Windows 10: Plug into different USB port after shutdown?

Discus and support Plug into different USB port after shutdown? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If I unplug all the USB connections to modify the computer (insert/remove pci card, etc) and replug the USB connections back into different locations,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LT2000, Sep 22, 2015.

1. LT2000 Win User

Plug into different USB port after shutdown?

If I unplug all the USB connections to modify the computer (insert/remove pci card, etc) and replug the USB connections back into different locations, they do not work....at least not immediately. I have to reboot a few times, disconnect them, reboot, etc. and eventually they will be recognized and work fine.

However, if I disconnect everything, shut the power off and then reconnect them all in the same ports, all is fine. Is this normal behavior? I would have thought it wouldn't matter, but it does. Not sure if this is on the BIOS or OS side.

:)

LT2000, Sep 22, 2015

2. Microsoft Lifecam in windows 10

try a different USB port i had mine plugged into a 3.0 port and the camera itself worked but not the mic when i plugged it into a 2.0 port everything worked just fine the drivers are there the software just doesn't work in windows 10 so try a different
    USB port and see if that does anything.

Mikie19598, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Anyone else getting the 801812DD error code on a FOCUS?

I was receiving this error for my rev1.4 Focus after being prompted for the update today(finally, lol) and plugging the cable into the back usb ports fixed it. I think maybe the front ports may not have enough power.

Bloodforge, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

Plug into different USB port after shutdown?

1. Plug into different USB port after shutdown? - Similar Threads - Plug different USB

2. Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.: When my USB hub with keyboard, mouse, printer, and monitor is plugged into USB-C port, the laptop will go into sleep mode rather than shutdown when selecting Shutdown from menu....
  3. Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.: When my USB hub with keyboard, mouse, printer, and monitor is plugged into USB-C port, the laptop will go into sleep mode rather than shutdown when selecting Shutdown from menu....
  4. Different devices plugged into random usb ports?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Different devices plugged into random usb ports?: if I plug "device A" into "USB 1", and plug "device B" into "USB 2", then disconnect both devices and plug "device B" into "USB 1" there will be a device-driver conflict? Thanks! *Smile 173183
  5. USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown

USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown: I've seen other people have this problem, and the solutions either didn't help or seemed to be wrong. This didn't use to happen, it randomly seems that when I press a button on both my wired keyboard or mouse, their lights turn on, when the system has been shut down. I...
  6. Tough To Plug in USB Drivers into Front Port

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tough To Plug in USB Drivers into Front Port: Hello All I have a Media Card Reader on my Asus G11CD-K, and lately my USB 3.0 ports in front are kinda hard to plug into for some of my drives, should i clean those out next time i do dust cleaning? ((Only have an Electric air duster, Xpower device is that safe to use for...
  7. Remote PC plugged into USB port has to be manually plugged back after installing Windows...

Remote PC plugged into USB port has to be manually plugged back after installing Windows...: So we have a remote computer that is connected to our product that collects and sends data, but the problem is that every time Windows 10 updates, the device that we use to talk to our product that is connected through the USB port stops working. Can we just turn off Windows...
  8. USB devices doesn't work when the devices are plugged in to different ports

USB devices doesn't work when the devices are plugged in to different ports: So my friend has a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10, and he has a strange issue. He has 2 USB ports, both 3.0, and the situation is like this: PORT 1: Mouse and Keyboard work in this port only. Don't work on PORT 2. PORT 2: Scanner and Wacom tablet work in this port. Don't...
  9. keeps memory of what is plugged on USB ports

keeps memory of what is plugged on USB ports: Hi, I have a laptop and I travel a lot. Hence, I unplug and I replug most of my peripherical: mouse, keyboard, printer, etc. I change the USB drives all the time. I have a bug from windows 10. When I change the place of the peripherical, it looks like Windows 10 has...
  10. No Screen shutdown when USB hub is plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    No Screen shutdown when USB hub is plugged in: I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now. I set my screen to turn off after ten minutes but it doesn't shut off. Today I read somewhere that it could be because I have a USB hub plugged in. Sure enough I unplugged the Hub and my screen shuts down as I have set it...