Windows 10: please insert disk into sm/xd (h:) keeps coming up

Discus and support please insert disk into sm/xd (h:) keeps coming up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is driving me insane. It is tabbing me out of games, videos everything. [ATTACH] Any help is greatly appreciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by o Da Assassin x, Jan 17, 2019.

1. please insert disk into sm/xd (h:) keeps coming up

This is driving me insane.

It is tabbing me out of games, videos everything.

please insert disk into sm/xd (h:) keeps coming up 7bfd6692-ccb2-40b3-9ca4-c5a67c2ecc0c?upload=true.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

o Da Assassin x, Jan 17, 2019

2. Issue with "please insert disk into removable disk (H)" error message when coming out of sleep mode.

Hi,

As per the description, the issue might be caused due to hardware changes. So, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

The issue might also occur if there is any drive volume which has not been assigned a drive letter. I suggest you to check the same in Disk Management and assign a drive letter. The drive for which a drive letter is not assigned will be shown as "Raw".

• Right-click on that and choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths".
    • Click "Add" and choose a letter or accept the default letter.
    • Click "OK" and wait for the ribbon to update.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 17, 2019
  3. JPizzle89 Win User
    Issue with "please insert disk into removable disk (H)" error message when coming out of sleep mode.

Hi all,

I'm in need of some help with an error message that started when I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 on my Sony laptop.

Every time I put the laptop into sleep mode and then commence using the laptop a "please insert disk into removable disk (H)" error message pops up without anything plugged into the laptop.

I've tried searching this issue online but haven't found anything yet. Has anyone else come across this issue?

Many thanks,

JPizzle89, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

please insert disk into sm/xd (h:) keeps coming up

Error insert removable disk g

Hi Brandon,

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide the best solution possible, we need additional information:

• Did you insert a removable drive storage, like a USB Flashdrive, on your device?
    • Have you tried using other ports to insert the removable storage?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

please insert disk into sm/xd (h:) keeps coming up

1. please insert disk into sm/xd (h:) keeps coming up - Similar Threads - please insert disk

2. Every USB storage device comes up with error 'Please insert a disc'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every USB storage device comes up with error 'Please insert a disc': I have a problem with accessing all USB sticks on my laptop. I know the sticks work as they are OK on other devices of the same model laptop and some are brand new sticks. Things I have tried so far:Using a different portCheck for new drivers in device manager Installed all...
  3. Every USB storage device comes up with error 'Please insert a disc'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every USB storage device comes up with error 'Please insert a disc': I have a problem with accessing all USB sticks on my laptop. I know the sticks work as they are OK on other devices of the same model laptop and some are brand new sticks. Things I have tried so far:Using a different portCheck for new drivers in device manager Installed all...
  4. Every USB storage device comes up with error 'Please insert a disc'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "Please insert a disk drive in Disk Drive D:"

"Please insert a disk drive in Disk Drive D:": Hello!A friend of mine was moving some files into a USB flash drive and, after the operation was completed he used the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media to check if it was safe to remove the drive. After he confirmed that it was safe to do so he removed the drive just to...
  6. Please insert a disk in to USB Drive

Please insert a disk in to USB Drive: Up until midday the stick was working perfectly. I did an eject, popped it in another pc, copied a file on, did an eject and now all I can get is the above message. Lots of work on it - not irreplaceable I'd rather not have to do the whole lot again. I've tried a few software...
  7. Please Insert Disc into removable disc H: keeps appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please Insert Disc into removable disc H: keeps appearing: This is getting very frustrating. I supposedly have a fully-updated Windows 10 installation, but a pop-up keeps appearing asking me to insert a disc! This happens after almost every reawakening from sleep. It will also pop up in the middle of using other programs - the...
  8. Please insert disk

Please insert disk: Win 10 pro. Whenever I put a dvd in, it spins, ejects and says "please insert disk" I did a repair install with a usb stick, dvd's were recognized. Machine then updated, no dvd's recognized. Not even the win10 dvd I did the initial install from...
  9. "please insert a disk into SCHC" fix???

"please insert a disk into SCHC" fix???: I'm trying to make disk images for my raspberry pi but then when i go into the sd card, it says "please insert a disk into SCHC." I tried every fix known, but all of them are useless. Please reply, or i'll strongly think about installing Linux....
  10. Please insert a disk into (D:)

Please insert a disk into (D:): Hello! I have a 1080p Action camera. You can find it Here. I have had it for about a month. It worked fine and I loved it. But recently I have been getting this error. When I plug it into my PC I get a message "Please insert a disk into (D*Smile." When I look at it in "My PC"...