Windows 10: Please insert the external storage media and press ok

Discus and support Please insert the external storage media and press ok in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 to 10 but when I restart my laptop it shows the error please insert the external storage media and press ok please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TEJASSHARMA2, May 15, 2022.

1. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 to 10 but when I restart my laptop it shows the error please insert the external storage media and press ok please help me to reset my pc and login

:)

TEJASSHARMA2, May 15, 2022
  2. xTSx Win User

Error: Please Insert The External Storage Media And Press Ok

My computer, HP 14-an013nr, said to do the Windows 10 update, but the storage was full so it suggested an external storage device... The problem is that now after using a usp drive and following the steps it is unable to reinstall the previous version. I've
    tried this multiple times and even when it says "Restoring the previous version of windows" it always comes back to the "error please insert the external storage media and press ok" message. I can no longer use the computer. It will do NOTHING. It won't restore
    the previous version of windows and only shows a black screen with the error message. Is there a way to save the thing or is it lost?

3. Please insert the external storage media and press OK

I attempted to update to the latest Windows 10 update last night. Half way through it told me I need more space and I can continue by plugging in a external storage. I plugged in a usb drive and continued the update and went to sleep. Woke up and it was
    stuck at the booting and has the message "Please insert the external storage media and press OK". I never removed the USB drive and the message continued to appear after I click OK. How can I fix this issue? Thank you.

Chih-WeiHsu, May 15, 2022
  4. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

Please insert the external storage media and press OK

I was trying to update to the Windows 10 update using an external flash drive as my pc did not have enough space in it. After several reboots and processes, the process stalls with the message "Please insert the external
    storage media and press OK". The external flash drive was always plugged in and I never removed it. Clicking OK just refreshed the message popup. Clicked Cancel and the windows updated was rolled back to previous state. How can I overcome this issue and successfully
    update Windows? Thank you.

Arvind Kotaru, May 15, 2022
Thema:

Please insert the external storage media and press ok

1. Please insert the external storage media and press ok - Similar Threads - Please insert external

2. Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK: I have a ACER Aspire 1 Laptop. I’ve tried pressing ok multiple times but it would just result in to a loop with a ACER loading screen. I can’t get out of it and I have no I idea what to do....
  3. Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK: I have a ACER Aspire 1 Laptop. I’ve tried pressing ok multiple times but it would just result in to a loop with a ACER loading screen. I can’t get out of it and I have no I idea what to do....
  4. Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please insert the external storage media and press ok: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 to 10 but when I restart my laptop it shows the error please insert the external storage media and press ok please help me to reset my pc and login...
  6. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please insert the external storage media and press ok: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 to 10 but when I restart my laptop it shows the error please insert the external storage media and press ok please help me to reset my pc and login...
  7. Black screen - please insert the external media and press ok

Black screen - please insert the external media and press ok: How big of an external drive do I need for windows pro but is home use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-please-insert-the-external-media-and/13b7bd69-7d17-4c55-be6c-c16d676f35fc
  8. Please insert the external storage media and press OK message while upgrading Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Please insert the external storage media and press OK message while upgrading Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you receive a message Please insert the external storage media and press OK message while upgrading Windows 10, and your PC is stuck on […] This article Please insert the external storage media and press OK message while upgrading Windows 10 first appeared on...
  9. “Please insert external storage media and press ok” error. Helppp!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Please insert external storage media and press ok” error. Helppp!!!: Help, l was trying to update my Lenovo laptop and an error suddenly popped up saying “ please insert external storage media and press ok”.I’ve been searching in the internet on how to do it and I’m confused, frustrated and tired cause it’s 2:10am right now. Can someone help...
  10. Error please insert the external storage media and press ok

Error please insert the external storage media and press ok: I was wondering if anyone could help. Ive been recieveing the error message (the one in the title) and it stays on a black screen and nothing happens i cant click on anything as my windows wont load. Ive got a acer aspier. I recently contacted MS support to fix this issue but...