Windows 10: Plug in Microphone not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Plug in Microphone not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I get a Plug in Microphone to work on Windows 10? When troubleshooting, problem found was: Generic Audio Driver. How do I resolve?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shayla21, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Shayla21 Win User

Plug in Microphone not working on Windows 10

How do I get a Plug in Microphone to work on Windows 10?

When troubleshooting, problem found was: Generic Audio Driver.

How do I resolve?

:)

Shayla21, Mar 14, 2019
  2. makesense Win User

Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Mar 14, 2019
  3. microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Plug in Microphone not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Plug Microphone working

2. Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected: Recently, I tried using my microphone, yet found it wasn't working despite using it only a few weeks prior. I went through a few settings and found out that my microphone is apparently (which is set to default by the way) not plugged, however it definitely is as I can see it...
  3. Microphone showing not plugged in

Microphone showing not plugged in: Hello, I just got a new headset and plugged in both the sound and audio jacks. The audio is working fine however, the microphone is not working at all. When I go to the sound control panel, it shows that my microphone is not plugged in even though it is. Can anyone help? Im...
  4. microphone is not "Plugged in"

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone is not "Plugged in": So up until 3 days ago the microphone in my headphones were working perfectly. But then I updated my computer and now the computer says that my headphones are working which they are but it also says that my microphone is not plugged in which they are because they are in my...
  5. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...
  6. Microphone Not Working In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Not Working In Windows 10: My microphone not working HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working-in-windows-10/f198b5dc-eef8-4bbf-8f8f-727d7770d3a6
  7. USB plug and Play microphone not working properly

USB plug and Play microphone not working properly: Hi, I have a problem with thi plug and play devices, its a microphone and the problem is it's too quiet. The solution I've found is to uninstall the device form the USB tab in devmgmt.msc, reboot the system and then plug in the microphone and let windows re-install it. Now,...
  8. Microphone not plugged in? (Windows 10)

Microphone not plugged in? (Windows 10): Hello. I've recently bought a microphone, which worked perfectly, until some days ago. After some windows update I did, the microphone doesn't take sound, and says "not plugged in". Whenever I go to the troubleshooter, it says "plug in the microphone" which is certainly not...
  9. Microphone 'Not plugged in'?

Microphone 'Not plugged in'?: I have recently updated from windows 8.1 to 10. After the update, I plugged in my headphones where the speakers are perfectly fine (playback device) but why does the microphone (recording device) say 'not plugged in' when it clearly is? It was perfectly working on windows 8.1...
  10. None of the microphones plug-in play work

None of the microphones plug-in play work: *Sad I have done everything I know to do from uninstalling, reinstalling, getting a new usb sound card -- everything. I have using Windows 10. And I have several mics most in headphones, but one external usb mic. Everyone of them work for a moment -- then mute themselves...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plug in microphone not working on asus 2019

2. im plugging in microphone but its not recording audio

3. plug and play headphones not detected

4. use a plug in microphone windows 10