Windows 10: Please Set Registry Key

Discus and support Please Set Registry Key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to open a disk sent by my doctor of xray images. However, every time I open the program this error occurs "please set registry key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdrienneHanson, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Please Set Registry Key

I am trying to open a disk sent by my doctor of xray images. However, every time I open the program this error occurs "please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft.NetFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location

How do I change the Key?

:)

AdrienneHanson, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Darkfalz Win User

Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, Mar 18, 2019
  3. asyntax Win User
    ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Frogger Win User

Please Set Registry Key

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Please Set Registry Key

1. Please Set Registry Key - Similar Threads - Please Set Registry

2. Registry Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Key: hello, I'm wondering if this value found in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows is normal.the value name is "Load" with the value data of "C:\Windows\System32\msn.exe, C:\Windows\System32\msh.exe"thank you...
  3. Registry key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry key: How do I fix requested registry key not allowed in msi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-key/62df446d-c4af-49b0-b902-eb1898ce55b5
  4. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  5. Set two keys via registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Set two keys via registry: Hello Please somebody help, in Windows 10 64-bit 1903 , in settings under Search then first tab is Permissions & history I want to check if any of these 2 items can be set via registry a) Radio button : to Off b) button: Windows cloud search to Off thanks in advance for any...
  6. Set three keys via registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Set three keys via registry: Hello Please somebody help, in Windows 10 64-bit 1903 , in settings under Search then first tab is Permissions & history I want to check if any of these 3 items can be set via registry a) Radio button : to Off b) button: Windows cloud search to Off c) button " My device...
  7. Please provide me with a registry key. Windows 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please provide me with a registry key. Windows 1809: I accidently deleted the registry entry under this location. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ClipSVC I have Windows 10 64-bit Version 1809. I just need the default registry entry. If you know how to export a registry key it would be great help....
  8. .NET Framework Initialization Error - Please Set Registry Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework Initialization Error - Please Set Registry Key: Hello, I have a program called NeuroProgrammer. I believe the following error could have started after a recent Windows update, but I'm not sure. When I try to open the program, I get the following error: Please set registry key...
  9. Differences between Compatibility Troubleshooter and registry key set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Differences between Compatibility Troubleshooter and registry key set: Hi all, according to this tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html compatibility settings could be done in several ways. However, I'm experiencing a different behaviour if I set compatibility through registry key or through Program Compatibility...
  10. Multitasking Settings Registry keys

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Multitasking Settings Registry keys: Hey all, I am creating a heap of reg files for personal use so that when i format in the future, i can run a script to set windows 10 just how i want. I am having an issue finding any registry key linked to the following option System - Multitasking - "When I snap a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. please set registry key error

2. please set registry key hklm software .net framework installroot to point to the .net framework install location

3. set registry key to point to the .net framwork install location

4. HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point