Windows 10: Plug n Play not working

Discus and support Plug n Play not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; been having this issue for the past 5 years since i moved to win 10 the issue is that after a period of time plug N play stops recognizing unplugging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by michaelhiltunen, Aug 17, 2023.

1. Plug n Play not working

been having this issue for the past 5 years since i moved to win 10 the issue is that after a period of time plug N play stops recognizing unplugging and plugging in of devices forcing me to wither restart the hole pc or logging off this have been an issue across 10+ fresh windows 10 installs and 4 different new pc's i have lost work and money because of this cause sometimes it stops my other devices working like my mouse and keyboard at the same time when i go to unplug anything

:)

michaelhiltunen, Aug 17, 2023

2. plug n play

my plug-n-play wont work when i plug my korg keyboard into the usb

***Moved from: Mobile Devices / Other Windows mobile devices / Settings / Other/Unknown.***

BryanAngles, Aug 17, 2023
  3. Shopper1 Win User
    USB Keyboards: Plug N' Play: Unanswered

Ohhh-Do I have the following info correct then:

The 'driver software' is not built-into the keyboard itself so that, when it is plugged in, the driver software auto-installed.

Rather, my Windows OS already has these keyboard drivers built into its OS.

As a result, when the keyboard is plugged in, it is literally plug n' play because there are no installation steps required.

Shopper1, Aug 17, 2023
  4. Plug n Play not working

USB Keyboards: Plug N' Play: Unanswered

100% correct.

Correct again ... and for the same reason there are no uninstallation steps when you unplug.

When you plug in the keyboard, the keyboard tells Windows what model it is, and Windows says "I got you covered."

However - do pay heed to what Canadian Tech explained: When the plug and play device is a storage device, like a USB flash drive or an external hard drive, you should eject the device from the notification area before you physically remove it.

a1895d72-ef7a-4142-941b-84c13735a5ea, Aug 17, 2023
Thema:

Plug n Play not working

1. Plug n Play not working - Similar Threads - Plug Play working

2. Plug n Play not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plug n Play not working: been having this issue for the past 5 years since i moved to win 10 the issue is that after a period of time plug N play stops recognizing unplugging and plugging in of devices forcing me to wither restart the hole pc or logging off this have been an issue across 10+ fresh...
  3. Plug n Play not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plug n Play not working: been having this issue for the past 5 years since i moved to win 10 the issue is that after a period of time plug N play stops recognizing unplugging and plugging in of devices forcing me to wither restart the hole pc or logging off this have been an issue across 10+ fresh...
  4. USB Keyboards: Plug N' Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Keyboards: Plug N' Play: Hello--I just wanted to double-check a detail.I am aware that a USB keyboard is plug n' play when using Windows so that it can be plugged in and unplugged while the computer remains on.Q1. If a USB keyboard is going to be 'swapped' for another USB keyboard, is it still...
  5. USB Keyboards: Plug N' Play

USB Keyboards: Plug N' Play: Hello--I just wanted to double-check a detail.I am aware that a USB keyboard is plug n' play when using Windows so that it can be plugged in and unplugged while the computer remains on.Q1. If a USB keyboard is going to be 'swapped' for another USB keyboard, is it still...
  6. SimpleTech HD - Not Recognized as Plug N Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SimpleTech HD - Not Recognized as Plug N Play: I have a new computer and pulled out my SimpleTech 96300-41001-012 external hard drive. Plugged it in and it is not recognized. No driver loaded for it.I did notice that my old cable has a filter on it but not sure that is relevant.Where do I find a driver for this model?...
  7. SimpleTech HD - Not Recognized as Plug N Play

SimpleTech HD - Not Recognized as Plug N Play: I have a new computer and pulled out my SimpleTech 96300-41001-012 external hard drive. Plugged it in and it is not recognized. No driver loaded for it.I did notice that my old cable has a filter on it but not sure that is relevant.Where do I find a driver for this model?...
  8. Bluetooth plug 'n' play not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth plug 'n' play not working: Hello, I'm a long-time Windows 10 user. I'm using the latest mainstream build of Windows 10 (version 1903, OS build 18362.418) But I don't think that's really a factor as this is an ongoing problem. I can't get anything Bluetooth to work on my PC. It's not a hardware...
  9. Plug n Play Issue

Plug n Play Issue: Hi All I recently updated to windows 10 bt since then as i plug in my external harddisk it cannot be detected until i reboot the machine again.... Kindly assist Fellows 28530
  10. win10 no longer allows plug n play keyboards to work

win10 no longer allows plug n play keyboards to work: i rebooted my computer late on the 15th / early the 16th and when it came up the keyboard quit working. trouble shooting proved usb ports working, devices working on other comp, plug n play mouse headset all fine.....just no keybd. tried removing rebooting reinstalling to no...