Windows 10: Please Microsoft, give us better known issues information

Discus and support Please Microsoft, give us better known issues information in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you have installed the October 2018 Update for Windows 10 already on your own machine or PCs that you administrate, you may have encountered a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 27, 2018.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Please Microsoft, give us better known issues information

If you have installed the October 2018 Update for Windows 10 already on your own machine or PCs that you administrate, you may have encountered a number of bugs in that particular version.

Microsoft had to pull the update shortly after release in early October 2018; it took the company six weeks to re-release the update. The new version fixed some of the issues but not all of them.

Microsoft promised to do better in terms of update transparency and quality, but did release a statement that update quality was better than ever.

Microsoft updated the known issues in the update recently again on the official support page. The new issue affects Seek Bar behavior in Windows Media Player.

Please Microsoft, give us better known issues information windows-microsoft-issue-description.png

Microsoft notes:

After installing this update, users may not be able to use the Seek Bar in Windows Media Player when playing specific files.

The company is working on a resolution according to the support page. The description of the symptom is rather vague; while it highlights the program -- Windows Media Player -- and the issue itself -- Seek Bar may not work -- it fails to define "specific files".

Which files or file types are affected by the issue? Microsoft does not reveal the information; the omission of vital information, in this case details on the affected files, means that it is impossible to assess the seriousness of the issue.

Is it a critical issue or not? If popular file types are affected it is more likely critical but if an obscure file type or even only some specifically encoded files are affected, it is not.

The lack of information falls in line with something else that I have been criticizing for years: the order in which updates and linked resource pages are published. Microsoft -- sometimes -- releases updates through Windows Update and other official distribution channels before support pages are published.

While it is possible to install these updates, it is impossible to know what they fix or do until the support page gets published. Support pages may not reveal much about updates either which brings us back full circle to the issue described in this article.

What should Microsoft do?

I'd like to see an effort to improve transparency when it comes to updates and issues. Administrators need detailed information on updates and issues, and Microsoft should make an effort to provide additional details where applicable.

Now You: What is your take on this?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Please Microsoft, give us better known issues information appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 27, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Please Microsoft, give us better known issues information

Erik J [MSFT], Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Please Microsoft, give us better known issues information

1. Please Microsoft, give us better known issues information - Similar Threads - Please Microsoft better

2. Kerberos Known Issue introduced with KB5007206 has incorrect public information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kerberos Known Issue introduced with KB5007206 has incorrect public information: The November 2021 Known Issue "Authentication might fail on DCs with certain Kerberos delegation scenarios" introduced via Windows Updates states that "Kerberos delegation scenarios where a Kerberos client provides the front-end service with an evidence ticket are not...
  3. Kerberos Known Issue introduced with KB5007206 has incorrect public information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kerberos Known Issue introduced with KB5007206 has incorrect public information: The November 2021 Known Issue "Authentication might fail on DCs with certain Kerberos delegation scenarios" introduced via Windows Updates states that "Kerberos delegation scenarios where a Kerberos client provides the front-end service with an evidence ticket are not...
  4. Give us a minute issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Give us a minute issue: Give us a minute, were updating app name roblox, it should be ready to use again shortly. Pls help me to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/give-us-a-minute-issue/6b70bbd2-ebc1-4c0f-af17-2f0a7398c782
  5. Give us a minute issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Give us a minute issue: Hi before stating my problem Id like to say that I've looked all over for solutions, including the threads on this website, none of the fixes have worked. Anyways whenever I try to open any windows app I get an error pop up saying "We’re updating Photos. It should be ready to...
  6. Give us a minute

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Give us a minute: Hello, For the last 48 hours I have received the message "give us a minute XXX is updating" whenever I have tried to access my Outlook or any other Microsoft "app" on my computer. I have checked all my updates, check I am synced for the correct time zone, tried to reset...
  7. File in use - please give proper information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File in use - please give proper information: When trying to delete a file, you might get an error: The action can't be completed because the file is in use by another program. Windows has always been geving the user that generic "can't do it" message since the very early beginnings of Windows 1.0. Now, several...
  8. Give Us A Minute......

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Give Us A Minute......: Recently I tried to open my World Of Tanks Blitz game using Windows 10 and I got a "Give Us A Minute" Window saying it would be ready shortly, it has been up for a couple of days now. How do I fix this?...
  9. give us a minute windows phone issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    give us a minute windows phone issue: My nokia lumia 650 displays "give us a minute.this app is updating.It should be ready to update shortly" on nearly all apps and contacts list....
  10. Is this a known issue?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this a known issue?: Hello, In another thread I indicated that my computer shows that the KB4056892 update failed. I was informed how to find out if it did indeed install, which it has. My question is will the error in View installed History will ever be correct, or are there any concerns other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. us it websoft llc scam