Windows 10: Please please let us turn off automatic updates that doesn't involve something so...

Discus and support Please please let us turn off automatic updates that doesn't involve something so... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is about the 20th time your updates have ruined work. From not saving things, to not properly opening up everything after, to whatever else. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by danij_m, Jul 12, 2019.

1. danij_m Win User

Please please let us turn off automatic updates that doesn't involve something so...

This is about the 20th time your updates have ruined work. From not saving things, to not properly opening up everything after, to whatever else. I leave my PC on for a reason during the week, because I need to. It saves me so much time, and patients and its a convenience that I paid for by owning my PC and paying for this annoying OS. There isn't a single simple answer to stopping these, and that is just clearly on purpose and lazy scripting. I do not want your update. If I do, I will do it when it is better for me. Not in the middle of the night, closing everything and ruining a couple hours of work.

Not to mention I had to log into Microsoft to write this. Oh and your Feedback Hub is garbage too.

I paid for this, and having an option to not update automatically is not a lot to ask for. Can't wait for the replies that suggest some convulated way rather than it just being, hmmmm I don't know, in the updates section of the settings.

Just awful. I'm actually looking up Linux right now.

:)

danij_m, Jul 12, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Please please let us turn off automatic updates that doesn't involve something so... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 12, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Please please let us turn off automatic updates that doesn't involve something so...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Please please let us turn off automatic updates that doesn't involve something so... :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Please please let us turn off automatic updates that doesn't involve something so... - Similar Threads - Please please let

2. Please I’m so helpless

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please I’m so helpless: So im wondering im trying to make the computer better but honestly i dont think its going to change anything i dont see my username o the c drive but when i open it from file explorer normally it does so i have file explorer opened from the c drive that i found out didnt have...
  3. Please Please Please Stop the automatically enabled Gaming Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Please Please Stop the automatically enabled Gaming Features: I respectfully ask Microsoft to PLEASE to STOP trying to provide gaming features for PC gamers! You are not helping us! You are causing our games to lag to the point that our games are unplayable. Stick with XBox! Do not install gaming features that are automatically...
  4. STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT: I don't care if this has been said before, if there is some workaround, or whatever. It's simple. Stop updating without my explicit consent. STOP IT. Make Windows STOP IT. Yes, I understand that updates are necessary. All you have to implement is one very SIMPLE FEATURE. No...
  5. Microsoft, please let us to increase the time of text in video editing app !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft, please let us to increase the time of text in video editing app !: Kiaora, I can not increase the time of text duration in windows 10 video editing app, and from internet search I came to know that it is not available to do also. So please Microsoft, let us to do this. Wasting $$$ on ad*be (software) and other apps is not good for this...
  6. turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    turn off automatic updates: automatic updates in my laptop makes my browsing speed very low. how can I turn off automatic windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-automatic-updates/74d6a85a-409f-4eee-b806-5abd72a9471a
  7. Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning: The title says it all, really. I have a Surface Pro that when I open it up in the morning, the Night Light schedule seems to be ignored, and I have to manually turn it off every morning. I suspect it has something to do with coming out of Sleep, but I'd love some guidance....
  8. Turn automatic updates off?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn automatic updates off?: Hello, i just installed windows 10 pro 64bit on my computer and would like to turn automatic updates off but cannot find the option on control panel. Can anyone help me out? 110716
  9. BitDefender And Automatic Updates Question, Please

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitDefender And Automatic Updates Question, Please: Hello, Two questions please: Using BitDefender. Windows did an automatic update, apparently, and wiped out a lot of my desktop icons. Although I am fairly sure that I still have BitDefender working, hopefully, the round desktop icon that was always displayed is not...
  10. how to turn off automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to turn off automatic updates?: I'm having a laptop with eMMC with only 32GB of storage.I had 18 GB of free space and last night I recived some updates which left me only 10 GB of free space.I want to turn off option of auto updating if there is any. I switched meter connection to ON.Is there anything...