Windows 10: Please make Cortana stop!

Discus and support Please make Cortana stop! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have tried, Spydish, Debotnet, O&O Shutup10 and a random Uninstall Cortana.cmd. to stop/delete Cortana. I also disable it in Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shipwreck, Jul 27, 2020.

1. shipwreck Win User

Please make Cortana stop!

Hi everyone,
    I have tried, Spydish, Debotnet, O&O Shutup10 and a random Uninstall Cortana.cmd. to stop/delete Cortana. I also disable it in Task Manager. Each time I reboot, the bloody thing is back using 21% of my CPU. I have the latest 10 update as of 21.07.2020 Is there a soulution to completely removing it? I don't mind having to do it again following an update. Many thanks.

:)

shipwreck, Jul 27, 2020
  2. KCR
    KCR Win User

I don't want to uninstall it. . . yet. *Think

But I see that it is listed in CCleaner. . .

Please make Cortana stop! [​IMG]

I haven't a clue if that method works, or not ?

NB:
    I haven't read Shawn's tutorial yet either, but "The Beast" . *Wink. seems to stay disabled on my machine. .

Please make Cortana stop! [​IMG]

3. f14tomcat Win User

I haven't tried the CCleaner method for a long time, but my remembrance is it does not do as deep a cleaning as Revo. I think it just does the same as right-clicking the App entry in Settings and clicking Uninstall (if not greyed) out. Revo gets the reg entries (with a backup) and the file entries.

f14tomcat, Jul 27, 2020
  4. shipwreck Win User

Thanks again everyone, I have Revo but the Cortana app isn’t listed. I have tried several commands within Powershell and of course the three programs mentioned. I also tried what was suggested in the pinned note. I am away from the computer now until Thursday morning, will then try WinAero. Thanks again everyone for your suggestions. Wish me luck!

shipwreck, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Please make Cortana stop! - Similar Threads - Please Cortana stop

2. Unable to make Cortana listen to my voice and unable to make Cortana listen to “Hey Cortana”

in Cortana
    Unable to make Cortana listen to my voice and unable to make Cortana listen to “Hey Cortana”: Hello community, I am having trouble with Cortana on my laptop because it doesn’t let me use my voice to control Cortana. I have been trying my best with Cortana’s settings and it says to adjist cloud settings. Please help me....
  3. Please make Cortana stop!

in Windows 10 Support
    Please make Cortana stop!: Hi everyone, I have tried, Spydish, Debotnet, O&O Shutup10 and a random Uninstall Cortana.cmd. to stop/delete Cortana. I also disable it in Task Manager. Each time I reboot, the bloody thing is back using 21% of my CPU. I have the latest 10 update as of 21.07.2020 Is there a...
  4. Cortana stops listening

in Cortana
    Cortana stops listening: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 10 64 bit. All Windows updates are in place. Problem is that Cortana stops listening after a fraction of a second and says that she did not hear anything. Microphone works OK with Zoom and other programs. Regards, Barry...
  5. cortana stopped working

in Cortana
    cortana stopped working: has just stopped, any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-stopped-working/efb116d4-b28c-446e-8753-d2590db5a334"
  6. Make Cortana removable

in Cortana
    Make Cortana removable: I run Windows 10 on a 128GB SSD and with windows 10 ever growing with future updates I think it should be made possible to completely uninstall cortana without breaking anything. I ran a powershell script I found online that removes a bunch of stuff but didn't actually free...
  7. STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT: I don't care if this has been said before, if there is some workaround, or whatever. It's simple. Stop updating without my explicit consent. STOP IT. Make Windows STOP IT. Yes, I understand that updates are necessary. All you have to implement is one very SIMPLE FEATURE. No...
  8. Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!: 1) When I open a new tab (in Edge) theres a very good chance I know what website I want to go to so why don't you make the url box viewable by default when you open a new tab? Why do I need to click the empty space to make the url box open? Whats the advantage of doing this?...
  9. Cortana stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana stopped working: When I start using Cortana it will not connect to the Internet. I say, for example, "Hey Cortana" then I say "Facebook Log in" it copies what I say but then comes back with, "The Internet and I are not talking right now." or "I can't connect right now, try again in a little...
  10. Microsoft Edge Cache Database - please make it stop!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Cache Database - please make it stop!: Just installed Windows 10. Microsoft Edge stinks, so I continue using Chrome, using IE11 for a backup. I run CCleaner regularly, usually more than once a day. Disregarding the notion of whether I ought to be running it that often, I write to complain of the message I get...