Windows 10: Plugged in, Not charging but I still cant find a solution :c

Discus and support Plugged in, Not charging but I still cant find a solution :c in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I am having a problem with my Alienware M14x-r2. (16GB RAM, 2.70 GHz, Geforce 650M, 1TB HDD.) It's showing either "plugged in, not charging" or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pookyloo, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Pookyloo Win User

Plugged in, Not charging but I still cant find a solution :c

So I am having a problem with my Alienware M14x-r2. (16GB RAM, 2.70 GHz, Geforce 650M, 1TB HDD.)

It's showing either "plugged in, not charging" or "not charging" whenever it's plugged in and does not seem to charge any batter whatsoever despite it being shut down. I now try to keep it plugged in as much as possible whenever I am using it, and it's pretty annoying.

When I had this issue before, I would shut off the computer, unplug the charger, unplug the battery, discharge the computer, replug the battery then launch everything up again, then it would be fine for a few days. Now it's stuck not charging. I have tried reinstalling the drivers already.

I am thinking it a hardware problem since the computer is a bit old and damaged and it just won't charge well in the first place, but it used to work. If there is some small detail I am missing here, I would like to know what it is. Thanks Plugged in, Not charging but I still cant find a solution :c :D

:)

Pookyloo, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

SOLVED: "Plugged in, not charging" issue. No solutions work!!!

Hi,

It's possible that this "plugged in, not charging" message is due to some power settings for your laptop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• What's the current battery level of your laptop?

• Were you able to charge your laptop properly even once since you bought it?

• Can you list all of the troubleshooting steps you've done so far, so we could figure out the next step? Aside from reinstalling the drivers, and unplugging and re-plugging the power chord, what else have you tried?

Yolvi Ell, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    SOLVED: "Plugged in, not charging" issue. No solutions work!!!

I just copied and posted this from another question

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Zeeba#, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Plugged in, Not charging but I still cant find a solution :c - Similar Threads - Plugged charging still

2. Battery stuck on 3% remaining, plugged but not charging. Any solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery stuck on 3% remaining, plugged but not charging. Any solution?: Yesterday I had to use my laptop unplugged because I had no other choice. I was distracted so I didn't notice power percentage until battery drained to 0% and turned off by itself. When I plugged it in and turned it on again, it booted as usual, but power shows "Battery...
  3. Battery stuck on 3% remaining, plugged but not charging. Any solution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery stuck on 3% remaining, plugged but not charging. Any solution?: Yesterday I had to use my laptop unplugged because I had no other choice. I was distracted so I didn't notice power percentage until battery drained to 0% and turned off by itself. When I plugged it in and turned it on again, it booted as usual, but power shows "Battery...
  4. Cant find a solution for BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant find a solution for BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD: Hello, Since a while my PC gets a BSOD and crashes with a BAD_POOL_CALLER Error. Fight now my PC wont even Run for 5 min before crashing. Ive tried Most of the things the web told me-update Windows drivers-update device drivers-sfc Scan/repair which tells me it found some...
  5. Cant find a solution for BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant find a solution for BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD: Hello, Since a while my PC gets a BSOD and crashes with a BAD_POOL_CALLER Error. Fight now my PC wont even Run for 5 min before crashing. Ive tried Most of the things the web told me-update Windows drivers-update device drivers-sfc Scan/repair which tells me it found some...
  6. Persistent BSOD, cant find solution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent BSOD, cant find solution: bsod irql_not_less_or_equal. This bastard have been showing up for months now. I tried the checklists I found on google. I need your help, if you please. It seems to happen mostly when im using the chrome web-browser. But it could be coincidence. It happens most days! Very...
  7. Please help i cant find a solution anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help i cant find a solution anywhere: Please help! Ive been using three monitors for a couple months now and suddenly my main monitor is the only one that works! If i unplug it, the other two come on but it still detects the first one and all my windows still pop up on the first so i cant check the settings....
  8. Battery icon only says "plugged in", but it still charges.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery icon only says "plugged in", but it still charges.: Recently my laptop -an Acer Aspire ES1-533- updated, and ever since whenever it's charging it says "plugged in". Before the update it would say "plugged in, charging." However, both times it's charged this week, it's charged all the way back up to 100%. There's nothing wrong...
  9. googled for ages cant find solutions. . .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    googled for ages cant find solutions. . .: so I have tried everything here one day I got the below message in a pop up box , have googled and tried lots and lots of solutions from commands and checking if all drivers and things are up to date , even doing a fresh install get to restart and then says undoing changes to...
  10. plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    plugged in, not charging: My laptop is asus rog strix gl-503 bought before 3 months ago FOR THAT I ALREADY DONE THIS RESOLUTION : i already uninstalled drivers and updated drivers and windows latest and already rebooted several times and i have non removable battery PLEASE HELP ME...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo laptop plugged in not charging