Windows 10: Plug in Headphone, but Sound Usually Stays on Internal Speakers

Discus and support Plug in Headphone, but Sound Usually Stays on Internal Speakers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I posted a similar question with all the details under "Devices and Drivers" on May 29th but have not received a single response. I'm hoping this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JCW2, Jun 5, 2020.

1. JCW2 Win User

Plug in Headphone, but Sound Usually Stays on Internal Speakers

I posted a similar question with all the details under "Devices and Drivers" on May 29th but have not received a single response. I'm hoping this issue is within the ken of somebody here. If so, should I move the entire question here, or can you respond there at "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-d69a-47bf-aa05-15091a0447e9?tm=1589658144016"?

Otherwise is there a better place to post this? Thanks in advance! -- JCW2

:)

JCW2, Jun 5, 2020
  2. StevePYYZ Win User

no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

StevePYYZ, Jun 6, 2020
  3. txstoby Win User
    Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Jun 6, 2020
  4. goozletc Win User

Sound stays in integrated speakers when plug speakers/headphones

In previous versions of Windows (Windows XP, Windows 7 etc) when I plug a device in the headphone port, like headphones or external speaker, the sound would automatically switch to the external device. And when I unplug the device the sound would automatically
    switch back to the integrated speaker. I did not have to go into the playback devices and st the default.

I keep reading Microsoft bragging that Windows 10 is the same as previous versions only better. This annoying problem is a step backwards.

Please fix it with a software update.

goozletc, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Plug in Headphone, but Sound Usually Stays on Internal Speakers - Similar Threads - Plug Headphone Sound

2. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged: after reinstall windows 10 no speakers or headphone plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-no-speakers-or-headphone-plugged/09f9bee2-88bf-43fe-8521-66392e32e827
  3. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged: after reinstall windows 10 no speakers or headphone plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-no-speakers-or-headphone-plugged/09f9bee2-88bf-43fe-8521-66392e32e827
  4. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  6. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  7. No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker

No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker: My laptop cannot recognize the internal speakers. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting my computer, but it did not reinstall the driver. When I run the sound troubleshooter, it says "No output device found." It appears that my laptop can't recognize my speakers as a...
  8. Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers: Use Windows 10 PC (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041) and a pair of HC Gamerlife Headphones (ASIN: B07BHYZFLF). They have been working fine, but recently (within the last day or so) any audio I play on the computer comes out through both the headphones and the computer's...
  9. Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in': The sound is not working and it does not even register my laptops speakers as existing, there is a red x on the volume icon on the bottom of my page. The sound does however playback when I connect a Bluetooth device and it plays back on the device just fine. When I disconnect...
  10. no sound on speaker but have sound while plugged in headphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no sound on speaker but have sound while plugged in headphone: my laptop suddenly does not have sound on speaker, only while i plugged in my headphone. I have tried every thing that discussed on the internet such as reinstall, disable the driver....