Windows 10: Plex installed, but not showing up as an app in Family

Discus and support Plex installed, but not showing up as an app in Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Our family shares a laptop. We all have separate accounts, each tied to a microsoft account, and I can see all the family members listed at... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Capt_Insano, May 7, 2020.

1. Plex installed, but not showing up as an app in Family

Our family shares a laptop. We all have separate accounts, each tied to a microsoft account, and I can see all the family members listed at https://account.microsoft.com/family/.

I can block my kids' access to some apps, like Chrome, and this works fine.

However, I use Plex on my account, but I don't want the kids to use it. But, Plex doesn't show up on the list of apps in the family safety website, so I can't block it.

Appreciate any help.

Best,

Insano

:)

Capt_Insano, May 7, 2020
  2. Rory_M Win User

getting error 0x800700ce installing app windows 10 mobile, 950xl, plex

I got the new 950XL and the plex app will not install from the app store. It will download and then i get "try that again error - see details". the details show something went wrong the error code is 0x800700CE, in case you need it. I've restarted the phone
    and tried re-downloading and i still get the same error. All other apps are downloading properly.

This needs to be addressed.

This is what the plex forums said

A quick search shows that the error is about a filepath being too long. That is pretty bizarre, considering the store should really be smart enough to handle issues.

Are you installing to SD card? Maybe you can try to phone memory?

Unfortunately this is totally out of our control.

Rory_M, May 7, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, May 7, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Plex installed, but not showing up as an app in Family

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Plex installed, but not showing up as an app in Family

1. Plex installed, but not showing up as an app in Family - Similar Threads - Plex installed showing

2. Lock button not showing up in Family Safety App on IOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock button not showing up in Family Safety App on IOS: Hi! I have installed the Family Safety App on my IOS device and configured it with my son's Windows laptop. However, the "Lock" button that would instantly lock the computer doesn't show up in the app, it shows up only in the browser version. Also, when I unlock the device...
  3. Lock button not showing up in Family Safety App on IOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock button not showing up in Family Safety App on IOS: Hi! I have installed the Family Safety App on my IOS device and configured it with my son's Windows laptop. However, the "Lock" button that would instantly lock the computer doesn't show up in the app, it shows up only in the browser version. Also, when I unlock the device...
  4. 1 of 3 similar computers not showing up on family app

1 of 3 similar computers not showing up on family app: I recently bought 3 PC's with windows 11 and made Microsoft accounts for each of my kids so that they can login to any one of the 3 computers and I can track their individual usage on each computer. 2 of the 3 computers show up on the Family App with the actual computer name...
  5. 1 of 3 similar computers not showing up on family app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 of 3 similar computers not showing up on family app: I recently bought 3 PC's with windows 11 and made Microsoft accounts for each of my kids so that they can login to any one of the 3 computers and I can track their individual usage on each computer. 2 of the 3 computers show up on the Family App with the actual computer name...
  6. Microsoft Family: Any VPN not showing up in app list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family: Any VPN not showing up in app list: So, I've seen all the advice about going into the Microsoft Family app list and blocking once it's downloaded, but my kid has downloaded "Any VPN" twice and it still doesn't show up in the app list for me to block. Any advice?...
  7. Microsoft Family: Any VPN not showing up in app list

Microsoft Family: Any VPN not showing up in app list: So, I've seen all the advice about going into the Microsoft Family app list and blocking once it's downloaded, but my kid has downloaded "Any VPN" twice and it still doesn't show up in the app list for me to block. Any advice?...
  8. Microsoft Family: Any VPN not showing up in app list

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. Family Controls not showing all installed apps

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Controls not showing all installed apps: I'm trying to set up app controls for my child's account. All seems to have worked, except that when I try to set individual app limits none of the installed games on the local machine show up in the list. In fact the list of installed applications seems to be the default...
  10. I HATE the Store -- How to Hose up perfectly good apps (PLEX)

I HATE the Store -- How to Hose up perfectly good apps (PLEX): Hi there I made the mistake of installing PLEX via the store -- what a dogs dinner they've made of the PLEX app -- complicated to use - no easy way to add libraries / modify libraries etc and can't find any way that it stays as a system service in the hidden system icons...