Windows 10: PLEASE READ THIS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND COMPUTER SAFETY

Discus and support PLEASE READ THIS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND COMPUTER SAFETY in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HELLO PEOPLE, A QUICK SHORT TRUE STORY {I HAVE EVIDENCE} WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR A NEW GOOD AV, LOOKING AROUND THE NET IT WAS OBVIOUS HOW MANY SCAMS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by michael Doyle [REAL, Oct 29, 2019.

1. PLEASE READ THIS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND COMPUTER SAFETY

HELLO PEOPLE,

A QUICK SHORT TRUE STORY {I HAVE EVIDENCE} WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR A NEW GOOD AV, LOOKING AROUND THE NET IT WAS OBVIOUS HOW MANY SCAMS WERE GOING ON, SO AFTER LOOKING AROUND AND AT PROS AND CONS I PICKED ..........................SCANGUARD AV!!!, THIS WAS DULY DOWNLOADED ON A MONDAY NIGHT AFTER A SLIGHT HEATED DISCUSSION VIA EMAIL THAT THEIR FIRST YEAR WAS ACCEPTABLE BUT THE 2ND YEAR WENT WELL OVER 100 DOLLORS, I AGREED TO ONE YEAR ONLY AND EVENTUALLY I AGREED AS THE FIRST YEAR WAS AROUND 29 DOLLORS. SO, I WENT TO BED AFTER THIS BRIGHT GLOWING NEW DASHBOARD WAS SET UP,

AS I AM A PENSIONER, I HAVE A LIE IN MORNINGS, SO I SWITCHED MY LAPTOP ON AT 11AM ON TUESDAY AND FOUND I HAD TO LOG IN??? AS I WAS THE ONLY ONE IN THE HOUSE AND IT WAS MY COMPUTER,I WONDERED HOW THE HELL DID THIS GET ON HERE, NO, I DO NOT OPEN SPAM MAIL, OR LINKS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT AND ITS REAR I DOWNLOAD ANYTHING, THE LOGIN JUST SAID WELCOME, I USE WIN 10 HOME SO I SENT A QUERY EMAIL TO MS ASKING HAD THEY PUT OUT WELCOME SCREENS, NO THEY HAD NOT. SO I WENT TO CHECK MY EMAILS, AS YOU ALL KNOW ON SOME MAILS YOU HAVE TO USE THE EXE.CMD, STRAIGHT AWAY A BOX CAME UP ON SCREEN SAYING I DO NOT HAVE ADMIN RIGHTS AND ACCESS WAS DENIED!!!! IT SLOWLY STARTED TO DAWN ON ME SOMETHING WAS NOT RIGHT, I WENT TO UPDATES AND SECURITY, THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE WIN10 WILL KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE THE FIRST ICON IS WINDOWS DEFENDER, THIS NOW HAD A YELLOW TRIANGLE OVER IT SAYING PLEASE OPEN SCANGUARD TO ENTER THIS SITE!!! ALL OF MY ICONS IN THIS WINDOW HAD WRITTEN UNDERNEATH THEM OPEN SCANGUARD TO GAIN ACCESS,I SENT AN EMAIL ON AN OLD LAPTOP TO SCANGUARD SAYING I REQUEST A REFUND AND TO GET YOUR DAMN VIRUSES OFF MY COMPUTER OR I COMPLAIN TO M/SOFT AND WILL ALSO BLOCK MY ACCOUNT AND INFORM THE FRAUD SQUAD THIS I DID, THE SO CALLED SUPPORT CLOWN SAID <PROVE IT!!!!! I HAD A LONG CHAT WITH SUPPORT AT M/SOFT IN THE CHAT BOX, THEY SENT 2 TECHS VIA REMOTE AND AFTER 40 MINS THEY BOTH SAID I HAD BIG PROBLEMS, AS IN THE SYSTEM THEY HAD FOUND 3 CRITICAL VIRUSES, 1 SEVERE KEYLOGGER AND 1 DANGEROUS TROJAN, THEY SAID THE ONLY REMEDY WAS A CLEAN INSTALL!!!!! THEY SAID THERE WAS TOO MUCH DAMAGE,I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD 3 WELL KNOWN AV FIRMS BUT ON THE DOWNLOAD AS YOU ALL KNOW, THERE IS THE EXE CMD TO OPEN THE PROGRAMMES WHICH I COULD NOT DO AS THEY HAD BLOCKED ALL COMMANDS,USE OF PROGRAMMES WAS LIMITED,I SENT 1 MORE EMAIL SAYING I HAD INFORMED ALL THE VARIOUS AUTHORITIES AND THAT MY GERMAN LAWYER HAD SENT TO THE CONSUMER DEPT,EU, BRUSSELS, AN AFFIDAVIT FOR FRAUD AND DECEIT, EUROPOL ARE NOW INVOLVED AS THEY HAVE ON THERE WEBSITE THAT THEY ARE AVAILABLE IN MOST COUNTRYS WITH OFFICES. SO, I NOW HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE XMAS BONUS TO COME SO I CAN BUY A NEW LAPTOP.REGARDS TO ALL OF YOU AND LOOK BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD.SCREENSHOTS ARE AVAILABLE. .........SL

