Windows 10: Please: Quick Update On Win10

Discus and support Please: Quick Update On Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Control Panel isn't there. User accounts aren't there. My own user account is now a 'microsoft account' Two modern win10 computers: A shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jan 24, 2018.

1. abrogard Win User

Please: Quick Update On Win10

Control Panel isn't there.
    User accounts aren't there.
    My own user account is now a 'microsoft account'
    Two modern win10 computers: A shows computers on the LAN. B shows none .
    Put B in a Workgroup and it still shows nothing.
    A sees B but can't log in: 'password expired'
    No apparent way to find this 'expired password' account on B
    Web 'how to's ' and help screens from as recent as a year ago refer to stuff that just isn't here now...

I used to have an admin account and I'd create common user accounts.
    I could list accounts and change them and change passwords.

Every computer on the LAN could be seen by all others - as long as in the same workgroup.

How am I to operate now?

I assume these changes have made thing simpler? Well they were pretty simple before so they should be really lovely now.

And easy to describe to me.

? *Smile

p.s. Immediate task: file transfers from B to A implemented from either end.

:)

abrogard, Jan 24, 2018
  2. The Judge Win User

Win 10 Mail Client location on C

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply, sorry I think you misunderstand me, I'm trying to manually assign a location (for a quick button on a keyboard) for Win 10 mail, when I try the only option I'm given is outlook and I want to use Win10 Mail.

I would please like the location of Win10 Mail .exe on the C drive.

Many Thanks

Paul

The Judge, Jan 24, 2018
  3. GoPro Desktop Tray App

This happened to me today after a Win10 update. It is the GoPro software "Quick".

I just uninstalled it, cause I don't use it. But I bet there would be a setting in the Quick app itself to hide that tray app.

StefaansSSJ, Jan 24, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Win+R->control.exe

Switch to Local User Account
    Win+R->lusrmgr.msc
    Win+R->Services.msc
    On Both PC's, Check the following services and set to Automatic (Default is Manual but sometimes doesn't start). If not running then Start the service(s)
    • UPnP Device Hos
    • DNS Client
    • SSDP Discovery
    • Function Discovery Provider Host
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication

In Local user account. Change the property of the user to: Password never expire.

topgundcp, Jan 24, 2018
  5. abrogard Win User
    Thank you very much. *Smile

abrogard, Jan 24, 2018
  6. TrustMe Win User
    TrustMe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Please: Quick Update On Win10 - Similar Threads - Please Quick Update

2. PLEASE QUICKLY HELP ME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE QUICKLY HELP ME: Hello, i was attacked by a virus, ransomware virus, and i went to my school IT Assistance to remove the virus and that was done by putting a new window on my laptop which is the windows pro. The previous window was Pro Education.My problem is that i am unable to enable the...
  3. PLEASE QUICKLY HELP ME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE QUICKLY HELP ME: Hello, i was attacked by a virus, ransomware virus, and i went to my school IT Assistance to remove the virus and that was done by putting a new window on my laptop which is the windows pro. The previous window was Pro Education.My problem is that i am unable to enable the...
  4. PLEASE QUICKLY HELP ME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Quick Access WIN10 - 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access WIN10 - 2004: I upgraded my Dell Inspiron 5770 to WIN10 - 2004 and everything is working sofar fine. I have only one problem. In the beginning, Quick Access was working fine. It stopped working after about 1 week. When I try to pin a folder to Quick Access I receive the following message:...
  6. Instill Bootcamp afterwards quickly please?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Instill Bootcamp afterwards quickly please?: hi i have Windows installed on my Mac but because i don't have a bootcamp i don't have internet i can somehow install it now please install it if possible with download links or other links! thanks in advance Bootcamp nachträglich instillieren schnell bitte?
  7. I need a quick solution, please.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need a quick solution, please.: Okay, so for some reason I keep on getting my ethernet disconnected even though I have 20 mbps. It's been telling me that I have a metered connection when my Speedtest.net has been saying I have 20 mbps. It's affecting me at work and I'm worried. Any suggestions? submitted...
  8. Guys please respond quick

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Guys please respond quick: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ELEMEYO [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ek1zy5/guys_please_respond_quick/
  9. quickly update

in Windows 10 Customization
    quickly update: Where do I get or download the windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quickly-update/a5ee4144-a2ac-447d-a61e-1ea8f462d7c9
  10. Quick Easy Programming In Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Easy Programming In Win10?: I used to sit down and fire up Basic - command line stuff of course - and put in a few commands and get done whatever I wanted to have done. Read text files, input them to arrays, play with them. output what I wanted. Write it to a file. No compiling. No messing with...