Windows 10: Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference

Discus and support Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; In my short time here, I have noted many members seem to like Macrium Reflect, but I know there are other tools out there for disk imaging and backup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mta3006, Nov 26, 2018.

1. mta3006 Win User

Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference

In my short time here, I have noted many members seem to like Macrium Reflect, but I know there are other tools out there for disk imaging and backup. I currently use the disk image creator available in Control Panel -> System and Security -> Backup and Restore, but I understand the changes to Windows 10 keep coming, and want to investigate options for the future if this 'native' tool disappears. I also use SyncBackSE v5.20 for my data backups (I am old and cheap, and it still works...)

Please share your preferences, advice and wisdom! and be nice... *Smile

:)

mta3006, Nov 26, 2018
  2. geotso Win User

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Nov 26, 2018
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference

Automatic image backups?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you refer the below link to check if it helps you in backing up the files.

Refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-back-up-your-files

Also check with the Image backup option in Windows 10.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Control Panel.
    • Select Backup and restore and left pane select
      Create a system Image.
    • Follow the on screen steps and check.
    For any reason you need a backup of your Operating system then you can check with
    creating Windows ISO USB/Disk check the below link.

Windows 10 ISO disc/USB by creating a Media Creation Tool.

Windows 10:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference

1. Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference - Similar Threads - Please state disk

2. How long do your image backups take - Full Disk vs Diff vs Increment?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How long do your image backups take - Full Disk vs Diff vs Increment?: Just wanting to get an idea of backup completion times from other users out here... I use the forum favorite Macrium Reflect for my image backups. Last night I ran a full image backup of my C: & D: drives and it took approx 2 hrs & 50 mins for a full disk backup + image...
  3. How can I make a disk image backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I make a disk image backup?: How can I make a disk image backup in WINDOWS 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-a-disk-image-backup/6941df78-1339-4c8e-a894-b1d40106b24e
  4. Your Preferred Browser, Homepage & Email

in Browsers and Email
    Your Preferred Browser, Homepage & Email: New to W10. I've got myself all tied up in knots trying to decide upon a new browser, homepage & email. Have used Yahoo for decades on other OS' but with the hack of Yahoo email and Yahoo's pending sale I think it might be the right time to change. Your input is much wanted...
  5. Disk image

Disk image: I made a disk image using Reflex. I tried to do a restore to see how It would work. I ended up making 4 files all of which can be used to restore because they have all the folders and files that were backed up. Since I don’t need all of them I tried to delete them but they...
  6. image backup?

image backup?: Your're welcome. Now make an image backup of your system so you can always recover to a fully functional computer. image backup? you mean iso? and how? 50301
  7. Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis

Backup Disk image issue- does fragmentation transfer ? Acronis: The install on my wd black primary drive became corrupted. Tried for hours using dism and even a reinstall and nothing worked. I have a wd blue drive as my backup image. It is fine other than being heavily fragmented. It was at 20 and have it down to 12. If I use Acronis now...
  8. Image backup.

Image backup.: Trying to do an image backup in W10 "The drives that are required for windows to run will be included by default." The os is on disk drive c Another internal disk drive, H is classified by w10 as a system disk and also has to be backed up by default. Both C and H are...
  9. Previous backup Disk images with Win 7 , Keep?

Previous backup Disk images with Win 7 , Keep?: Now that my computers are updated to Windows 10 , are the old back up disk images with win7 of any use ? Can they even be used to revert back to Win 7 ? Should I just delete them and make new disk image with win 10. Tks 33838
  10. If you recovered W10 using a disk image please check......

in Windows 10 Support
    If you recovered W10 using a disk image please check......: that your Windows Update history is intact and correctly displayed. There seems to be a problem with W10 backup and restore that may involve two possible scenarios, although I can't say for certain at this time whether the second is a real issue or imagined. The...