:)

michael Doyle [REAL, Oct 29, 2019

2. Family Safety: Son's computer not recognizing changes in Windows 10.

Hi Joanne,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in family safety account.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you tried to log out or restart from the child's computer and logging in to the computer?
    • Are you able to see the child account in the Family Safety settings after removing it?

I suggest you to refer to the steps below to remove the child account from the family safety account and also turn on
    Activity reporting.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/turn-off-family-settings-in-windows-10

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit managing child account in Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

PLEASE READ THIS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND COMPUTER SAFETY 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Oct 29, 2019
  4. PLEASE READ THIS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND COMPUTER SAFETY

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

PLEASE READ THIS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND COMPUTER SAFETY

1. PLEASE READ THIS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND COMPUTER SAFETY - Similar Threads - PLEASE READ OWN

2. Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?: PLEASE accept my apologies for the size of this note! My Father has been locked out of his laptop and now his microsoft account as well. Every time he tried logging into it MS would ask for the password and then say it was the wrong one. I and several others have witnessed...
  3. Updates are underway please keep your computer on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates are underway please keep your computer on: 1 hours take showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-are-underway-please-keep-your-computer-on/199fdc50-9d81-4ed3-9cbb-d8b159499d75
  4. Please read this

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please read this: Backstory:I was trying to see if there’s any errors on my laptop, I then saw there was, So like any other person woald do, I fixed the errors, but however, it got stuck on the restart screen, so this might sound stupid but it works I shutted it down using the keyboard, As...
  5. Understanding SSD Positioning and Endurance - a good read!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Understanding SSD Positioning and Endurance - a good read!: Hi all - Just wanted to share this article by Western Digital as it is well written and not too technical: Understanding SSD Endurance Hope that this is a useful resource. *Smile 175181
  6. Please read along

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please read along: Everytime I log on my pic I get told “I’m asked to be signed out in lass than a minute “ and eventually get signed out however I don’t get singed out on lock screen page . I know you programmers are saying oh haha a blank that’s easy to get rid of or just is this computer ....
  7. Remove Family Safety Please!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Family Safety Please!!: As YouTuber and potential Twitch streamer, family safety is getting in my way every time, when I record, a notification pops up and says "You have 15 minutes left of Google Chrome" and it messes up my whole video. I also don't have any time to edit my vids. I feel like Family...
  8. PLEASE READ!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PLEASE READ!!!: I got a pair of earbuds but when I put them in my jack isn't detecting it and it isn't popping up in the playback devices. I tried everything, I even factory reset to a fresh download of windows. PLEASE HELP ME OR I WILL BUY A MAC....
  9. DaveM121 please read

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DaveM121 please read: I am the person talking about the prosseccor cores but it won't let me respond on that post for some reason. Can you repaet the steps to change cores through win+r please....
  10. PLEASE READ

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PLEASE READ: I have this same virus happening on my Windows 10 like two or three time and NEVER STOPS. I don't download a lot of things, but it happens. It keeps on sending me notifications. It stopped now, but normally it would start up again and keep going. The sad part of this is even...