Windows 10: plugged in not charging.

Discus and support plugged in not charging. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What can I do in order for the plugged in to charge on my Laptop. I am able to function without the battery as long as the plugged in is connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by surdo48#, Sep 5, 2018.

1. surdo48# Win User

plugged in not charging.

What can I do in order for the plugged in to charge on my Laptop. I am able to function without the battery as long as the plugged in is connected to the outlet; but the battery is not charging.

:)

surdo48#, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Zeeba# Win User

0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Sep 5, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Plugged In, Not Charging

Sometimes depending on your Windows 10 Build, your battery will not charge to 100%, this extends the life of your battery . . . plug out the laptop, drain the battery for 10 - 15 minutes, plug it back in and see if it starts to charge the battery

If however, your battery is not charging at all in Windows 10, follow these steps to rectify this issue:

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop
    • Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall
    • Shutdown
    • Disconnect Power Supply
    • Insert battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Zeeba# Win User

plugged in not charging.

SOLVED: "Plugged in, not charging" issue. No solutions work!!!

I just copied and posted this from another question

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Zeeba#, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

plugged in not charging.

1. plugged in not charging. - Similar Threads - plugged charging

2. My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...: I got this laptop before February it was refurbished, I plugged it in and waited 5 hours and at first it was charging very fast it was almost halfway charged and when I go to turn it on it suddenly said low battery and then I looked and seen that there was no battery icon at...
  3. My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...: I got this laptop before February it was refurbished, I plugged it in and waited 5 hours and at first it was charging very fast it was almost halfway charged and when I go to turn it on it suddenly said low battery and then I looked and seen that there was no battery icon at...
  4. My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in: My windows 11 laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in ı tried troubleshooting but it didn't workı researched and checked the batteryreport with command prompt but that didn't do anything either...
  5. My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in

My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in: My windows 11 laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in ı tried troubleshooting but it didn't workı researched and checked the batteryreport with command prompt but that didn't do anything either...
  6. Windows 11 Laptop says it's charging, it's not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Laptop says it's charging, it's not plugged in: My Laptop is a Dell Latitude with Windows 11 on it, and it says it's charging but it's not plugged in at all. I've reseted it three times and updated my computer just to make sure, but it still says it's charging. The battery light that shows when it's charging is still one,...
  7. Windows 11 Laptop says it's charging, it's not plugged in

Windows 11 Laptop says it's charging, it's not plugged in: My Laptop is a Dell Latitude with Windows 11 on it, and it says it's charging but it's not plugged in at all. I've reseted it three times and updated my computer just to make sure, but it still says it's charging. The battery light that shows when it's charging is still one,...
  8. Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 2, battery not charging at all. Only works when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 2, battery not charging at all. Only works when plugged in.: For about a week and a half I have been dealing with this and have been trying to figure out what to do. Just about at the point where I am going to take it to the local laptop repair shop. I have used this laptop for 4 years. Constanalty running BIM and design software and...
  9. Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 2, battery not charging at all. Only works when plugged in.

Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 2, battery not charging at all. Only works when plugged in.: For about a week and a half I have been dealing with this and have been trying to figure out what to do. Just about at the point where I am going to take it to the local laptop repair shop. I have used this laptop for 4 years. Constanalty running BIM and design software and...
  10. I have a Asus A17 Laptop when I plug the charger it gives me high ping while charging and...

I have a Asus A17 Laptop when I plug the charger it gives me high ping while charging and...: Device:- Asus A17 Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-asus-a17-laptop-when-i-plug-the-charger/2aa4bae3-1107-4b07-88a2-93b19adea0bb