Windows 10: "Please sign in with your Microsoft username and password"

Discus and support "Please sign in with your Microsoft username and password" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Wouldn't that be lovely. To have a Microsoft username and password. One that worked with everything Microcoft, a universal passport to all Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Tim923347, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Tim923347 Win User

"Please sign in with your Microsoft username and password"

Wouldn't that be lovely. To have a Microsoft username and password. One that worked with everything Microcoft, a universal passport to all Microsoft services.

Instead, we are stuck with at least two. An Azure and a Windows, never the Twain shall meet, distinct and unresolvable passwords.

So, why don't you name them as such? "Please sign in with your Windows account" and "Please sign in with your Office 365 account" instead of suggesting that such a unicorn as a "Microsoft" account exists? :-

In Micorosoft, who is accountable for unifying these polarised worlds and actually coming up with a universal Microsoft account? Anyone?

:)

Tim923347, Feb 16, 2020
  2. SDrake Win User

Microsoft Edge Remembering Username and Password

Hi. When I use Microsoft Edge and get on my school site, it never remembers my username and password. I never sign out, but everytime I reopen ME, I have to retype my username and password for my school sites. It only does this for my school sites. However,
    I use my school sites pretty regularly and don't want to have to sign in every time. Any suggestions to fix this "problem"? : )

SDrake, Feb 16, 2020
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

signing into Window

Hi Karen,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to change your Sign-in option in Windows 10 PC:

• Click Start, and then type netplwiz.
    • The command will appear as a search result in the Start menu search. Hit
      Enter on the result to open it.
    • User Accounts will appear. Select your user account and uncheck "User must enter a username and password to use this computer."
    • Enter your user account's password then click OK.

Note: If you are using a Microsoft account to sign in, you need to enter the full email address in the username box.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

1. "Please sign in with your Microsoft username and password" - Similar Threads - Please sign Microsoft

2. Lost sign in credentials, username and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost sign in credentials, username and password: Windows 10 sign in screen, asking for a new password and I don’t have the old one. I also do not have the username associated with my account.This was set up for me so as not to need login credentials. How to reestablish login credentials with my account?Windows 10New dell...
  3. Lost sign in credentials, username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost sign in credentials, username and password: Windows 10 sign in screen, asking for a new password and I don’t have the old one. I also do not have the username associated with my account.This was set up for me so as not to need login credentials. How to reestablish login credentials with my account?Windows 10New dell...
  4. Lost sign in credentials, username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device.: Today I signed into my MS account to use Teams and when I went back to logon to my computer, it was asking for a password instead of the usual PIN I have used for years. When I reset my password I get the message "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password...
  6. usernames and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    usernames and passwords: how do i access all my usernames and passwords. I had them written down but lost them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usernames-and-passwords/62585e2c-7c94-4fa2-98fe-5755f3f02907
  7. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: I am having a problem editing username through my microsoft password manager feature i want to edit username Found how to edit password but need to change username How is this done thru password manager...
  8. "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device": Despite being able to change my outlook password because my pc is connected... I removed my pin and updated windows 10 to fix the win 10 store not updating. Now when I try to log in, I get this issue. Everything I've tried, including safe mode, has it asking for my password...
  9. Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect": This day morning i tried to login a microsoft account into my laptop but its the same with the one i`m using same account but one login using email and one login using phone number to change my account type . When i finished the job i want to do , i want to change back my...
  10. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: how to find my internet password, it is connected from the router by cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/username-and-password/e547cfd0-01b9-4977-b36b-5094fb340f7d