Windows 10: Plug and Play configuration error

Discus and support Plug and Play configuration error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I reconfigure misidentified devices in Device manager on Win10. It's an arudino-based STEM robot, and it recognizes the device as an HID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ToddD888, Mar 30, 2021.

1. ToddD888 Win User

Plug and Play configuration error

How do I reconfigure misidentified devices in Device manager on Win10. It's an arudino-based STEM robot, and it recognizes the device as an HID compliant mouse and Microsoft Serial Ballpoint. How do I correct this? I have the proper drivers. This is the second device, and I've had this problem on 2 different laptops.

:)

ToddD888, Mar 30, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

My plug and play is still on running after 2.5 Hours

Hi Declan,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to stop the plug and play service and again start the service and check the status of this issue. Follow the steps below to stop the Plug and Play service.

• Press Windows Key + R key

• Type “Services.msc” and press Enter

• Right click on Plug and Play and click on stop

• Again start the service.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Plug and Play configuration error

Audio playing through speakers while headphones are plugged in

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience and at the same time we appreciate the effort you have put in to resolve the issue.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check what are the playback devices configured in Windows. Follow the below steps.

1) Open sound from Control Panel.

2) See if the devices are set correct in the playback window. Also, right click anywhere and choose show disabled Devices to find out if any of the devices are not configured properly.

3) Amongst the listed items disable and re-enable your headphone device and repeat the same steps for speakers.

Next, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help link and check if it helps to resolve the issue at the first place.

Fix sound problems

Though unclear if you have already deployed the mentioned troubleshooters, I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter. This is a diagnostic which helps to identify any potential issues present
    in your PC.

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Playing Audio option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter

Note: Also use the Hardware and Device troubleshooter from the view all list,

If it still does not help, access the laptop manufacturer’s website and download the latest sound drivers, install it and check if it works fine and if it switches to speaker
    automatically from headphones when it’s plugged in.

Write to us with the updates status and the required information related to audio output in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Plug and Play configuration error

1. Plug and Play configuration error - Similar Threads - Plug Play configuration

2. Plug n Play not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plug n Play not working: been having this issue for the past 5 years since i moved to win 10 the issue is that after a period of time plug N play stops recognizing unplugging and plugging in of devices forcing me to wither restart the hole pc or logging off this have been an issue across 10+ fresh...
  3. Plug n Play not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plug n Play not working: been having this issue for the past 5 years since i moved to win 10 the issue is that after a period of time plug N play stops recognizing unplugging and plugging in of devices forcing me to wither restart the hole pc or logging off this have been an issue across 10+ fresh...
  4. plug-and-play device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    plug-and-play device: So I don't know why but for a few days my pc crashes or got blue screns with the error codes: irql not less or equal kmode exception not handled kernel security check failure I looked in the program perform record what the problem is and it turned out that there is an...
  5. Code 10 error with a 'plug and play' midi device.

Code 10 error with a 'plug and play' midi device.: I recently bought a new laptop asus vivobook 15 x512da and I tried connecting a USB midi device Alesis triggerIO to my laptop. Once this happens, in settings it simply says driver error. When in device manager, it comes up with this. [ATTACH] Here is a list of things i...
  6. Plug & Play

Plug & Play: My laptop upgraded to Windows 10 won't recognize my mp3 player or my phone when I plug them in via USB. The computer doesn't warn me that the drivers are missing, it doesn't even acknowledge that they are plugged in. It does power either device when they are plugged in, but I...
  7. Plug & Play Causing Error On Startup

Plug & Play Causing Error On Startup: Hi to the community, I have a question regarding my situation, I'll try to explain the situation the best I could. "I have a mouse that also comes with a custom software / driver which needs to be installed. Whenever I plug in the mouse, I need to run the software for the...
  8. Configuration error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Configuration error: We had a bad storm last week and I unplugged my laptop and printer. When the weather was better I plugged everything back in and logged onto my laptop and tried to print a recipe and the configuration error 0x8007007e appeared on my print screen. I still have not figured...
  9. Plug and Play

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Plug and Play: Plug and Play will not recognize USB connection of exterior WD1000 hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plug-and-play/99cc0501-49ca-481d-bde7-1a0b9100f1f3
  10. Plug n Play Issue

Plug n Play Issue: Hi All I recently updated to windows 10 bt since then as i plug in my external harddisk it cannot be detected until i reboot the machine again.... Kindly assist Fellows 28530