Windows 10: Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference

Discus and support Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; In my short time here, I have noted many members seem to like Macrium Reflect, but I know there are other tools out there for disk imaging and backup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mta3006, Nov 26, 2018.

1. mta3006 Win User

Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference

In my short time here, I have noted many members seem to like Macrium Reflect, but I know there are other tools out there for disk imaging and backup. I currently use the disk image creator available in Control Panel -> System and Security -> Backup and Restore, but I understand the changes to Windows 10 keep coming, and want to investigate options for the future if this 'native' tool disappears. I also use SyncBackSE v5.20 for my data backups (I am old and cheap, and it still works...)

Please share your preferences, advice and wisdom! and be nice... *Smile

:)

mta3006, Nov 26, 2018
  2. geotso Win User

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Nov 26, 2018
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference

Automatic image backups?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you refer the below link to check if it helps you in backing up the files.

Refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-back-up-your-files

Also check with the Image backup option in Windows 10.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Control Panel.
    • Select Backup and restore and left pane select
      Create a system Image.
    • Follow the on screen steps and check.
    For any reason you need a backup of your Operating system then you can check with
    creating Windows ISO USB/Disk check the below link.

Windows 10 ISO disc/USB by creating a Media Creation Tool.

Windows 10:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference

1. Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference - Similar Threads - Please state disk

2. Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool: Acronis Problems.I have been having file-system corruption problems with Acronis True Image's "Linux Rescue Media" when restoring partitions.The partitions that get restored end up with a slightly corrupt NTFS records. Sometimes this is only evident after seeing driver...
  3. Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive Imaging problems -- Acronis vs W10 backup tool: Acronis Problems.I have been having file-system corruption problems with Acronis True Image's "Linux Rescue Media" when restoring partitions.The partitions that get restored end up with a slightly corrupt NTFS records. Sometimes this is only evident after seeing driver...
  4. Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk: I am looking for best solution for scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk, since backup/recovery will be discontinued in windows10. So MS is proposing a 3. party solution instead. I have been using easeus for long time, but now I am having critical...
  5. Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk: I am looking for best solution for scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk, since backup/recovery will be discontinued in windows10. So MS is proposing a 3. party solution instead. I have been using easeus for long time, but now I am having critical...
  6. Image Backup

Image Backup: I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C And E As System Drives Almost 600 GB. I Cant Find Any Way To Unselect Drive E Help. I Have Attached A Screenshot THX[IMG]...
  7. What is your favorite disk imaging/backup software for Windows 10?

What is your favorite disk imaging/backup software for Windows 10?: Hello everybody, please tell me, what is your preferred imaging software to backup individual devices in the private environment? No databases, exchange or similar just a typical private PC. Small, fast, reliable, differential backups would be nice, live (from the running...
  8. Windows Image Backup Tool

Windows Image Backup Tool: Hello community, I'm looking for windows 10 Backup and restore tool please advice me which is the best tool for backup and restore. Kind regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-image-backup-tool/2db83feb-d597-4055-9931-c49fe06feef5
  9. How can I make a disk image backup?

How can I make a disk image backup?: How can I make a disk image backup in WINDOWS 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-a-disk-image-backup/6941df78-1339-4c8e-a894-b1d40106b24e
  10. Previous backup Disk images with Win 7 , Keep?

Previous backup Disk images with Win 7 , Keep?: Now that my computers are updated to Windows 10 , are the old back up disk images with win7 of any use ? Can they even be used to revert back to Win 7 ? Should I just delete them and make new disk image with win 10. Tks 33838