Windows 10: Please note that microsoft support has moved online.

Discus and support Please note that microsoft support has moved online. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It would be great if I could get past 5 seconds of a call with the support staff before they hang up on me. All I need are the product keys for windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dragonmunday12, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Please note that microsoft support has moved online.

It would be great if I could get past 5 seconds of a call with the support staff before they hang up on me. All I need are the product keys for windows that I purchased. No I didn't get an email. No it is not on the order page. and NO support staff will not help you. Last resort is on this forum. Can you help MS staff?

:)

dragonmunday12, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 28, 2021
  3. B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Nov 28, 2021
  4. Please note that microsoft support has moved online.

Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Please note that microsoft support has moved online. [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

Please note that microsoft support has moved online.

1. Please note that microsoft support has moved online. - Similar Threads - Please note microsoft

2. online support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    online support: can't get to my admin settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-support/117f77f9-9ba5-41b2-85b4-06c786198027
  3. online support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    online support: can't get to my admin settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-support/117f77f9-9ba5-41b2-85b4-06c786198027
  4. Microsoft Online support no response

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Online support no response: Anyone else have this issue? It seems impossible to me to get any sort of help with my keyboard that's having hardware issues.I contacted Microsoft through many avenues both online and on the phone. I would get passed around and transferred to the Supplemental Parts...
  5. Microsoft Online support no response

Microsoft Online support no response: Anyone else have this issue? It seems impossible to me to get any sort of help with my keyboard that's having hardware issues.I contacted Microsoft through many avenues both online and on the phone. I would get passed around and transferred to the Supplemental Parts...
  6. Please note that microsoft support has moved online.

Please note that microsoft support has moved online.: It would be great if I could get past 5 seconds of a call with the support staff before they hang up on me. All I need are the product keys for windows that I purchased. No I didn't get an email. No it is not on the order page. and NO support staff will not help you. Last...
  7. Please note that microsoft support has moved online.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please note that microsoft support has moved online.: It would be great if I could get past 5 seconds of a call with the support staff before they hang up on me. All I need are the product keys for windows that I purchased. No I didn't get an email. No it is not on the order page. and NO support staff will not help you. Last...
  8. online support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    online support: Can I pay to have Microsoft take control of my computer and fix a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-support/cbe463b5-5e5b-42e3-838e-f359bd034c65
  9. Move Stick Notes

Move Stick Notes: I got a brandnew 4K-monitor just today and a new GTX 1080ti. Testing everything I found about, that I can´t move sticky notes anymore. Could do that without any problems before. Working at highest resolution. What is wrong?...
  10. Has Microsoft Closed Online Chat by Text Tech Support?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Has Microsoft Closed Online Chat by Text Tech Support?: I used to be able to talk to someone via a chat thread. This was very helpful. Now the only option is to call by phone. There you have to go through 5 minutes of an incredibly slow automated service (which as always does nothing more than waste time) and then you get put...