Windows 10: Plug in speakers and external monitor do not work with new XP PC?

Discus and support Plug in speakers and external monitor do not work with new XP PC? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plug both of these items into my new PC neither of them work? What happened to plug and play? I have a nice pair of Bose stereo speakers that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlKenney, Apr 22, 2021.

1. AlKenney Win User

Plug in speakers and external monitor do not work with new XP PC?

When I plug both of these items into my new PC neither of them work? What happened to plug and play? I have a nice pair of Bose stereo speakers that don't play anymore...

:)

AlKenney, Apr 22, 2021

2. Monitor speakers not working post windows 10

I have just upgraded to windows 10 from 7 XP. Monitor has in built speakers, but no sound. External plug in speakers are fine. Any ideas? Monitor is a acer AL1914.

Thanks

ClaireLouiseDevon, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Susan Win User
    HP vp17 integrated speakers not working

I have a new HP computer running Windows 10. I connected an HP vp17 monitor with integrated speakers that won't work. I have changed the audio cord and checked for updated drivers. When external speakers are plugged into the audio on the pc, they work fine but not the speakers on the monitor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Susan, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Plug in speakers and external monitor do not work with new XP PC?

How to get sound through headphones or external monitor by default (XPS-13)

When I plug my Dell XPS-13 into an external monitor via DisplayPort, I want the sound to come through the monitor, not the internal speakers.

When I plug a headset into the XPS-13 (whether or not it's attached to a monitor), I want sound to come through the headphones.

i.e. I want the following priority:

So I set the default audio device, bit I can only select "Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)", OR the monitor's audio, as default.

Problem is, this treats the internal speakers the same as the headphones, since it's a combines "Speakers / Headphones" option, so I don't get the desired behaviour.

How can I get this to automatically switch without manually changing the sound device each time?

Luigi Plinge, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Plug in speakers and external monitor do not work with new XP PC?

1. Plug in speakers and external monitor do not work with new XP PC? - Similar Threads - Plug speakers external

2. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.: Hello, so i was using my Dell Laptop Inspiron 5558 when suddenly my speakers stopped working... the fixes which i have tried:1. Re-installing Divers from Dell's website2. Changing from Realteak to High Definition Audio3. Cleaning the headphone jack4. Rebooting my Laptop...
  3. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.: Hello, so i was using my Dell Laptop Inspiron 5558 when suddenly my speakers stopped working... the fixes which i have tried:1. Re-installing Divers from Dell's website2. Changing from Realteak to High Definition Audio3. Cleaning the headphone jack4. Rebooting my Laptop...
  4. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Speakers not working on new pc

Speakers not working on new pc: So I got a new gaming pc today figured I would get a new set of speakers at the same time so I got some dell ones from ebay there are 5 speakers plus sub woofer my issue is only sound is coming from 2 of them when I check the sound options on my pc if only finds speakers...
  6. external monitor speakers don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    external monitor speakers don't work: External monitor speakers don't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-speakers-dont-work/ac195de4-26e4-4388-8aaa-a6da0cf04af8
  7. my external speakers do not work

my external speakers do not work: My external speakers do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-speakers-do-not-work/f9b3f327-e915-47fd-bcf7-adf654bac98e
  8. External Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Speakers not working: Hey there, my work computer is brand new and running windows 10. We previously had XP (I know...) for some reason the speakers will not play music at all. I’ve tried the troubleshooting options and to show disabled/disconnected items on the audio menu but they aren’t even...
  9. external pc speakers

external pc speakers: How to connect pc speakers to pc via 'USB audio stereo sound adapter'. What changes must be made to settings & how to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-pc-speakers/a8f8dbff-74ed-45fc-b27e-7b5b553d653d
  10. Monitor(With speakers)/Speaker showing up as "Not Plugged In"

Monitor(With speakers)/Speaker showing up as "Not Plugged In": Okay so I've had this problem for a while and I didn't really bother to try and fix it before now. https://i.imgur.com/1Cz6fES.png https://i.imgur.com/TnN7PIt.png I have NO CLUE why I have so many devices, but the thing is that the only available audio is through a...