Windows 10: Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work.

Discus and support Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im a contractor. I have to deliver work. I work long productive hours. This morning I have again lost all my work. I'm restarting now. Thats about 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NICHOLS Mac External, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work.

Im a contractor. I have to deliver work. I work long productive hours. This morning I have again lost all my work. I'm restarting now. Thats about 5 hours of my day gone. When I want an update I'll come looking. Dont force me please.

:)

NICHOLS Mac External, Aug 13, 2022

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 13, 2022
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Aug 13, 2022
  4. Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work.

automatic updates in windows 10 drastically slowed down the computer

Hi Holley,

Thank you for your post.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• Have you tried the steps suggested above?
    Let us try the following steps to disable the Windows update.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type Services.msc and press Enter.

• Search for Windows Update service from the list.

• Right Click on Windows Update from the list and select properties.

• In Properties Window Select Startup type as Disabled and Stop the Service.
    Windows 10 will not be automatically installing or downloading updates.

You may follow the same procedure and start the windows update service if you wish to update windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work.

1. Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work. - Similar Threads - Please stop automatic

2. I need to stop the automatic updates on Win 11. I am tired of losing my information. Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to stop the automatic updates on Win 11. I am tired of losing my information. Please...: Please, I want to stop the automatic updates and decide when to apply them manually. I want to switch them off completely so I can do them when I really can.Every time an automatic update takes place, I lose data because it restarts the computer no matter what application is...
  3. I need to stop the automatic updates on Win 11. I am tired of losing my information. Please...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to stop the automatic updates on Win 11. I am tired of losing my information. Please...: Please, I want to stop the automatic updates and decide when to apply them manually. I want to switch them off completely so I can do them when I really can.Every time an automatic update takes place, I lose data because it restarts the computer no matter what application is...
  4. Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply: Every few days, Windows restarts my computer from hibernation and destroys hours of work, requiring searching and re-writing data sets which also takes hours.Microsoft needs to stop this vandalism. I want the updating, I don't want the damage. I should be in control of my...
  5. Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply

Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply: Every few days, Windows restarts my computer from hibernation and destroys hours of work, requiring searching and re-writing data sets which also takes hours.Microsoft needs to stop this vandalism. I want the updating, I don't want the damage. I should be in control of my...
  6. Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work.: Im a contractor. I have to deliver work. I work long productive hours. This morning I have again lost all my work. I'm restarting now. Thats about 5 hours of my day gone. When I want an update I'll come looking. Dont force me please....
  8. Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work.

Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work.: Im a contractor. I have to deliver work. I work long productive hours. This morning I have again lost all my work. I'm restarting now. Thats about 5 hours of my day gone. When I want an update I'll come looking. Dont force me please....
  9. How to stop update 1903. Losing work!

How to stop update 1903. Losing work!: Hello All My two Thinkpads are unable to install Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903. A lot of people have this problem with other machines as well - my friend has a Dell laptop and my wife a Lenovo not Thinkpad. All the machine restart and then report back that the...
  10. STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT

STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT: I don't care if this has been said before, if there is some workaround, or whatever. It's simple. Stop updating without my explicit consent. STOP IT. Make Windows STOP IT. Yes, I understand that updates are necessary. All you have to implement is one very SIMPLE FEATURE. No...