Windows 10: Plugged in, Not charging after fresh install of Windows 10

Discus and support Plugged in, Not charging after fresh install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently bought a brand new Lenovo Z70 laptop, and swapped the HDD out for a SSD. I did a fresh install of Windows 10, using a USB I created from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wzup, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Wzup Win User

Plugged in, Not charging after fresh install of Windows 10

Recently bought a brand new Lenovo Z70 laptop, and swapped the HDD out for a SSD. I did a fresh install of Windows 10, using a USB I created from Microsoft's website. Now the laptop won't charge. It's telling me it's "plugged in, not charging". I have tried all of the solutions I have found so far, with no luck. When the laptop is plugged it, it doesn't drain the battery, but it doesn't charge it either. It's hovering at 59% right now. All drivers have been updated. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

:)

Wzup, Sep 5, 2016

2. "Plugged in, not charging" issue in windows 10 after the creator's update

This appears to be either a defect or a compatibility problem.

I am going to recommend you downgrade to Windows 10 1703.

Step 1: download Windows 10 1703 from the following link:

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php?sid=74a7cf5...

Choose the following:

- Windows Final

- Windows 10, version 1703

- Windows 10 Pro + Home

- English

- x64 (64 bit) x32 (32 bit)

Step 2: create a bootable copy

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Step 3: perform a custom install

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

You should backup your files before downgrading.

Applications will need to be reinstalled.

The custom install will archive your files, so you can recover them from the Windows.old folder - make sure you follow the instructions to the letter.

There are some compatibility issues with Windows 10 version 1709 and certain hardware or software. There is no explanation why a lot of these problems are happening in Windows 10 1709, but the release is significantly flawed. Software and Hardware that once
    worked in previous versions, just suddenly stops working in Windows 10 1709 after an upgrade and sometimes loses functionality or stability.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 5, 2016
  3. "Plugged in, not charging" issue in windows 10 after the creator's update

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Which version and edition Windows did you originally upgrade from or was installed prior to your current version:

Windows 10 - 1703, 1607, 1511, 1507 (build 10240)

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro

Andre Da Costa, Sep 5, 2016
  4. sammy221 Win User

Having the same issue, but with my HP laptop after replacing the battery with a brand new one.

sammy221, Sep 7, 2016
  5. dencal Win User
    Remove battery, does computer start?....if yes replace it again to see if it now charges....if not
    Check all connections to see if any damaged.

dencal, Sep 7, 2016
  6. AG87 Win User
    Have same issue. Upgraded sons ACER laptop to 120 Gig SSD due to lock up issues. Fresh Windows 10 loaded. Now battery will not charge nor can he run it on battery. Drivers all say the are operating fine. Multiple attempts to reset battery all failed. Giving up. Looking for new nonAcer laptop. Frustrating beyond belief.

AG87, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Plugged in, Not charging after fresh install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Plugged charging fresh

2. Relatively fresh windows install freezes after login if phone is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Relatively fresh windows install freezes after login if phone is plugged in: Windows 10 22h2 versionI7 7820x 48gb 3200 cl16 ram5700xt graphics cardWd sn550 windows drive and 4 hdd for data storage.One plus 9 pro is the phone plugged into the PC.The issue is, I'll boot up windows and login as normal. Near immediately with my phone plugged in in charge...
  3. Relatively fresh windows install freezes after login if phone is plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Relatively fresh windows install freezes after login if phone is plugged in: Windows 10 22h2 versionI7 7820x 48gb 3200 cl16 ram5700xt graphics cardWd sn550 windows drive and 4 hdd for data storage.One plus 9 pro is the phone plugged into the PC.The issue is, I'll boot up windows and login as normal. Near immediately with my phone plugged in in charge...
  4. Windows 10 after fresh install

Windows 10 after fresh install: As we all know, Windows 10 installation comes with pre-installed apps, automatically starting services. Now just to be clear I want to be in the safe side this time, that's why I'm asking here. What are the applications and services that are unnecessary & doesn't effect...
  5. plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    plugged in, not charging: My laptop is asus rog strix gl-503 bought before 3 months ago FOR THAT I ALREADY DONE THIS RESOLUTION : i already uninstalled drivers and updated drivers and windows latest and already rebooted several times and i have non removable battery PLEASE HELP ME...
  6. laptop plugged in not charging Windows 10

laptop plugged in not charging Windows 10: our very new ASOS laptop (less than a year) is not charging more than 59%. the tool tip says that the laptop plugged in not charging have tried updating the power settings, tried the power troubleshooter, tried Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery >>...
  7. Plugged in not charging (Windows 10)

Plugged in not charging (Windows 10): Hey, I got this computer about a year ago and haven't had any problems with it. Now, for some reason it won't charge, the computer recognizes that's it's plugged in yet the amount of battery won't go up. Saying 'Plugged in not charging.' I don't know how to fix it and need...
  8. plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    plugged in, not charging: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 2-in-1 7000 series laptop (flips into a tablet). This has been happening for a while, but when I plug in my 45 W ac adapter charger (came with laptop) it says " plugged in, not charging." Sometimes I can get it to where it'll charge, but lately I can...
  9. plugged in not charging

plugged in not charging: All of a sudden I get plugged in not charging when i scroll over the battery life. The current power is 0% so if I unplug the computer shuts off. I tried all updates but nothing. I asked at a computer store if it's the battery and they said if it is they would order the...
  10. plugged in , not charging

plugged in , not charging: when i am charging my laptop it gets charge up to 60-75% then it suddenly start to stop and shows ( plugged in,not charging). if i unplug and plug it again then for about 5 sec it shows charging then again it stops. so never getting 100% charged my laptop. and if i stayed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plugged in and not charging and whea uncorrectable error windows

2. lenovo t470s fresh install second battery not charging windows 10

3. plugged in not charging error after fresh start

4. plugged in not charging after installing windows 10