Windows 10: Plug in Microphone not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Plug in Microphone not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I get a Plug in Microphone to work on Windows 10? When troubleshooting, problem found was: Generic Audio Driver. How do I resolve?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shayla21, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Shayla21 Win User

Plug in Microphone not working on Windows 10

How do I get a Plug in Microphone to work on Windows 10?

When troubleshooting, problem found was: Generic Audio Driver.

How do I resolve?

:)

Shayla21, Mar 14, 2019
  2. makesense Win User

Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Mar 14, 2019
  3. microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Plug in Microphone not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Plug Microphone working

2. Microphone not working when earphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working when earphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my earphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my earphones is not working. I attempted to disable the earphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  4. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  5. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

6. Microphone not plugged in (it is)

Microphone not plugged in (it is): My Microphone was fine until i decided to clean up my room, after that i plugged it back in and it did not work. My computer said it wasn't plugged it and it is, help would be appreciated 156417
  7. Microphone not plugged in.

Microphone not plugged in.: This will only take 6 minutes to read... In sound panel > recording my microphone says: not plugged in. Even though it is plugged in. My microphone will turn on a light when ever it is connected to anything and gets power. My computer will only give sound from the computer...
  8. Microphone not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone not working when plugged in: When I plug my headset into my computer running windows 10 home, the microphone doesn't work, however when it is unplugged the microphone does work. I've checked if the cable is broken, and it isn't as the microphone works on all my other devices. I've run the troubleshooter...
  9. Microphone not plugged in? (Windows 10)

Microphone not plugged in? (Windows 10): Hello. I've recently bought a microphone, which worked perfectly, until some days ago. After some windows update I did, the microphone doesn't take sound, and says "not plugged in". Whenever I go to the troubleshooter, it says "plug in the microphone" which is certainly not...
  10. None of the microphones plug-in play work

None of the microphones plug-in play work: *Sad I have done everything I know to do from uninstalling, reinstalling, getting a new usb sound card -- everything. I have using Windows 10. And I have several mics most in headphones, but one external usb mic. Everyone of them work for a moment -- then mute themselves...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plug in microphone not working on asus 2019

2. plug and play mic not showing

3. plug in mic for windows

4. plug in mic not working windows,
  5. plug and play microphone not working,
  6. plug in microphone not working windows 10,
  7. plug in mic not working,
  8. plug in microphone not working,
  9. plug in microphone in windows 10,
  10. run mus mic not working,
  11. mic plug in for windows 10,