not even the win10 dvd I did the initial install from...
  7. Please insert a disk into USB Drive :E

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please insert a disk into USB Drive :E: Hello. My actual USB drive is not showing up under Devices and Drives in the File Manager. I watched fixes and it told me to go to Create and format hard disk partitions. Then, under the unallocated space that the drive has, make a new volume. When I do this, it says "The...
  8. Please insert a disk and cd drive not working

Please insert a disk and cd drive not working: Hi ! My cd drive has stopped working. Whenever i insert a cd it says insert a disc and then shows help me choose a disk. I tried to rund diagnostics and it says everything is working fine. I have tried uninstalling drivers/device then reinstalling nothing is working. Even did...
  9. USB Flash drive please insert a disk

USB Flash drive please insert a disk: Usb flash drive please insert a disk, tried different computers. Updated drivers. Changed drive letter. Uninstalled driver and reinstalled. Checked for updates. Ran troubleshooter. Please help I have a document I really need.......
  10. Please insert a disk into (D:)

Please insert a disk into (D:): Hello! I have a 1080p Action camera. You can find it Here. I have had it for about a month. It worked fine and I loved it. But recently I have been getting this error. When I plug it into my PC I get a message "Please insert a disk into (D*Smile." When I look at it in "My PC"...