Windows 10: Plethora of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installs

Discus and support Plethora of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there any valid reason does Windows 10 need 5 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable x86 and 5 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by The Big Cheeze, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Plethora of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installs

Is there any valid reason does Windows 10 need 5 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable x86 and 5 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable x64 then also have 5-7 versions each of the x86 installs for 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, and 2015-2019 and additional 5-7 version of each of the x64 packages? This is a huge waste of space 3.1GB on large group of deployed laptops with limited storage space.

For instance why isn't Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x64 version 9.0.30729.6161 backwards compatible to the other four versions?

:)

The Big Cheeze, Feb 23, 2021

2. Visual C++ Redistributable won't install?

This issue might if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is not installed properly.

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select
    Programs and Features

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Refer to the below link:

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Andre Da Costa, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x64 Installation Failure

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select
    Programs and Features

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

Andre Da Costa, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Plethora of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installs

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) install problem

Thanks for the update on the result of you performing the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since you're still getting the error message, we suggest that you get in touch with the application developer to verify the compatibility of the app with Windows 10
    as well as confirm what other components it needs to install properly. The reason we are suggesting this is that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages are generally pre-installed in the Windows operating system and additional Microsoft Visual C++
    2008 SP1 Redistributable Packages may require an additional license to install.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Plethora of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installs

1. Plethora of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installs - Similar Threads - Plethora Microsoft Visual

2. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable: If a computer has many different versions, can the old ones be uninstalled safely?Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable 8.0.61001 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 10.0.30319 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 10.0.40219...
  3. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable: If a computer has many different versions, can the old ones be uninstalled safely?Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable 8.0.61001 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 10.0.30319 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 10.0.40219...
  4. Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable: Can anyone please confirm for me if you can "Safely" delete old versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable up-grades as I have so many clogging up my hard drive and have been since 2005. Any correct advice would be appreciated, even if it is pointing me into the...
  5. Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables: Hello. Can someone please helpe me I was actually running csgo without visual c++ redistributables and it somehow worked. And I was getting around 80 fps but when I installed the 2015-201920132012Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables I noticed some lag performance on my...
  6. REPEATED AGAIN: Plethora of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    REPEATED AGAIN: Plethora of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installs: I am going to keep posting this question until I receive a WORKABLE solution.Why do I have a so many copies and versions of MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ REDISTRUBUTABLES?I understand having a different version based on the version a particular application was built, and having x64...
  7. Microsoft visual c++ redistributable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft visual c++ redistributable: Hi, i bought brand new laptop, immediately upon turning it on, I got windows update, after restart, laptop started autoinstalling Microsoft visual c++ hybrid on his own... So what is hybrid? Why not regular one? Is hybrid also officially from Microsoft? I got 12 total, 8 of...
  8. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables: How do we know that which program is using what Redistributable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-redistributables/2fb060a0-a830-431f-9930-ba0e03640005
  9. microsoft visual C++ redistributable

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft visual C++ redistributable: how can i get them back microsoft visual C++ redistributable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-redistributable/10eaae59-2a41-47c4-9719-74d08f1af698
  10. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013,2017. Are tall of them the same, i mean just an upgraded version of the first one. Do i need to have them all instaled on my pc?, thanks...