Windows 10: Plug in microphone won't work with laptop and don't know how to fix. Please help!

Discus and support Plug in microphone won't work with laptop and don't know how to fix. Please help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have a condenser microphone (VIM VIP?????) and I wanted to do some recording with it as it is of a much nicer quality than the microphone on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by budgiesCanFly, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Plug in microphone won't work with laptop and don't know how to fix. Please help!

Hi.

I have a condenser microphone (VIM VIP?????) and I wanted to do some recording with it as it is of a much nicer quality than the microphone on my laptop, but it doesn't work and sound stops playing through the speakers (no idea why it is not a headset and there is only 1 place I can plug it into my laptop which I think is supposed to be for headphones and microphones). I have tried looking up how to fix it on the internet but this hasn't helped as the advice online doesn't seem to cover what you do when your device doesn't show up at all on the recording devices window (bit where you can do stuff with device settings). I think the Microphone is a "plug and play" device so there shouldn't be an issue with device drivers right? (although I have previously used it on a different computer).The microphone has the standard sort of plug that you see on earbuds, I think. (3.5mm?????) The laptop I am using is a "Lenovo ideapad 330S" and it has the windows 10 OS.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks Plug in microphone won't work with laptop and don't know how to fix. Please help! :)

:)

budgiesCanFly, Dec 14, 2018

2. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

I can´t find anything that addresses my actual problem.I have seen that others have also experienced this problem but I have not found a solution that works. My ProBook was originally Win 7 pro, updated to Win 10 pro but HP won´t update because of its age (for me, brand new-just bought it a few days ago) so I don´t really know what to do. Sure, just a minor glitch but a very irritating one (that orange is just way too bright!) that should be a snap to fix (or not-I don´t know, I think my 4 year old granddaughter has better computer skills than I do!) English is not the default language so many of the commands must be translated-just another hassel to deal with. I finally found the systemconfig. box. Selective start and discovered that ALL the service boxes are checked. Good, bad, doesn´t make a difference: I just don´t know.

mrsnakeman, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

For my model only up to win7 is listed and HP says that it does not provide win 10 upgrades for a laptop my age. Don´t know how to open or use msconfig-my computer skills are very selective and all in all very poor.

mrsnakeman, Dec 14, 2018
  4. tops Win User

Plug in microphone won't work with laptop and don't know how to fix. Please help!

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Plug in microphone won't work with laptop and don't know how to fix. Please help!

1. Plug in microphone won't work with laptop and don't know how to fix. Please help! - Similar Threads - Plug microphone won't

2. Microphone won't work with RealtekR Audio driver. Please Help :

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone won't work with RealtekR Audio driver. Please Help :: For reference, i'm currently running a Windows 10, with a GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 rev. 1.x motherboard, and have been for roughly the past year or so. But ever since the latest version of realtek has overtaken my audio systems, basically everything's been screwed. My computer...
  3. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.: I run a Minecraft server to play with friends. The file that runs the server is named "start.bat". So I set it to startup when the PC was turned on. I no longer wanted it to startup when powering on so I went into startup apps and disabled "start". I disabled the wrong start....
  4. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.: I run a Minecraft server to play with friends. The file that runs the server is named "start.bat". So I set it to startup when the PC was turned on. I no longer wanted it to startup when powering on so I went into startup apps and disabled "start". I disabled the wrong start....
  5. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. I don't know how to fix this please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know how to fix this please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arun071 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izlwsm/i_dont_know_how_to_fix_this_please_help/
  7. Please help I Don't know how to fix

Please help I Don't know how to fix: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ilyosjon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/imh5ry/please_help_i_dont_know_how_to_fix/
  8. PLEASE HELP Microphone not working

PLEASE HELP Microphone not working: My microphone has not been working for the past few days, and I'm getting pretty pissed. I've done device manager shit, I've installed and reinstalled various suggested drivers, and I've reset my pc numerous times to try and get my (functioning) mic working again. I've...
  9. I don't know how to fix this or what happened. Please help

I don't know how to fix this or what happened. Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Joepat14 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gih0c2/i_dont_know_how_to_fix_this_or_what_happened/
  10. Stressed out, don't know how to fix... please help!

Stressed out, don't know how to fix... please help!: Hello, so today I got a new razer headset and I tried to plugin and I immediately got so many errors from my pc via Audio devices, me being stupid I uninstalled the RealTekHD audio driver and then AMD audio driver and now I can't install either of them, when I try to install...