Windows 10: Plug & Play

Discus and support Plug & Play in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop upgraded to Windows 10 won't recognize my mp3 player or my phone when I plug them in via USB. The computer doesn't warn me that the drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZachMarley, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Plug & Play

My laptop upgraded to Windows 10 won't recognize my mp3 player or my phone when I plug them in via USB. The computer doesn't warn me that the drivers are missing, it doesn't even acknowledge that they are plugged in. It does power either device when they are plugged in, but I can't access the data on them. I tried going through Device Manager, right clicking Portable Devices, and then Scan For Hardware Changes, but it still doesn't detect them. I also tried using a USB hub and not using a USB hub, as well as stopping and starting plug and play services.

It does continue to recognize my external hard drive and my USB enabled guitar amplifier.

Please advise, and thank you in advance.

:)

ZachMarley, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

My plug and play is still on running after 2.5 Hours

Hi Declan,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to stop the plug and play service and again start the service and check the status of this issue. Follow the steps below to stop the Plug and Play service.

• Press Windows Key + R key

• Type “Services.msc” and press Enter

• Right click on Plug and Play and click on stop

• Again start the service.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Jul 18, 2020
  3. txstoby Win User
    Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Jul 18, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

Plug & Play

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Plug & Play

1. Plug & Play - Similar Threads - Plug Play

2. When I play games on my laptop it only says plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I play games on my laptop it only says plugged in: I have a DellG5 15 5587 and I went to both versions of Windows 11 and 10 to just see my battery draining while I was playing games such as MW3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-play-games-on-my-laptop-it-only-says/14ee3590-a550-4830-baa9-3e62775405cb
  3. When I play games on my laptop it only says plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I play games on my laptop it only says plugged in: I have a DellG5 15 5587 and I went to both versions of Windows 11 and 10 to just see my battery draining while I was playing games such as MW3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-play-games-on-my-laptop-it-only-says/14ee3590-a550-4830-baa9-3e62775405cb
  4. I cannot get plug-and-play to work for DVDRAM GSA-T20L external drive on Windows 11

I cannot get plug-and-play to work for DVDRAM GSA-T20L external drive on Windows 11: I bought a generic DVD reader off of Amazon, and my device will not recognize it. All of the drivers that I've found online are for earlier versions of Windows....
  5. I cannot get plug-and-play to work for DVDRAM GSA-T20L external drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get plug-and-play to work for DVDRAM GSA-T20L external drive on Windows 11: I bought a generic DVD reader off of Amazon, and my device will not recognize it. All of the drivers that I've found online are for earlier versions of Windows....
  6. Can I use a Plug and Play external DVD drive for my HP laptop with Windows 11 S mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a Plug and Play external DVD drive for my HP laptop with Windows 11 S mode?: Hello,I purchased and set up my new HP Envy x360 laptop with Windows 11 S mode. I need to use an external DVD drive for a course I enrolled in. I learned I cannot use an external DVD drive with Windows 11 in S mode. A representative from HP support told me I could use their...
  7. Can I use a Plug and Play external DVD drive for my HP laptop with Windows 11 S mode?

Can I use a Plug and Play external DVD drive for my HP laptop with Windows 11 S mode?: Hello,I purchased and set up my new HP Envy x360 laptop with Windows 11 S mode. I need to use an external DVD drive for a course I enrolled in. I learned I cannot use an external DVD drive with Windows 11 in S mode. A representative from HP support told me I could use their...
  8. windows 10 does not see my plug and play camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 does not see my plug and play camera: I bought and plug and plasy webcam with microphone. the microphoned works perfectly by windows does not see the camera. it's not listed on device manager. don't know what to do?...
  9. windows 10 does not see my plug and play camera

windows 10 does not see my plug and play camera: I bought and plug and plasy webcam with microphone. the microphoned works perfectly by windows does not see the camera. it's not listed on device manager. don't know what to do?...
  10. windows 10 does not see my plug and play camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware