Windows 10: Plugged in-0% battery-Windows 10, Dell XPS1820

Discus and support Plugged in-0% battery-Windows 10, Dell XPS1820 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK, I've had this PC for a long while. Have a need for it now so that's the reason for the resurrection. There are a number of threads on XPS charging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnHarting, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Plugged in-0% battery-Windows 10, Dell XPS1820

OK, I've had this PC for a long while. Have a need for it now so that's the reason for the resurrection. There are a number of threads on XPS charging issues, last one I read was "returned to Dell and they are replacing the MB and battery". For the last few years the PC boots and runs fine plugged in through the side power port, but shows "0% available plugged in" when hovering over the battery icon. My question is whether there are diagnostic tools available to separate a dead battery from a charger ID issue from a bad charging circuit. No problem replacing the battery ~$70 and I have 2 c

:)

JohnHarting, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Zeeba# Win User

0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Jan 16, 2022
  3. CazzaEZ Win User
    Battery at 0%, plugged in not charging.

Hi,

Recently my battery has not been charging. Initially I would notice the battery status being "plugged in not charging". Removing the power cable and reinserting it would normally solve the problem. One night I plugged my laptop in to charge (while in sleep
    mode) and it did not charge all night. I did not notice until the next day when I turned it on and it was on 5%. Subsequently my laptop died.

After my battery dying, my laptop has been running at "0%, plugged in not charging". Removing and reinserting the power cable no longer fixes the issue.

I have also been receiving a BIOS warning upon startup, saying charger is not recognized as a Dell charger, and battery may not charge. The charger I am using is the Dell one that came with the laptop. I have been receiving this warning for months, but not
    had any significant issues until now. I can see no visible damage to the charger.

Updating BIOS could be a possible solution, but BIOS will not update unless I have a minimum of 10% battery.

Battery drivers are "up to date" when I try to update driver.

I have drivers:

Microsoft AC Adapter

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

I currently have a windows 10 update pending, but that will not install unless I have a minimum of 40% battery, so cannot update my drivers via windows.

If I uninstall my Battery drivers, will they reinstall upon restarting if I have 0% battery? Or alternatively can I bypass the minimum battery percentage restrictions?

I have a Dell Inspiron 3169.

Windows 10 version 1803.

I have had the battery for 2 years. Health status is "excellent" according to Dell Power Manager Lite.

Battery is not removable.

There were no changes or updates prior to issue.

Thanks in advance.

CazzaEZ, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Plugged in-0% battery-Windows 10, Dell XPS1820

Windows 10 - Battery "Plugged in, not charging"

From the moment I updated to Windows 10 my laptop battery has 0% charge and will not work without being plugged in and says "0% available - plugged in, not charging" Can anyone suggest a fix that doesn't involve turning on without being plugged in as that
    doesn't work?

MillieRafferty, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Plugged in-0% battery-Windows 10, Dell XPS1820

1. Plugged in-0% battery-Windows 10, Dell XPS1820 - Similar Threads - Plugged battery Dell

2. battery shows 0% available plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery shows 0% available plugged in: tried several methods like static discharge , force shutdown etc.when i try to uninstall those battery ACPI drivers my laptop automatically restarts and gets stuck at lockscreen EVERY single time when i do this.MUST be a driver issue , what to do? btw recently moved to win11...
  3. battery shows 0% available plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery shows 0% available plugged in: tried several methods like static discharge , force shutdown etc.when i try to uninstall those battery ACPI drivers my laptop automatically restarts and gets stuck at lockscreen EVERY single time when i do this.MUST be a driver issue , what to do? btw recently moved to win11...
  4. Plugged in-0% battery-Windows 10, Dell XPS1820

Plugged in-0% battery-Windows 10, Dell XPS1820: OK, I've had this PC for a long while. Have a need for it now so that's the reason for the resurrection. There are a number of threads on XPS charging issues, last one I read was "returned to Dell and they are replacing the MB and battery". For the last few years the PC boots...
  5. Plugged in-0% battery-Windows 10, Dell XPS1820

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugged in-0% battery-Windows 10, Dell XPS1820: OK, I've had this PC for a long while. Have a need for it now so that's the reason for the resurrection. There are a number of threads on XPS charging issues, last one I read was "returned to Dell and they are replacing the MB and battery". For the last few years the PC boots...
  6. Battery Issues 0% Available when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Issues 0% Available when plugged in: I have a dell inspiron 13 and the default battery that came with the laptop was getting old so I bought a new battery to replace it. For a few weeks the new battery worked fine and had about 4 hours of longer life but now it just says 0% available when plugged in and doesn't...
  7. Battery Issues 0% Available when plugged in

Battery Issues 0% Available when plugged in: I have a dell inspiron 13 and the default battery that came with the laptop was getting old so I bought a new battery to replace it. For a few weeks the new battery worked fine and had about 4 hours of longer life but now it just says 0% available when plugged in and doesn't...
  8. HP Windows 10- Battery 0% available plugged in, not charging

HP Windows 10- Battery 0% available plugged in, not charging: I have been using the current HP laptop for 4 years. The processor is Corei5. However, the battery has stopped charging since 6 months and the laptop runs on AC. After seeking online assistance through various forums to check battery status I am left helpless. An attempt to...
  9. Windows 10-Battery status: 0% available, plugged in, not charging

Windows 10-Battery status: 0% available, plugged in, not charging: Hello, I have acer Aspire E15 E5 573G laptop with Win-10 Home edition. Recently I upgraded PC config to 480gb SSD (for OS only) and additional 4GB ram. After a week of usage, I stumbled upon the issue mentioned in the subject. I have tried following but in vain: Restart...
  10. Battery at 0%, plugged in not charging.

Battery at 0%, plugged in not charging.: Hi, Recently my battery has not been charging. Initially I would notice the battery status being "plugged in not charging". Removing the power cable and reinserting it would normally solve the problem. One night I plugged my laptop in to charge (while in sleep mode) and it...