Windows 10: please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive-

Discus and support please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive- in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I attempt to move anything to or from my M: external drive I get this please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---I dont have any such drive- Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AFTommy, Dec 28, 2018.

1. AFTommy Win User

please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive-

When I attempt to move anything to or from my M: external drive I get this please insert a disk into usb drive (fplease insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive- :)---I dont have any such drive-
    Tried a number of windows reg fixes but it says cannot delete "drive in use"
    HAPPY NEW YEAR---all help is appreciated

:)

AFTommy, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

please insert a disc into the usb drive

Hi,

It seems that your USB is having an issue. We suggest running Check Disk to find and repair errors in the USB drive. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste chkdsk E: /f, then hit Enter.

Please use chkdsk E: command to check the integrity of your USB drive.

Note: Change "E:" to the USB drive letter you're using.

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Dec 28, 2018
  3. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Dec 28, 2018
  4. please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive-

please insert disk into usb drive

i bought the flash drive yesterday and when i try to open it. it says "please insert disk into usb drive"

MatthewMiami777, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive-

1. please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive- - Similar Threads - please insert disk

2. F Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F Drive: Sorry guys I found I had a damaged card in the multi card device, there isn't a problem after all, Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/45004289-18ac-48b0-b9ef-78b55fb1bd4d
  3. please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive-

please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive-: When I attempt to move anything to or from my M: external drive I get this please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---I dont have any such drive- Tried a number of windows reg fixes but it says cannot delete "drive in use" HAPPY NEW YEAR---all help is appreciated 124316
  4. "please insert a disk into SCHC" fix???

"please insert a disk into SCHC" fix???: I'm trying to make disk images for my raspberry pi but then when i go into the sd card, it says "please insert a disk into SCHC." I tried every fix known, but all of them are useless. Please reply, or i'll strongly think about installing Linux....
  5. USB Flash drive please insert a disk

USB Flash drive please insert a disk: Usb flash drive please insert a disk, tried different computers. Updated drivers. Changed drive letter. Uninstalled driver and reinstalled. Checked for updates. Ran troubleshooter. Please help I have a document I really need.......
  6. F Drive

F Drive: I am getting a message regarding F drive being nearly full. I do not have anything on F Drive. Why am I getting this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/b628b065-043e-4aa4-bee1-0f1ae63e1655
  7. Disk error F drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk error F drive: What is a good fix to settle this error created by your windows upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/disk-error-f-drive/3d010cfb-3e24-4d7e-b811-16de463df631
  8. Optical BD drive disappears when inserting a disk

Optical BD drive disappears when inserting a disk: Something in a recent update to Windows 10 has changed the behavior of my SATA connected optical drive. Everything worked fine and then recently: Inserting a cd causes the drive to disappear from "This PC" The drive will show up in Device Manager if "show hidden devices"...
  9. phantom F drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    phantom F drive: Will Microsoft Windows 10 delete the phantom F drive with an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/phantom-f-drive/db0a2586-ea7d-4f02-ac56-2f491037ebe0
  10. Please insert a disk into (D:)

Please insert a disk into (D:): Hello! I have a 1080p Action camera. You can find it Here. I have had it for about a month. It worked fine and I loved it. But recently I have been getting this error. When I plug it into my PC I get a message "Please insert a disk into (D*Smile." When I look at it in "My PC"...