Windows 10: Plugged in devices not detected

Discus and support Plugged in devices not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I plugged my mic which the computer didn't even detect, while it does detect my headset but does not show the attachment in devices connected. Also it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EndingRobin3816, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Plugged in devices not detected

I plugged my mic which the computer didn't even detect, while it does detect my headset but does not show the attachment in devices connected. Also it turns the audio recorded from my headset to static. i updated and everything but the problem persists

:)

EndingRobin3816, Jan 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 after upgade to 1709 if keyboard not plugged then ethernet device is not detected.

When I start my windows 10 (1709 build) without plugging keyboard and mouse, it does not detect Ethernet card.

Mother board is of Intel and Ethernet is on board (integrated).

I have also installed latest Ethernet driver by auto updated drivers from internet.

Steps:

Shutdown pc

Remove keyboard and mouse

Keep lan cable plugged

Start pc

Ethernet device is not detected. It shows in list in Device manager screen. but with Yellow triangle.

Then I need to plug keyboard and just do a hardware scan then Ethernet is detected and all ok after that.

When I start with keyboard and mouse plugged in then it detects Ethernet card and available on LAN.

Am I missing something?

Rajeev_Mehta, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Plugged in devices not detected

Headphones output device is not plugged in

A quick update about additional steps I tried:

1. Uninstall KB4512508 (no effect)
    2. Re-install KB4512508 (no effect)
    3. Disable and re-enable High Definition Audio Device via device manager (no effect)

As a last ditch I booted the PC with a live OS from USB storage and to my surprise the Headphones socket on the front panel was detected and worked fine. I think this should rule out a hardware-related issue.

Once again, I would appreciate any suggestion to solve this problem.

Best regards,

randomisator, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Plugged in devices not detected

1. Plugged in devices not detected - Similar Threads - Plugged devices detected

2. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected: I have a realtk driver and i'm on windows 10Windows detects my speakers and enables it although it's not even plugged.It doesn't detect my headphones and it's plugged and my microphone tooIn the front panel.I tried to switch to Windows original high defnition audio driver but...
  3. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected: I have a realtk driver and i'm on windows 10Windows detects my speakers and enables it although it's not even plugged.It doesn't detect my headphones and it's plugged and my microphone tooIn the front panel.I tried to switch to Windows original high defnition audio driver but...
  4. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged

External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged: My pc detects audio device when no audio device is plugged.I have not plugged any audio device but there is speaker in playback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-audio-device-detected-when-no-audio/1e426f44-a7eb-478f-a523-2eb923a2eb12
  6. Windows 10 not detecting devices plugged into 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not detecting devices plugged into 3.5mm audio jack: I've seen people online having problems like this one but its not the same. I've spent 3 days straight trying to fix this. The problem I'm having is ANYTHING I plug into the audio jack does not even show up As screen shots show. I currently have my mixer board plugged into...
  7. Earbuds not detected while plugged in.

Earbuds not detected while plugged in.: About 3 or 4 months ago, I bought a new MSI laptop MSI GL75 9SD, i7-9750H, x64-based, GTX 1660Ti and this problem has always existed. I haven't upgraded my OS from Win8>Win10 or anything, it was Windows 10 Home when I bought it. Whenever I plug in my earbuds, there is no sign...
  8. Device plugged into USB is not detected by laptop

Device plugged into USB is not detected by laptop: I have plugged my MP3 player into the USB socket but is not being detected by my Windows 10 laptop. Please can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-plugged-into-usb-is-not-detected-by-laptop/23a0dee5-c240-4c51-b487-4f4318303047
  9. Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected

Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected: Recently, I tried using my microphone, yet found it wasn't working despite using it only a few weeks prior. I went through a few settings and found out that my microphone is apparently (which is set to default by the way) not plugged, however it definitely is as I can see it...
  10. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headset can only be detected in bluetooth not when plugged