Windows 10: Please rethink the issue of automatic windows update

Discus and support Please rethink the issue of automatic windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am a developer working on asp.net and desktop projects I often open many windows and work with heavy programs. Windows starts downloading updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MuhammadBadawi, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Please rethink the issue of automatic windows update

I am a developer working on asp.net and desktop projects
    I often open many windows and work with heavy programs.
    Windows starts downloading updates either for programs or master
    Then I will be surprised that Windows has become unstable and it ends up either with a blue screen or a disk error
    I hope to re-enable the user to install the loaded updates or unfortunately I will stop the Windows update permanently

:)

MuhammadBadawi, Oct 20, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 20, 2018
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Oct 20, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Please rethink the issue of automatic windows update

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Please rethink the issue of automatic windows update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Please rethink the issue of automatic windows update

1. Please rethink the issue of automatic windows update - Similar Threads - Please rethink issue

2. Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply: Every few days, Windows restarts my computer from hibernation and destroys hours of work, requiring searching and re-writing data sets which also takes hours.Microsoft needs to stop this vandalism. I want the updating, I don't want the damage. I should be in control of my...
  3. Enough with the automatic updates, please.

Enough with the automatic updates, please.: When will someone from Microsoft say enough is enough. We don't want your forced updates messing up everything. Its such a let down and time waster. My next PC will be non Microsoft is, apple or chromeos but definitely not Microsoft....
  4. Issues after the updating the windows. Please help!!!

Issues after the updating the windows. Please help!!!: Hello, this is Sudarsan Birla, and I have problem with my Windows. My pc is responding weirdly. It is working really slowing and even the icons that I pinned to my taskbar are invisible even the hidden icons too. I cannot even open my start menu, the search bar and the...
  5. Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.

Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.: Hello, Months ago, your glorious updates messed up my computer. Just like always, I don't recall ever asking Windows to randomly shut down my computer, so it takes an hour or so updating. But it did, and users have always had little authority on their machines when it comes...
  6. Windows 10 automatic update - In the name of GOD, please stop automatic update feature

Windows 10 automatic update - In the name of GOD, please stop automatic update feature: I have a dell 3000 series laptop which i used only for browsing and some document writing. it came with windows 10 pre-installed. this stupid automatic update in windows 10 makes my laptop very slow during update and that irritates my to my death. I do not want these fancy...
  7. STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT

STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT: I don't care if this has been said before, if there is some workaround, or whatever. It's simple. Stop updating without my explicit consent. STOP IT. Make Windows STOP IT. Yes, I understand that updates are necessary. All you have to implement is one very SIMPLE FEATURE. No...
  8. Having Issues With Automatic Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Having Issues With Automatic Windows Update: Earlier in July I started having issues with Automatic Windows Updates and had to go to Manual for a time.. The last 3 CU updates were manually installed by necessity. My current OS is WIN 10 PRO 64 bit v1803 Build 17134.191 (as provided by the last CU WU KB4340917) I...
  9. Having Issues With Automatic Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Having Issues With Automatic Windows Update: Earlier in July I started having issues with Automatic Windows Updates and had to go to Manual for a time.. The last 3 CU updates were manually installed by necessity. My current OS is WIN 10 64 bit v1803 Build 17134.191 (as provided by the last CU WU KB4340917) I have...
  10. BitDefender And Automatic Updates Question, Please

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitDefender And Automatic Updates Question, Please: Hello, Two questions please: Using BitDefender. Windows did an automatic update, apparently, and wiped out a lot of my desktop icons. Although I am fairly sure that I still have BitDefender working, hopefully, the round desktop icon that was always displayed is not...