Windows 10: Plug in charger sound?

Discus and support Plug in charger sound? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like Windows to make a sound when I plug and unplug my power cable. Is that at all possible?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndreiTaranu, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Plug in charger sound?

I would like Windows to make a sound when I plug and unplug my power cable. Is that at all possible?

:)

AndreiTaranu, Oct 31, 2019

2. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Oct 31, 2019
  3. lemontree Win User
    Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

My issue is the same as in this question, but none of the answers there helped solving my problem, so I'm hoping to get alternative suggestions here.

My laptop (Acer Aspire S5-391 with Windows 10 Home 64 bit) makes an annoying beep sound whenever I plug or unplug the charger, which I'd like to disable.

The following solutions I found in the linked question and in other places did not work for me:

• My BIOS doesn't provide a setting for power control beep.
    • My playback device settings don't show the "PC speaker" bar, so I can't mute it.
    • I don't have the Realtek audio driver, so I can't uninstall it. When I automatically search for a new audio driver via device manager, the search won't terminate. When I donwload the driver from the Acer Support site, I am only offered the Realtek driver (which seems to be a possible cause of the problem according to some sites) which anyway fails to install.
    • My device manager doesn't show Non-Plug and Play Drivers, even after enabling "Show hidden devices", and therefore I can't see and disable the "Beep" device. According to LPChip's comment on DavidPostill's answer, in Windows 10 the "Beep" entry is labelled as "System devices" > "System speakers", so see the next bullet point.
    • Edit after DavidPostill's updated answer My device manager doesn't show "system speakers" under "system devices" (which seems to be the equivalent to the above for Windows 10), so I can't disable them. Possibly my laptop doesn't have separate system speakers so the beep comes from the normal built-in speakers, in which case I probably won't be able to manipulate something in the device manager without also affecting all other sounds.
    • "Default beep" in the system sounds I already have disabled (so this apparently isn't the correct option anyway).

Gloabally disabling sounds mutes the beep, but is not a desired workaround for me - I only want to get rid of the charger beep, but still want to hear other default system sounds (or at least some, I alreay configured these in the control panel, but didn't find an option specifically for the charger beep; I think this is a matter of driver or BIOS settings rather than default Windows settings, but am not completely sure).

lemontree, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Plug in charger sound?

Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

My laptop makes an annoying beep sound whenever I plug or unplug the charger.

Windows 8.1/Windows 10:

Disable the System Speaker device:

1. Open "Device Manager".
    2. Scroll down to "System Devices".
    3. Click on "+"
    4. Right click on "System Speaker".
    5. Select "Disable"
    6. Restart your computer.

Beep should be permanently disabled.

Windows 7:

Disable the Beep device:

Source Disabling awful power cord beep?

DavidPostill, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Plug in charger sound?

1. Plug in charger sound? - Similar Threads - Plug charger sound

2. Charger plug out notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charger plug out notification: How to set notification for charger plug out in windows 11. Because laptop battery only hold for 10 minutes and suddenly power off. Is there any vbs code avalible for notify? If available please provide for me. Windows 7 i use brightness for notify but windows 11 that option...
  3. Charger plug out notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Charger plug out notification: How to set notification for charger plug out in windows 11. Because laptop battery only hold for 10 minutes and suddenly power off. Is there any vbs code avalible for notify? If available please provide for me. Windows 7 i use brightness for notify but windows 11 that option...
  4. Lag When Charger Plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag When Charger Plugged: how do i fix when charger plug in it cause my laptop to lag this started happening yesterday im sure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-charger-plugged/08cfc4af-f10d-486a-80cc-1bbc87b910a4
  5. Lag When Charger Plugged

Lag When Charger Plugged: how do i fix when charger plug in it cause my laptop to lag this started happening yesterday im sure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-charger-plugged/08cfc4af-f10d-486a-80cc-1bbc87b910a4
  6. Charger is Plugged in but not charging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charger is Plugged in but not charging.: I bought this laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 15" this year 15 Aug 2022. I updated the laptop as soon as Windows 11 new update came. But after updating for first few days heavy battery drain was noticed. Today a new problem arised, laptop was plugged in but the battery...
  7. Charger is Plugged in but not charging.

Charger is Plugged in but not charging.: I bought this laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 15" this year 15 Aug 2022. I updated the laptop as soon as Windows 11 new update came. But after updating for first few days heavy battery drain was noticed. Today a new problem arised, laptop was plugged in but the battery...
  8. tabs close with plugged in charger

tabs close with plugged in charger: why does my chrome tabs close whenever i plug in my charger? it reopens them again, but only after it exits out yto the homescreen. Then restarts the tab. When i plug in the charger it shows a mini black window tab then closes itself. and thats when they restart the tabs. It...
  9. tabs close with plugged in charger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tabs close with plugged in charger: why does my chrome tabs close whenever i plug in my charger? it reopens them again, but only after it exits out yto the homescreen. Then restarts the tab. When i plug in the charger it shows a mini black window tab then closes itself. and thats when they restart the tabs. It...
  10. tabs close with plugged in charger

in Windows 10 Gaming