Windows 10: Please wait screen flickers after I tried installing windows 10 on this laptop

Discus and support Please wait screen flickers after I tried installing windows 10 on this laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/antionioisdope [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/antionioisdope, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Please wait screen flickers after I tried installing windows 10 on this laptop

/u/antionioisdope, Nov 3, 2020
  2. barndoor Win User

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Please wait screen flickers after I tried installing windows 10 on this laptop

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Please wait screen flickers after I tried installing windows 10 on this laptop

1. Please wait screen flickers after I tried installing windows 10 on this laptop - Similar Threads - Please wait screen

2. Black screen + please wait

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen + please wait: Hello guysSo I have this problem with my laptop ROG STRIX, this started happening after I tried updating, but I think something went wrong and the last thing I saw is that it was undoing the changes.When powering on, it says please wait for a long period of time, like 10-15...
  3. Black screen + please wait

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen + please wait: Hello guysSo I have this problem with my laptop ROG STRIX, this started happening after I tried updating, but I think something went wrong and the last thing I saw is that it was undoing the changes.When powering on, it says please wait for a long period of time, like 10-15...
  4. Please wait in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please wait in windows 10: Whenever i start my laptop it shows please wait it has started coming from 2 to 3 months when ever i delete some files it dosent take much time to start but it always shows please wait and i cant fully clear everything because there are my important files to so when i need it...
  5. Windows 10 Laptop stuck on "Please Wait" screen after Reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Laptop stuck on "Please Wait" screen after Reset.: So my laptop is a Inspiron 15 and I no longer needed to use it, but my Mother however, was willing to buy it so before i gave it to her i had to get my stuff off of the laptop so I went to Settings and Reset the laptop didn't choose the wipe everything for recycle option I...
  6. Stuck on please wait screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on please wait screen: Hello so im trying to boot into safe mode cuz i could login in my pc i didnt forget password it was stuck on date/time screen and its stuck on blue please wait screen any help?...
  7. Stuck on "Please wait" screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Please wait" screen: Hi, I tried to reinstall my uncle's old pc today and give it a fresh windows 10, but a problem occurred. The installation went smoothly, the pc started and i went to the Windows update setting in the menu. It started downloading the 1909 update, and a few other things like...
  8. Windows 10 stuck on Please wait screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck on Please wait screen: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you start your Windows 10 computer, and it gets stuck on the “Please wait,” screen then here is how you can resolve the issue. After the computer starts, many system services start even before you log-in to the computer. [...] This post Windows 10 stuck...
  9. Hp windows 10, please wait screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hp windows 10, please wait screen: Just had my desktop frozen and make a hard restart, after tbat a please wait screen apears, can do nothing with that, tried several advices but nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-windows-10-please-wait-screen/e2fa2b94-abe0-4301-9097-a0a560b216da
  10. Laptop stuck on blue please wait screen after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck on blue please wait screen after restart: I have a Toshiba laptop which restarted itself (no idea why) & it is now stuck on a blue please wait screen with the turning circle. It is running windows 10 but it hasn't been updated as they were failing. If I can I just want to start it in safe mode to transfer the...