Windows 10: Please stop changing my folders and contents

Discus and support Please stop changing my folders and contents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I stop Windows/Microsoft from changing MY folders and their contents? I also figured out they decided to throw out loads of MY photos & they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lucille gumbus, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Please stop changing my folders and contents

How can I stop Windows/Microsoft from changing MY folders and their contents? I also figured out they decided to throw out loads of MY photos & they were NOT in any OLD windows folder! I also have a ton of space on my drive, so there was no reason for it. I'm getting really fed up with the intrusion into my computers contents. They also love to make me new user accounts, while wiping out photos, task bar, short cuts, desktop. I unlink my one PC from OneDrive with about a 100 GB's of space & they threatened to freeze my account, and took away the 100 GB that I bought!! When will this end, because I'm not laughing.

:)

lucille gumbus, Jul 13, 2020

2. Viewing file folder contents

While viewing the contents of a file folder, I will scroll through them but if I stop scrolling for a few seconds, the view changes to the top of the file folder list. Is there a setting that controls/affects this?

KerryDeVore, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Please stop changing my folders and contents

How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing a network folder on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Please stop changing my folders and contents

1. Please stop changing my folders and contents - Similar Threads - Please stop changing

2. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  3. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  4. identify folders with no contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    identify folders with no contents: Hi,I am wondering if there is a way to hide folders or have some notification that there is no contents within them in windows explorer.We have a default structure of folders that we copy and rename for new projects and within, there are multiple folders below folders.Once...
  5. Folder changes contents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder changes contents: I was working on something and created a folder with .mp4 files inside. However, after shutting down my pc and turning it back on it, all the contents in the folder disappeared and there was just one .mp4 that i knew existed on my system, but i did not put it there. I use...
  6. Contents of mail folder.

Contents of mail folder.: The word verschickt just pooped in my mail folder, what is and how did it get their? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contents-of-mail-folder/95e7624a-5e0f-4521-8413-575347c05333"
  7. Folders have no content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders have no content: None of the folders in Windows Mail that I keep moving mail into have content. Does that mean those messages are just "gone"? [Original subject: Windows Mail] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-have-no-content/f8e1d7a3-4d85-47bd-959d-e552f86675da
  8. Contents of Folder

Contents of Folder: I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet, but the only way I know of that "MAY" work is to print the file names to an Adobe file and then convert them over to an...
  9. Automatically sync a folder when content change

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatically sync a folder when content change: I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but instead from an external USB drive. At this point I manually sync the external USB drive with the folder where I keep my...
  10. Wrong icon on a folder and its contents. How to change.

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong icon on a folder and its contents. How to change.: FreeFileSync is a respected and efficient freeware/donationware for carrying out backups of changed files (eg., documents, pictures etc.). My FreeFileSync profiles (which specify how changed files will be copied to the backup) now have Photoshop icons, both the enclosing...