Windows 10: Plugged in ethernet, but not connected to any networks

Discus and support Plugged in ethernet, but not connected to any networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I reset my PC with the keep my files option. After the process was done when I opened Edge i could only reach pages saying "hmm... Can't reach this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Starman907, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Plugged in ethernet, but not connected to any networks

I reset my PC with the keep my files option. After the process was done when I opened Edge i could only reach pages saying "hmm... Can't reach this page" after trying just about everything I could fine as a fix I found that my computer is recognizing there is an ethernet cable plugged in to it, but it's not recognizing any networks.

That's as far as I've gotten and can't find any information on what to do.

:)

Starman907, Jun 2, 2019

2. Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Network Connectivity

Thanks for the quick response. Have you tried to follow and run all the steps provided on the link above?

How are you trying to connect to the network? Wi-Fi / Lan?

• If you’re trying to connect via Wi-Fi, kindly check if the Wi-Fi service is enabled on your computer.

• If you’re connected via LAN, kindly unplug and re-plug the Ethernet cable connect from your computer to the router.

To further isolate this issue, kindly try connecting another device on the Internet and check if the same issue occurs.

Follow all the steps provided on the link below on how to fix network connection issues:

If the issue still persists, contact your Internet service provider and have them check your network.

Keep us posted.

JericDale Ort, Jun 2, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Plugged in ethernet, but not connected to any networks

Ethernet Cable connection in Dorms

Press start
    Type in "network", and select "Network and Sharing Centre"
    Click on Change Adapter Settings at the left.
    Check if you have two, one ethernet and one wireles.
    If you only have one, wireless, your ethernet driver is not installed (refer to website of manufacturer for driver)
    If you have two, and the ethernet cable is plugged in but the adapter is not connected - buy a new cable.
    Check with university site management to see if they have purposefully disabled physical network connection.

RCoon, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Plugged in ethernet, but not connected to any networks

1. Plugged in ethernet, but not connected to any networks - Similar Threads - Plugged ethernet connected

2. ethernet is not an option in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ethernet is not an option in network connections: I have a surface laptop 3 with the following configurationsDevice information: Surface model: Surface Laptop 3 Model 1873SAM: 16.606.139.0UEFI: 1.3203.140.0App version: 61.23120.90.0BIOS Version/Date: Microsoft Corporation 1.3203.140 08/06/2021Touch driver: 3.0.209.139Wi-Fi...
  3. ethernet is not an option in network connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ethernet is not an option in network connections: I have a surface laptop 3 with the following configurationsDevice information: Surface model: Surface Laptop 3 Model 1873SAM: 16.606.139.0UEFI: 1.3203.140.0App version: 61.23120.90.0BIOS Version/Date: Microsoft Corporation 1.3203.140 08/06/2021Touch driver: 3.0.209.139Wi-Fi...
  4. Multiple ethernet network connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple ethernet network connections: I carry my laptop between work and home frequently. At work, I have an assigned IP address. And at home, I am using DHCP. Right now, if I switch to DHCP, then I have to reenter my assigned IP address when I take the laptop to work. Is there someway to set up two "identities"...
  5. Ethernet network connection

Ethernet network connection: I have desktop computers, windows 10 pro and windows 10 home. Both have file sharing enabled but unable to share public folders. Got a message saying can't get access, check antivirus programme....
  6. Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters: Hello, I am having trouble getting a stable ethernet connection to my laptop. I have a USB adapter port and when I connect the ethernet cord to the port, nothing happens. But, I know the port and the cable are working fine because I tried on my roommate's computer and...
  7. Network Status states not connected to any network, despite being connected via ethernet,...

Network Status states not connected to any network, despite being connected via ethernet,...: For the past 6 months, I have not had access to the Microsoft Store, the Xbox App or any other Microsoft apps that require the internet. My computer is on the internet and browsing/gaming via Steam works fine - however I cannot game with any of the current Microsoft Store...
  8. Not connected to any networks

Not connected to any networks: Hey there, my internet works fine but the problem is that when i go to Network and Sharing Center the connections line is blank and it used to be ethernet. When i go to adapter settings, it says that the folder is empty. My network adapter is in device manager with updated...
  9. Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network'

Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network': Hi all, I'm yet another victim of the unidentified network Windows bug. I've had my Surface Pro 4 for two weeks now and ethernet has never worked through my docking station. Originally I thought it was a surface thing, but apparently all Windows users are confronted by it...
  10. Connected to Ethernet but windows says not connected to any network.

Connected to Ethernet but windows says not connected to any network.: Hi I am connected to the internet using ethernet and can access the internet but windows can't detect any networks and I can't access windows store or verify identity on PC. I have to change and set DNS and IP address every time I log in. Edit : I've tried resetting...