Windows 10: Plugged headphones into PC - Microphone tested and working, but no output is detected

Discus and support Plugged headphones into PC - Microphone tested and working, but no output is detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I plugged my headphones into my PC through the headphone jack and it detects that the microphone on the headphones works. I've recorded audio with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SokiT, Oct 8, 2020.

1. SokiT Win User

Plugged headphones into PC - Microphone tested and working, but no output is detected

So I plugged my headphones into my PC through the headphone jack and it detects that the microphone on the headphones works. I've recorded audio with it and it works as intended. However, when I go into the settings menu and see my input and output devices for sound, the display that I'm using shows up under output, but nothing else does. Shouldn't the headphones show up under the output too? Sound comes out through the display. It seems like it only recognizes my headphones for the microphone and nothing else. Does anyone know if I'm doing anything wrong here? The headphones work and play audio when I plug them into the display monitor, but I want to use the microphone too, which I can't do when they're only plugged into the monitor.

TL;DR PC detects my headphone's mic as an input but doesn't detect my headphone's speakers as an output, what do I do

:)

SokiT, Oct 8, 2020
  2. makesense Win User

Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Oct 8, 2020
  3. sergO3 Win User
    Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

Plugged headphones into PC - Microphone tested and working, but no output is detected [​IMG]

Plugged headphones into PC - Microphone tested and working, but no output is detected [​IMG]

ed.

sergO3, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Joash_711 Win User

Plugged headphones into PC - Microphone tested and working, but no output is detected

My PC is not detecting any microphone from my wired earbuds.

I am running Windows 10 Pro

My earbuds:

https://www.amazon.ca/1MORE-Triple-...1-1&keywords=1more+triple+driver+in-ear+headp

Plugged into the headphone symbol jack, settings detect the output device and audio works but does not detect input device.

Plugged into the microphone symbol jack, settings detect the input device (but microphone still does not work) and does not detect output device.

No other speakers are connected to the PC except that one 3.5mm cable earphones.

The microphone on the earphone works tested on my smartphone.

Please help. Is this some kind of compatibility issue? Thanks

Joash_711, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Plugged headphones into PC - Microphone tested and working, but no output is detected - Similar Threads - Plugged headphones Microphone

2. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  4. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc: At first the whole headset wasn't being detected but I disabled and enabled the drivers and now the output is detected but not the input. I can't be on zoom classes because it doesn't detect the microphone on my headphones. I tried turning on all microphone access to apps but...
  6. Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc: At first the whole headset wasn't being detected but I disabled and enabled the drivers and now the output is detected but not the input. I can't be on zoom classes because it doesn't detect the microphone on my headphones. I tried turning on all microphone access to apps but...
  7. Headphones are detected, but microphone isn't, even though it's plugged in.

Headphones are detected, but microphone isn't, even though it's plugged in.: In my laptop, I use headphones that also have a microphone. But, I have recently realised that when plugging in said headphones, the only thing that changes is audio output from the laptop's speakers, to my headphones. Audio input the micrphone, stays to system default and...
  8. 2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected: I've noticed for a while whenever a pair of Bluetooth headphones are connected to my Dell XPS, 2 outputs show up. There is a "Headphone {headphone name} Stereo" and "Headset {headphone name} Hands-free AG Audio". The default is the Headphone output, but to use the microphone,...
  9. Windows will not detect microphone plugged into headphone jack.

Windows will not detect microphone plugged into headphone jack.: I am using Windows 10. I have a Neewer NW-700 microphone (driverless condenser mic), and am using it along with a Neewer 48v Phantom Power Supply. However, the microphone does not show up in the sound control panel, even with the 'Show Disabled Devices' checked....
  10. Headphones output device is not plugged in

Headphones output device is not plugged in: Hello! Today I found myself in the following situation: I I did some gaming on my desktop PC with headphones plugged in to front panel. Afterwards I unplugged them to use them with another device and left the PC running. When I returned and plugged in headphones again, they...