Windows 10: Plex media server, unable to download or sign in

Discus and support Plex media server, unable to download or sign in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! My Plex media server used to work fine, until recently. Now I'm unable to sign in or connect to plex.tv at all. Also trying to re-install plex... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoelC, Mar 23, 2018.

1. JoelC Win User

Plex media server, unable to download or sign in

Hello!
    My Plex media server used to work fine, until recently. Now I'm unable to sign in or connect to plex.tv at all. Also trying to re-install plex media server via browser (chrome, edge, firefox) only leads to a spinning loading circle. Pictures attached, feel free to ask any questions.

Plex app also installed on PS4 also not able to connect to plex or sign in. Both stopped working at the same time. So maybe a network issue? PS4 and PC are on wired connections.

Win10 x64
    Processor i5 3570k
    Ram 8 GB

:)

JoelC, Mar 23, 2018
  2. Cinel73 Win User

Media Centre extender with X-Box 360 not suported on the Windows 10 upgrade

I have solved the problem by installing Plex media server on my computer and the plex client on the xbox 360 .... Way better...

Cinel73, Mar 23, 2018
  3. PLEX Media Server fails to start after anniversary update - MFPlat.dll not found

tried to installed plex media server but it failed how do it work by window 10 today

SurfaceBrick564, Mar 23, 2018
  4. Plex media server, unable to download or sign in

Hi and Welcome to TenForums (After four years)!

I just connected to my Plex account and was able to login. I even updated my Plex server to the latest version to make sure that wasn't the problem.

Have you contacted Plex support about not being able to access your account?

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 24, 2018
  5. JoelC Win User
    .I contacted Plex and they suggested something as simple as a DNS problem. Changed the automatic DNS to google's and it worked

JoelC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Plex media server, unable to download or sign in

1. Plex media server, unable to download or sign in - Similar Threads - Plex media server

2. can't access plex media folder on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't access plex media folder on file explorer: helloi can't access my QNAP plex media folder from file exploreri'm using a desktop with win10on the Qlog it says "deny smb1 host security limitation" but in the settings ithas SMB3 highest and SMB2.1 lowestQNAP support said it could be my virus protection AVG blocking it,...
  3. can't access plex media folder on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't access plex media folder on file explorer: helloi can't access my QNAP plex media folder from file exploreri'm using a desktop with win10on the Qlog it says "deny smb1 host security limitation" but in the settings ithas SMB3 highest and SMB2.1 lowestQNAP support said it could be my virus protection AVG blocking it,...
  4. can't access plex media folder on file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 Desktop used as a PLEX server and file server for my house...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop used as a PLEX server and file server for my house...: I have a WIN 10 PC with a processor/motherboard combination that can't be upgraded to WIN 11. It currently has 2 1TB SSD and 2 4TB HDD. The first issue I had was understanding how the storage pool was seeing and utilizing the drives. It's my wife's PC she uses while working...
  6. Power Plan for Plex Server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Plan for Plex Server: Running a plex server from laptop, I have it set to never sleep. I'm not worried about power consumption only hardware degradation. Anyone here who's running plex do you keep your server on 24/7? submitted by /u/ImpossibleKFC [link] [comments]...
  7. Plex media server on Windows --How do you shut it down properly.

Plex media server on Windows --How do you shut it down properly.: Hi there I can't see any way of stopping PLEX Media server on Windows - simply closing the web client doesn't shut the program down - it's still there in the background. On Linux it's easy --just a command similar to service plexmediaserver stop / start / restart. I...
  8. Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server

Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server: Hi there. Does anybody know if the Amazon Fire TV usb stick will allow the PLEX media server to stream movies from your computer to the TV. I was thinking of getting one of these to use in a "Non smart" but USB capable TV. I can have PLEX running on the computer so can...
  9. Plex media server -new version needs WRITE access to update libraries

Plex media server -new version needs WRITE access to update libraries: Hi there I'm not sure why PLEX needs full write access on your media libraries to update its database. Only granting READ access I notice that a library update doesn't include the new media files I've added. READ/WRITE access -- no problems. I can't see though that...
  10. Plex Media Server with Windows 10...Network Path Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Plex Media Server with Windows 10...Network Path Not Found: I recently found a good deal on a refurb HP Z420 workstation PC running windows 10 pro and decided to pick it up and use it as a dedicated Plex Media Server for my home network. I have it setup and on the network, but I can't seem to be able to share files to it. My main...