Windows 10: Please provide a way to change 2-finger scroll speed and inertia

Discus and support Please provide a way to change 2-finger scroll speed and inertia in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my 6-year-old Lenovo X1 carbon (gen 1) with Windows 10 a brand new gen 7 machine, also Windows 10. Imagine my surprise when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamieTR, Aug 25, 2019.

1. JamieTR Win User

Please provide a way to change 2-finger scroll speed and inertia

I recently upgraded my 6-year-old Lenovo X1 carbon (gen 1) with Windows 10 a brand new gen 7 machine, also Windows 10. Imagine my surprise when the wonderful touchpad experience from my very old machine was significantly degraded. Scrolling speed is slow, requiring many flicks to get to the bottom of large pages, and it "loses steam" quickly. On my old machine it would react naturally to fast flicks and scroll very quickly, and continue scrolling for a long time until i stopped it with another tap. It is so much more effort now to navigate large pages because the speed is so slow.

I have researched this extensively and it seems that there is no way to configure the speed of scrolling with the new "high precision touchpad" drivers. This document confirms this as of 2017:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...mponent-guidelines/touchpad-tuning-guidelines

"Two-finger scrolling speed
    Windows currently does not provide a way to modify the Precision Touchpad (PTP) two-finger scrolling speed"

Please, please, can this feature be added? This is such a huge usability degradation.

:)

JamieTR, Aug 25, 2019

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

Support für XPS 15Z L511Z | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Aug 25, 2019
  3. CmdrKeene Win User
    Two finger mouse pad scroll speed increase.

When you use two fingers, the system basically interprets it the same as if you had used a mouse with a scroll wheel.

So in this case, you can open your Mouse Properties and adjust the scrolling speed for that scroll wheel, and it will affect your speed when using two fingers also.

One quick way to reach those options is to do this:

1) Right-click Start button and choose Run

2) Type main.cpl and click OK

3) Go to the Wheel tab at the top and adjust the speed.

If the company that built your laptop included more touchpad software than just the basics, you might also be able to adjust those options in the touchpad-specific options. Those are sometimes integrated into the same mouse properties you open with the 3
    steps above, but it can also be in a totally separate app provided by the manufacturer.

You can also adjust your scrolling speed from the Settings app:

1) Open Settings app, click Devices

2) Choose Mouse

3) Adjust the scrolling speed.

CmdrKeene, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Please provide a way to change 2-finger scroll speed and inertia

Can't scroll with 2 fingers after upgrades to Windows 10

Hi Dan,

• What do mean by unable to scroll with 2 fingers?
    • Are you using a mouse with the device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already tried?
    Please revert with answers so that we can diagnose and provide steps.

Vinod Archak, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Please provide a way to change 2-finger scroll speed and inertia

1. Please provide a way to change 2-finger scroll speed and inertia - Similar Threads - Please provide change

2. Mouse scroll inertia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll inertia: Hi,I have a very annoying problem that never happened before.When I use my mouse CAD mouse to scroll for example on a webpage and roll the wheel it never ends. This is specially irritating when I hover over other window/app because it continues there.Sometimes I even tap on...
  3. Mouse scroll inertia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scroll inertia: Hi,I have a very annoying problem that never happened before.When I use my mouse CAD mouse to scroll for example on a webpage and roll the wheel it never ends. This is specially irritating when I hover over other window/app because it continues there.Sometimes I even tap on...
  4. Mouse scroll inertia

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. scrolling with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scrolling with 2 fingers: Hello, I'm using a thinkpad laptop but the two finger scrolling is not working. I check my settings and there are no options to turn it on or off. Is it possible to have this feature?...
  6. scrolling with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scrolling with 2 fingers: Hello, I'm using a thinkpad laptop but the two finger scrolling is not working. I check my settings and there are no options to turn it on or off. Is it possible to have this feature?...
  7. scrolling with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Precision Touchpad 2 finger scrolling speed

Precision Touchpad 2 finger scrolling speed: Hello, I've recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 6 13ARE05 model laptop. I've been wanting to adjust the 2 finger scroll speed as well as how far I will scroll a page with one swipe inertia. I previously had a Thinkpad with a Synaptics touchpad and had access to their control...
  9. 2 finger scroll speed in windows file explorer

2 finger scroll speed in windows file explorer: Hi on my new Dell XPS 15 win 10, all updates etc always done scrolling in windows explorer is different than anywhere else in all other software it works prefectly fine and very unpractical. It seems to be constant speed scrolling instead of variable speed like anywhere...
  10. can't scroll with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't scroll with 2 fingers: I can't scroll with 2 fingers, I've tried the solution below but the tab in step 4 of both methods doesn't exist, i also tried installing synaptics but just keep getting a message popup saying no need to install synaptics pointing device driver Method 1: Change the Mouse...