Windows 10: please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive-

Discus and support please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive- in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I attempt to move anything to or from my M: external drive I get this please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---I dont have any such drive- Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AFTommy, Dec 28, 2018.

1. AFTommy Win User

please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive-

When I attempt to move anything to or from my M: external drive I get this please insert a disk into usb drive (fplease insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive- :)---I dont have any such drive-
    Tried a number of windows reg fixes but it says cannot delete "drive in use"
    HAPPY NEW YEAR---all help is appreciated

:)

AFTommy, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

please insert a disc into the usb drive

Hi,

It seems that your USB is having an issue. We suggest running Check Disk to find and repair errors in the USB drive. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste chkdsk E: /f, then hit Enter.

Please use chkdsk E: command to check the integrity of your USB drive.

Note: Change "E:" to the USB drive letter you're using.

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Dec 28, 2018
  3. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Dec 28, 2018
  4. please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive-

please insert disk into usb drive

i bought the flash drive yesterday and when i try to open it. it says "please insert disk into usb drive"

MatthewMiami777, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive-

1. please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive- - Similar Threads - please insert disk

2. Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:: Hi although I know it states OneDrive does not support an external hard disk. I run out of space of my windows11 laptop internal hard drive and brought an external Hard Drive a couple of years ago. This has been synchronising perfectly well with my laptop ever since until...
  3. Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:: Hi although I know it states OneDrive does not support an external hard disk. I run out of space of my windows11 laptop internal hard drive and brought an external Hard Drive a couple of years ago. This has been synchronising perfectly well with my laptop ever since until...
  4. "Please Insert Disk into USB Drive" Error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Please Insert Disk into USB Drive" Error message: I have been using a free 3rd-party program called IMGBurn for copying the contents of old CDs and DVDs onto. The program is old, but is still recommended by every website I can find and by many people on the internet I once saw a MichealMJD video in which he mentioned that he...
  5. "Please Insert Disk into USB Drive" Error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Please Insert Disk into USB Drive" Error message: I have been using a free 3rd-party program called IMGBurn for copying the contents of old CDs and DVDs onto. The program is old, but is still recommended by every website I can find and by many people on the internet I once saw a MichealMJD video in which he mentioned that he...
  6. "Please insert a disk drive in Disk Drive D:"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Please insert a disk drive in Disk Drive D:": Hello!A friend of mine was moving some files into a USB flash drive and, after the operation was completed he used the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media to check if it was safe to remove the drive. After he confirmed that it was safe to do so he removed the drive just to...
  7. Please insert a disk in to USB Drive

Please insert a disk in to USB Drive: Up until midday the stick was working perfectly. I did an eject, popped it in another pc, copied a file on, did an eject and now all I can get is the above message. Lots of work on it - not irreplaceable I'd rather not have to do the whole lot again. I've tried a few software...
  8. Please insert a disk into USB Drive :E

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please insert a disk into USB Drive :E: Hello. My actual USB drive is not showing up under Devices and Drives in the File Manager. I watched fixes and it told me to go to Create and format hard disk partitions. Then, under the unallocated space that the drive has, make a new volume. When I do this, it says "The...
  9. please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive-

in Windows 10 Support
    please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---i dont have any such drive-: When I attempt to move anything to or from my M: external drive I get this please insert a disk into usb drive (f:)---I dont have any such drive- Tried a number of windows reg fixes but it says cannot delete "drive in use" HAPPY NEW YEAR---all help is appreciated 124316
  10. USB Flash drive please insert a disk

USB Flash drive please insert a disk: Usb flash drive please insert a disk, tried different computers. Updated drivers. Changed drive letter. Uninstalled driver and reinstalled. Checked for updates. Ran troubleshooter. Please help I have a document I really need.......