Windows 10: Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt.

Discus and support Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line item is: c:\del /s/q/f d\*.* I am trying to delete all the files on my D drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JanellLarocque, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt.

Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line item is:

c:\del /s/q/f d\*.*

I am trying to delete all the files on my D drive. I get the following error:

The item at D:\ has children and the Recurse parameter was not specified.

I have spent hours trying to resolve this issue.

I can't believe how hard (in the name of improvement) something so simple like dos can be made so hard! It is then taken away and the harder version given to you and you are made to learn how to use it. Back in the olden days we used to have a phrase: user friendly. Powershell does not seem to be. Where is there a source with walk-over translations of the most used commands.

:)

JanellLarocque, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 21, 2019
  3. "Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent?

Hi experts,

I have a USB device that will malfunction from time to time and I've found by pressing the 'Reset Hub' button to disable/enable the Root Hub to which this device is connected, things will go back to normal once again.

Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt. [​IMG]

The thing is, I'd like to see if there is a command line / powershell equivalent of this button so I can write a batch file of some sort and use task scheduler to automate the USB reset. Any help appreciated !

Thank you.

seemebreakthis, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt.

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt. :)

Thema:

Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt.

1. Please tell me what the powershell equivalent for this command line prompt. - Similar Threads - Please tell powershell

2. please tell me what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please tell me what to do: hello thanks for information , but i have another problem with my computer. my computer and external hard disk work very good for more than a year . i one day my computer speaker did not work i try to back up speaker but still did not work . then i try to recovery my computer...
  3. please tell me what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please tell me what to do: hello thanks for information , but i have another problem with my computer. my computer and external hard disk work very good for more than a year . i one day my computer speaker did not work i try to back up speaker but still did not work . then i try to recovery my computer...
  4. What is the correct syntax usage for Command-Line Prompt Command REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage ....

What is the correct syntax usage for Command-Line Prompt Command REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage ....: What is the syntax Usage for the Command-Line Prompt Command REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage I Need This Because I an not able to Create a system repair disc because the Responce said "The files needed to create a system repair disc were not found on this computer. You can still...
  5. Powershell or Command prompt !

Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  6. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  7. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. "Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent?: Hi experts, I have a USB device that will malfunction from time to time and I've found by pressing the 'Reset Hub' button to disable/enable the Root Hub to which this device is connected, things will go back to normal once again. [img] The thing is, I'd like to see...
  9. please tell me what this is??,,Thnx!

please tell me what this is??,,Thnx!: Hi All, I just got a fresh Install of win 10 and noticed this[see screen shot] when I "right-click". [img] I had never noticed those numbers before? anyone know what they mean? THNX! ahead of time!*Smile 21706
  10. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838